Carol & Tim

Help: waiting for the NOA2

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone! Please I have some doubts and would like some help, please!

I'm brazilian and my husband (US Citizen - works for US Army) filled the I-130 to me in october, 2010. California Service Center got it in october 27th. Now we are waiting for the NOA2 and the interview. My plans were move out to the USA in july next but I've checked the timelime here and maybe I'm not gonna be able to go to the USA in july because of the interview's date. Can I move out and wait for the visa over there? And if yes, can I get a work permit while we are waiting for? And plus he is getting out of Army in March and joining the national guard (reserve), which means no money (actually they will pay him 300 boucks to show up there one weekend per month) and real job for a while! Do you think this can make our process hardest?

I would appreciate if someone helps me! This time is killing me, I can't wait to be with my husband!

Thanks!!!

visit my blog! :)http://brazilianspouse.blogspot.com/

Married: 07/27/2010

I 130 Sent: 10/22/2010

NOA1: 10/27/2010

NOA2: 03/11/2011

NVC Received: 03/28/2011

Emailed DS-3032: 03/30/2011

Paid online AOS fee: 03/31/2011

Paid online IV fee: 04/01/2011

Mailed I-864 package: 04/15/2011

Mailed IV package: 04/15/2011

SIF: 05/11/2011

Case Completed: 05/12/2011

Interview date assigned: 05/16/2011

Medical: 05/27/2011

Interview: 06/29/2011

POE at Lax: 08/10/2011

Military Personel get priority base on some of my friends in the US . However I file also on Oct 2010 and we are in the watting game on CSC also .Also there a Big difference on the Poverty Guidelines for Military and Civilian Personal . If money is and Issue he should try to stay IN untill you are in the US.

He should speak w. His CO .

Good Luck/ Regards

Felix/Rossy/Jhordy

Military Personel get priority base on some of my friends in the US . However I file also on Oct 2010 and we are in the watting game on CSC also .Also there a Big difference on the Poverty Guidelines for Military and Civilian Personal . If money is and Issue he should try to stay IN untill you are in the US.

He should speak w. His CO .

Good Luck/ Regards

Felix/Rossy/Jhordy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks a lot to write me back! It's too late now, he leaves in march. 15th and starts to join the national guard right after that. I'm not sure if we are gonna have any priority as we are waiting for as much as everybody here! But thats ok as long as they approve it!

visit my blog! :)http://brazilianspouse.blogspot.com/

Married: 07/27/2010

I 130 Sent: 10/22/2010

NOA1: 10/27/2010

NOA2: 03/11/2011

NVC Received: 03/28/2011

Emailed DS-3032: 03/30/2011

Paid online AOS fee: 03/31/2011

Paid online IV fee: 04/01/2011

Mailed I-864 package: 04/15/2011

Mailed IV package: 04/15/2011

SIF: 05/11/2011

Case Completed: 05/12/2011

Interview date assigned: 05/16/2011

Medical: 05/27/2011

Interview: 06/29/2011

POE at Lax: 08/10/2011

agreed with statement above. Military personnel has also the access of obtaining legal assistance, someone I know who petition her wife in the Philippines, got his work cut out due to the military status.. However, it was necessary to provide affidavit of support with additional sponsors due to the income base required.. and Yes, it is necessary for you to stay in your country until interview is processed.. The moment you are granted your visa, you will arrive and entered the USA with a new status, you will received your GC short after.. Hope things have not changed in the past few month..

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.