adillabbas

regarding marriage certificate

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i wanted to know ..that on our marriage certificate which is known as nikkah nama in pakistan the age of my wife is not correct on that will it matter???and what shoud we do please tell us what to do :( help us

please

thanks

eDztp5.png

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

i wanted to know ..that on our marriage certificate which is known as nikkah nama in pakistan the age of my wife is not correct on that will it matter???and what shoud we do please tell us what to do :( help us

please

thanks

Disregard Faizan and Ruby's post because the nikah nama we have in Pakistan is actually the registered document so all you'd be needing along with that nikah mama is a certified translation of it in English. Wife's age not correct will be a problem and you would need to get that fixed to not cause any problems further down the line. Make sure all information is correct and matches the ID cards and Passports or you'll get in a lot of trouble. As for name change (which women often do and I do not recommend it), if she is a Pakistani citizen, ask her to go get a new Nadra ID (not chaning her name) but just changing the section where it says father name, that should be replaced by Husband's name and then once she gets her Nadra ID, ask her to apply for a new passport. Two advantages: 1. She'd have a valid passport for the next 5 years so you don't have to go renew it later here in the US and 2. it would have your name on that passport too as her husband. I got it done and things went smoothly. But first, fix the age and then get an English translation of the nikah nama from the Qazi's office which would come stamped and sealed.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Timeline

Disregard Faizan and Ruby's post because the nikah nama we have in Pakistan is actually the registered document so all you'd be needing along with that nikah mama is a certified translation of it in English. Wife's age not correct will be a problem and you would need to get that fixed to not cause any problems further down the line. Make sure all information is correct and matches the ID cards and Passports or you'll get in a lot of trouble. As for name change (which women often do and I do not recommend it), if she is a Pakistani citizen, ask her to go get a new Nadra ID (not chaning her name) but just changing the section where it says father name, that should be replaced by Husband's name and then once she gets her Nadra ID, ask her to apply for a new passport. Two advantages: 1. She'd have a valid passport for the next 5 years so you don't have to go renew it later here in the US and 2. it would have your name on that passport too as her husband. I got it done and things went smoothly. But first, fix the age and then get an English translation of the nikah nama from the Qazi's office which would come stamped and sealed.

Yeah, we are working on the new one now...everything else is correct on the documents bdays, fathers name etc...actually when we married it ws just a few days since my birthday so we didnt' notice that and the person putting the info together didnt either...lol I was in a tiny room by myself so I couldnt tell them all the info myself ;) we married in the masjid...;)

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Yeah, we are working on the new one now...everything else is correct on the documents bdays, fathers name etc...actually when we married it ws just a few days since my birthday so we didnt' notice that and the person putting the info together didnt either...lol I was in a tiny room by myself so I couldnt tell them all the info myself ;) we married in the masjid...;)

I can imagine :) the whole process of Nikah is so stressful and the families including the bride and groom are freaked out. perhaps the problem can just be fixed by writing down the right age on all 3 originals and then get a translation of that. keep us posted on your progress. also for I-130 when you file it, make sure to send in some wedding photos too and affidavits from family/friends to further establish proof of a bona fide marriage. the more stuff you send the better.

All the best.

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Timeline

I can imagine :) the whole process of Nikah is so stressful and the families including the bride and groom are freaked out. perhaps the problem can just be fixed by writing down the right age on all 3 originals and then get a translation of that. keep us posted on your progress. also for I-130 when you file it, make sure to send in some wedding photos too and affidavits from family/friends to further establish proof of a bona fide marriage. the more stuff you send the better.

All the best.

Yeah but not stressful as it was exciting lol ;) I just wanted to peek out and see what was going on but my husband kept sending in his cousin to be sure that I was ok and not afraid lol...yeah hes going to go take care of the translation in a couple of days...All it was was a matter of the person doing the paperwork didnt add correctly but like I said our names are spelled correct, my bday his bday our parents names are all correct... but i think the worse part is just the waiting... :( with all the talk of delays it scares me...but hopefully we will all see some progress..very soon..n thanks for your reply :)

and btw..we have some wonderful pics of all his fam with the mehndi and the nikah...and the valima not to mention some wonderful days with mom and dad and his sister and her family on outings in karachi...beautiful place!!!

Edited by EAbbas

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Yeah but not stressful as it was exciting lol ;) I just wanted to peek out and see what was going on but my husband kept sending in his cousin to be sure that I was ok and not afraid lol...yeah hes going to go take care of the translation in a couple of days...All it was was a matter of the person doing the paperwork didnt add correctly but like I said our names are spelled correct, my bday his bday our parents names are all correct... but i think the worse part is just the waiting... :( with all the talk of delays it scares me...but hopefully we will all see some progress..very soon..n thanks for your reply :)

and btw..we have some wonderful pics of all his fam with the mehndi and the nikah...and the valima not to mention some wonderful days with mom and dad and his sister and her family on outings in karachi...beautiful place!!!

Yeah talk about excitement, I was nervous but who doesn't love the wedding, clothes and food :) If you are the petitioner, the more evidence goes from your part the better :)

BTW I'm from karachi too and its nice to meet you here :) I hope this would be a smooth journey for you both. Visa Journey will help you stay sane :)

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Timeline

Yeah talk about excitement, I was nervous but who doesn't love the wedding, clothes and food :) If you are the petitioner, the more evidence goes from your part the better :)

BTW I'm from karachi too and its nice to meet you here :) I hope this would be a smooth journey for you both. Visa Journey will help you stay sane :)

ohh yeahh...they made me feel like a princess the whole time...and i cant tell you how i loved the evenings when adil and i would stand on the balcony and watch the eagles...and the ppl in the street winding down for the night...i really miss those days...so much love and such a wonderful family...im truly blessed to have all of them.. lol i can even name all the uncles now and most of the wives and children ;) he has 7 uncles :P...

its soo nice to meet you too!!! i just pray evday that we can be together before our first anniversary...we want to do another wedding here to include ppl here that mean so much to me....INSHALLAH that will happen...if CSC starts approving visas for all of us soon.. ;)

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.