웃

Andrew Breitbart website posts cartoon of fat First Lady mocking her anti-obesity campaign

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Andrew Breitbart website posts cartoon of fat First Lady mocking her anti-obesity campaign

alg_obamanation_1.jpg

Andrew Breitbart, at it again?

The conservative blogger – who is at the center of a lawsuit over a video his site posted depicting a government official as racist – now has a cartoon on his Big Government site portraying First Lady Michelle Obama as a plump, hamburger-scarfing glutton.

In the cartoon, posted over the weekend, the First Lady is sitting at a dinner table with President Obama.

"I've stepped up my efforts to control America's eating habits by telling restaurants to lower portion sizes and fat content," a double-chinned Michelle Obama says, referring to her anti-obesity campaign, which celebrated its one-year anniversary last week.

The President, pictured with huge ears and sitting next to her in front of a tiny plate of vegetables, responds, "Michelle, I want to get reelected. What you're doing is only going to annoy a lot of people."

The First Lady responds, "Shut up and pass the bacon!"

Breitbart told the Daily News that he "can't speak to anything that's going on right now" because he's been traveling and has been ill. He referred all questions to Big Government Editor Michael Flynn.

Shirley Sherrod, the former Department of Agriculture employee who was forced to call it quits last year, filed a lawsuit against Breitbart on Friday. She alleges the blogger posted a misleading video that damaged her reputation.

"Whether or not one finds the cartoon funny is certainly subject to debate," Flynn wrote in an email. "But I can't really see how this is controversial to any but those with the frailest disposition."

alg_obamanation_2.jpg

"Michelle Obama's work on nutrition issues has gone beyond the normal First Lady advocacy into the realm of shaping national policy, so, on this issue, I think she is fair game for criticism," Flynn added.

"If there's a 'joke' in there, I'm missing it," Simon Maloy of Media Matters wrote. "This is the sort of stuff most of us left at the grade school playground." The cartoonists James Hudnall and Batton Lash, who collaborate on a political cartoon every week for BigGovernment.com, defended their work.

"We find the 'do as I say, not as I do' approach of the Obamas hypocritical and ripe for ridicule. The First Lady seeks to enforce healthy eating on the nation, while indulging on snacks in public appearances," said Lash, pointing to the recent White House Superbowl menu, which included deep-dish pizza and buffalo wings.

"The true measure of success of any political cartoon is how it effects the other side in the argument," Hudnall added. "Apparently, this one was a home run."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/02/15/2011-02-15_anrew_breitbart_website_posts_cartoon_of_fat_first_lady_mocking_her_antiobesity_.html

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Timeline

Maybe true, unfortunately. But we should recognize that obesity in USA REALLY IS an epidemic. I, like many, used to think this was an overblown liberal fantasy, until I looked at this: http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2007/fit.nation/obesity.map/

And yes, this is from CNN, a notoriously liberal company, but the data is real, and is backed by other sources. America is getting dangerously fat, and like most of its fat people, everyone's too embarrassed to admit it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Maybe true, unfortunately. But we should recognize that obesity in USA REALLY IS an epidemic. I, like many, used to think this was an overblown liberal fantasy, until I looked at this: http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2007/fit.nation/obesity.map/

And yes, this is from CNN, a notoriously liberal company, but the data is real, and is backed by other sources. America is getting dangerously fat, and like most of its fat people, everyone's too embarrassed to admit it.

How did you think it was a "liberal fantasy"... have you no eyes to see my friend?

Where Libs play a small part is they support the "non judgmental" mantra along with the "build up peoples self image" at all costs and despite the realities before us.

YEsterday My wife and I couldn't help but notice a girl of about 8 yrs who was so fat (with mating mother). My heart when out to her because of the life before her.

Ironically, if it were found out her mom smoked in the car with the child with the child present, she would be roundly condemned.... but stuffing the child with food garners nothing but silence.... in fact I bet even the child's doctor, tepidly raises the subject.

I support Mrs Obama trying to take on this issue even if I disagree with her "governmental over reach" at doing so.... her voice could add momentum to the national viewpoint on this topic.

There is a reason most normal parents do not indulge their children with a beer even occasionally .... it is not for health reasons, it because of the social taboo, we need to start the process of creating this same social outlook on weight.

I'm not a big-gov person but I might be in favor of banning McDonalds type commercials in certain time-zones and certain places where kids are so cleverly manipulated. Don't we do that with Alcohol?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Obviously obesity is a problem here. Anyone from another country sees it right away. I am not sure you can legislate against such things. And it is ironic that obesity is most prevelent in poor people!

I think education and more so, a change in cultural acceptance is needed. But folks will "defend" Michelle Obama for being fat.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla