Mike&Cherry

Western Union Receipts

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

How's it going? I send my Fiance about $150 to $250 a month through Western Union for her living expenses and anything else she needs while we are going through the K-1 Visa process. I was wondering if it is ok to send these receipts in with the I-129f as additional evidence? Does the Consulate frown upon this or like this type of evidence? Has anyone else here submitted money transfers to their loved one in the Philippines? Has anyone had any problems by submitting these type of receipts?

Your responses are much appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

i send some of mine.....haven't had any feed back yet...it was mostly to show the relationship is on going, thats all, just another part of a continuous relationship.. :bonk::dance:

12/22/2010...married my soulmate,in tagaytay city.

USCIS...
01/28/2011...mailed I-130 to chicago Lockbox.....The journey begins
01/31/2011...receive I-130
02/05/2011...get a e-mail notice of NOA-1...states case transferred to CSC
02/08/2011...check clears my bank
02/10/2011... rec. hardcopy NOA-1 in mail...priority date..01/31/2011.....sit back relax and ride this slow mule!!
02/14/2011... touched ( it must have fallen on the floor )..hehe
05/12/2011...NOA-2 OMG...98days u kidding me!!!!!!!

NVC......

05/26/2011... finally got NVC case number...
05/28/2011... receive DS-3032 in e-mail/e-mailed the DS-3032 back
05/28/2011... receive AOS fee bill/ and paid online.
06/01/2011... AOS fee bill shows paid.
06/02/2011... DS-3032 accepted
06/03/2011... IV-bill generated and sented by e-mail
06/04/2011... Paid IV fee bill/ in progress
06/07/2011... IV fee bill showed paid/ downloaded cover sheet
06/08/2011... Express mail both the I-864(AOS) and DS-230
06/09/2011... Confirmed del at 11:10am signed by N visa center.
06/21/2011... SIF...yea!!! called NVC..yes case complete but no interview dates until aug..rats!!
06/28/2011... issured interview date set for 08/08/2011 At 6:30am.
07/12&13/2011... medical
YEA SHE PASSED MEDICAL

08/08/2011... interview approved!!!
08/19/2011...usa/arkansas.....

ROC

05/23/2013... mailed I-751 to Vermont

05/25/2013...delivery confirm received

05/30/2013...check cleared bank

06/01/2013...rec. NOA1 (receipt date 05/28/2013)

06/24/2013... biometrics appointment

Timeline

I've heard that it can be good or bad depending on what country and Consulate. So I just want to make sure before I send everything in. My Fiance Cherry will be going to the U.S. Embassy in Manila.

Timeline

I'm hoping to get a response from those here on VJ who have actually submitted these types of receipts who have either had a positive or negative outcome. I would like to know what to do for sure based on factual evidence.

To those who have responded already, thank you for your imput. I appreciate it. Thanks.

I would have her take it to the interview, but wouldnt submit them as evidence. Submit them only if asked. I supported my wife, but we never submitted bank statements showing that I was supporting her...she did however take the statements to the interview and was never asked about them. For a K-1 I dont think it is a good idea to show western union stuff. What I did was sent flowers throughout the waiting process and they came with a card...the embassy did take some of those and cards too.

For an intial submission of the I-129F...I would just send what is required, nothing more. If you send too much you will look desparate to prove the relationship. All you have to prove is that you have met within the past 2 years. Save the western union receipts for the interview.

Also, there are many other ways to send money that is much cheaper than western union...xoom is one and what I did was just got an ATM card for my wife and transferred money to her account for expenses...instead of spending $20 everytime you send money, you can spend half that or even less.

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

yes she can bring it to her interview no problem... :star::thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

they are mosy likely right, i was supply my evedience for a IR-1/CR-1......yours being a K-1 it may be different...from what i read i figured it best for us who are married to show our relationship is on going throu this process....so I did supply some things like that to show dates mostly wasnt really to show a money trail, just we have a on going honest marriage....hope yours works out :thumbs:

BTW....western union here is only 12.00 unlimited 6 hr delivery....never had one problem!!

Edited by joyjohn

12/22/2010...married my soulmate,in tagaytay city.

USCIS...
01/28/2011...mailed I-130 to chicago Lockbox.....The journey begins
01/31/2011...receive I-130
02/05/2011...get a e-mail notice of NOA-1...states case transferred to CSC
02/08/2011...check clears my bank
02/10/2011... rec. hardcopy NOA-1 in mail...priority date..01/31/2011.....sit back relax and ride this slow mule!!
02/14/2011... touched ( it must have fallen on the floor )..hehe
05/12/2011...NOA-2 OMG...98days u kidding me!!!!!!!

NVC......

05/26/2011... finally got NVC case number...
05/28/2011... receive DS-3032 in e-mail/e-mailed the DS-3032 back
05/28/2011... receive AOS fee bill/ and paid online.
06/01/2011... AOS fee bill shows paid.
06/02/2011... DS-3032 accepted
06/03/2011... IV-bill generated and sented by e-mail
06/04/2011... Paid IV fee bill/ in progress
06/07/2011... IV fee bill showed paid/ downloaded cover sheet
06/08/2011... Express mail both the I-864(AOS) and DS-230
06/09/2011... Confirmed del at 11:10am signed by N visa center.
06/21/2011... SIF...yea!!! called NVC..yes case complete but no interview dates until aug..rats!!
06/28/2011... issured interview date set for 08/08/2011 At 6:30am.
07/12&13/2011... medical
YEA SHE PASSED MEDICAL

08/08/2011... interview approved!!!
08/19/2011...usa/arkansas.....

ROC

05/23/2013... mailed I-751 to Vermont

05/25/2013...delivery confirm received

05/30/2013...check cleared bank

06/01/2013...rec. NOA1 (receipt date 05/28/2013)

06/24/2013... biometrics appointment

yes she can bring it to her interview no problem... :star::thumbs:

You don’t need to send WU as part of the I-129F filing send in strong evidence such as photos of the two of you together passport stamps airline tickets and so on, sending money for a K1 ‘can’ be viewed as ‘buying love’ For a married couple it is different, it can show part of an on going relationship and commingling of finances and or support for a child. Keep the WU in your back pocket. At the time of your interview, if you need it you can produce it.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

I would have her take it to the interview, but wouldnt submit them as evidence. Submit them only if asked. I supported my wife, but we never submitted bank statements showing that I was supporting her...she did however take the statements to the interview and was never asked about them. For a K-1 I dont think it is a good idea to show western union stuff. What I did was sent flowers throughout the waiting process and they came with a card...the embassy did take some of those and cards too.

For an intial submission of the I-129F...I would just send what is required, nothing more. If you send too much you will look desparate to prove the relationship. All you have to prove is that you have met within the past 2 years. Save the western union receipts for the interview.

Also, there are many other ways to send money that is much cheaper than western union...xoom is one and what I did was just got an ATM card for my wife and transferred money to her account for expenses...instead of spending $20 everytime you send money, you can spend half that or even less.

I supported my wife and daughter. I sent her all the WU statements as back up at the time of interview but she was never asked for them as well.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Hello Everyone,

How's it going? I send my Fiance about $150 to $250 a month through Western Union for her living expenses and anything else she needs while we are going through the K-1 Visa process. I was wondering if it is ok to send these receipts in with the I-129f as additional evidence?

Yes, you can send it, it's addetional evidence ....

Timeline

Thank you so much everyone for your input and indepth responses. I appreciate your help. It looks like I'm not going to send in the Western Union receipts with the I-129f. But I will send them to my Fiance to bring to the interview just in case they are needed. I'm glad that I checked with you guys before I sent in the packet. I of course don't want to seem desperate to the Consulate in wanting to get the Visa for my Fiance Cherry. But Really, aren't we all desperate in getting the Visa's for our loved ones so we can be with them as soon as possible with no problems. I mean that our lives and futures are all in the hands of a couple people of the USCIS and the Consulate Officers. I want to make sure that everything is perfect before I send in the packet so that there are no issues. Anyways if all else fails I will be moving to the Philippines. So in all actuality, US government cannot stop us from being together, but they can control whether that will be in the US or not.

Once again. Thank you everyone for your advice.

Mike

Thank you so much everyone for your input and indepth responses. I appreciate your help. It looks like I'm not going to send in the Western Union receipts with the I-129f. But I will send them to my Fiance to bring to the interview just in case they are needed. I'm glad that I checked with you guys before I sent in the packet. I of course don't want to seem desperate to the Consulate in wanting to get the Visa for my Fiance Cherry. But Really, aren't we all desperate in getting the Visa's for our loved ones so we can be with them as soon as possible with no problems. I mean that our lives and futures are all in the hands of a couple people of the USCIS and the Consulate Officers. I want to make sure that everything is perfect before I send in the packet so that there are no issues. Anyways if all else fails I will be moving to the Philippines. So in all actuality, US government cannot stop us from being together, but they can control whether that will be in the US or not.

Once again. Thank you everyone for your advice.

Mike

Showing evidence of WU for a K1 application is NOT a good idea. She can bring the receipts with her but do not offer unless it is asked. It may cause red flag. I came here on a K1 also but consul never asked for any receipts but i had it with me in case.

Timeline

Showing evidence of WU for a K1 application is NOT a good idea. She can bring the receipts with her but do not offer unless it is asked. It may cause red flag. I came here on a K1 also but consul never asked for any receipts but i had it with me in case.

Yes I absolutely agree. I'm happy to get everyone else's perspective on this issue before I actually sent in the paperwork. Thanks.

Filed: Timeline

my fiance included money transfer receipts in the i-129f. we never got an RFE. the consular officer didnt ask to see the evidences i brought with me to the interview. and visa was approved! got my visa in 8 days. money transfer receipt is a very good proof for manila consulate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.