Angel Eyes Yuseef

married to a egyptian, how do I get through customs

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Probably not the exact answer you're looking for but after I was married and went back to Egypt I went through customs as usual. Just like I did the first time I visited. I imagine it's the same when you're married, they didn't seem to have a seperate line for married people. I didn't bring my copy of my marriage certificate with me so I paid the $15 like everyone else. No biggie. Just stand in the line and present your marriage cert. I suppose. I'm sure they've dealt with that before and know what to do. They can tell you if you're in the wrong place. Most people who work at the airports (I've been to two different ones there) speak decent English.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

When I was going thru customs I just presented my marriage license with my passport. No problems! Never

had to pay the $15 once we were married.

I feel like such a dummy now...we have been married over 2 years and I never realized this...I've always just gone ahead and purchased the $15 entry visa....not that it's a lot of money, but still this is great news! I was planning on attempting to go straight through the line this time on the basis that my 1 yr residence stamp doesn't expire until June 12, 2011, but wasn't sure it would work since it's been 7 months that I've been outside of Egypt...if anyone knows whether or not that invalidates my residency visa, please reply...either way, looks like I've got two ways to try and enter now....thanks for the post :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Once you get to the airport, just get in line to show your passport and your marriage contract. I didn't even go up and purchased the $15 visa. No problem, stamped and on my way!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

2nd time I went, I was married and brought my marriage cert to the counter and got my visa. I remember the guys behind the counter that saw my marriage cert smiled and said something like "oh you're married to an egyptian" I said yes and they stamped my passport. Simple and easy Then I went through the line of customs and the guy that looked in my passport smiled and said "oh your name is Tamara" Yes again and I was done. Simple and easy

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.