jswalker86

ds-230 question for dcf

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. me and my wife will be sending out form ds-230 tomorrow (we're doing dcf), but I have a question with one of the questions

question #30 states "List below all places you have lived for at least 6 months since reaching the age of 16..."

the problem is, since my wife was 16 she has lived in 3 places for less than 3 months. But on the G325a we sent, it didn't say anything about the six months so we put it. So, should we not put the places she lived at less than 3 months and have it look different than the G325a, or should we still include the ones that were fewer than 6 months.

thank you to anyone who helps out with this question.............. we're so close :dance:

5-20-2009: met through a mutual friend she went to college with and i worked with

7-05-2009: officially became a 'couple'

11-28-2009: moved to manila, i also proposed

12-28-2009: married :)

12-09-2010: Submitted our I-130 at the embassy (DCF)

12-14-2010: mailed in additional evidence (employment cert., rental contract)

01-28-2011: we finally received NOA

02-09-2011: WE RECEIVED PACKET 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-14-2011: Sent packet 3 to the embassy

02-23-2011: Received letter for interview appointment

03-01&02-2011: Medical exam. passed!!!!

04-01-2011: INTERVIEW!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-04-2011: POE: Salt Lake City, Utah!

07-29-2012: 3 months pregnant!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. me and my wife will be sending out form ds-230 tomorrow (we're doing dcf), but I have a question with one of the questions

question #30 states "List below all places you have lived for at least 6 months since reaching the age of 16..."

the problem is, since my wife was 16 she has lived in 3 places for less than 3 months. But on the G325a we sent, it didn't say anything about the six months so we put it. So, should we not put the places she lived at less than 3 months and have it look different than the G325a, or should we still include the ones that were fewer than 6 months.

thank you to anyone who helps out with this question.............. we're so close :dance:

I would think the information should all be the same, so I would add all the places lived. It's better to have to much information than not enough.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I would think the information should all be the same, so I would add all the places lived. It's better to have to much information than not enough.

Normally I would agree, but I am guessing the 6 month period is because police clearance certificates are required for any place "lived in a different part of your country of nationality for more than 6 months" (this assumes there are local police authorities). Certificates are also required if you lived 12 months out of the country.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#police

So, I think the difference in forms is that on the DS-230 they are trying to match up places lived to the police certificates you submit.

thank you, i think i'll just put all the places. my wife has never lived in another country so we don't need the police certificates. thank you thank you :thumbs:

5-20-2009: met through a mutual friend she went to college with and i worked with

7-05-2009: officially became a 'couple'

11-28-2009: moved to manila, i also proposed

12-28-2009: married :)

12-09-2010: Submitted our I-130 at the embassy (DCF)

12-14-2010: mailed in additional evidence (employment cert., rental contract)

01-28-2011: we finally received NOA

02-09-2011: WE RECEIVED PACKET 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-14-2011: Sent packet 3 to the embassy

02-23-2011: Received letter for interview appointment

03-01&02-2011: Medical exam. passed!!!!

04-01-2011: INTERVIEW!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-04-2011: POE: Salt Lake City, Utah!

07-29-2012: 3 months pregnant!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.