bucknutt76

How soon did you recieve your visa?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone. So my fiance has her medical on the 14th and she is sending all of her documents for packet 3 today. I am hoping to get her interview soreted very quickly do to the fact I am in the military and currently forward deployed and was made to take leave on March 21st and leave London on march 27th. I also had to buy plane tickets already as well. The Navy likes things sorted out well in advace. Anyways my question is how soon after the interivew did you recieve your visa in the mail. I see it says 5-7 days or so but what is really going on? Thank you as always.

Two business days is quite common, however not certain enough to depend on. And a lot of the K1 visas recently seem to be taking 5-10 days. If you inform the Embassy of your travel needs then they should be able to make sure she has her interview in time.

Edited by JoannaV

Two business days is quite common, however not certain enough to depend on. And a lot of the K1 visas recently seem to be taking 5-10 days. If you inform the Embassy of your travel needs then they should be able to make sure she has her interview in time.

Thank you, I have been emailing them after I paid the 16 dollars for the phone call which is a joke. They dont seem like all the much help though when I email them. Should I call them back do you think?

Thank you, I have been emailing them after I paid the 16 dollars for the phone call which is a joke. They dont seem like all the much help though when I email them. Should I call them back do you think?

Did your fiancee write a request for a quick interview date on the forms she is sending off today?

Ultimately, you won't know if they're going to honour your request until the day you receive the interview notice. If they've received your request that's pretty much all you can do.

Did your fiancee write a request for a quick interview date on the forms she is sending off today?

Ultimately, you won't know if they're going to honour your request until the day you receive the interview notice. If they've received your request that's pretty much all you can do.

Unfortunatly no she didnt which really is to bad, is there anything i can do other than email or call to make that sort of request.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Unfortunatly no she didnt which really is to bad, is there anything i can do other than email or call to make that sort of request.

Hi guys, I am in the military as well and I just got notified of my I129F being approved on Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011. I am scheduled to deploy the first week of July and based on the timelines I've seen, my fiancee won't be getting her visa until early June. This gives us less than a month to get married and spend time together. What form are you guys refering to about requesting for a quick interview? I would like to know about this in advance so that we can take advantage of it.

Thanks in advance,

Hi guys, I am in the military as well and I just got notified of my I129F being approved on Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011. I am scheduled to deploy the first week of July and based on the timelines I've seen, my fiancee won't be getting her visa until early June. This gives us less than a month to get married and spend time together. What form are you guys refering to about requesting for a quick interview? I would like to know about this in advance so that we can take advantage of it.

Thanks in advance,

Just in the packet 3 that you will have to send off. I'm not talking about a specific form or anything. There is either a question about if you have travel plans, or you can just write a letter. I'm afraid I don't have time right now to look and see if/what questions there are right now. Just try to say something about your need for a quick interview somewhere in that package you send off.

Timeline

Just in the packet 3 that you will have to send off. I'm not talking about a specific form or anything. There is either a question about if you have travel plans, or you can just write a letter. I'm afraid I don't have time right now to look and see if/what questions there are right now. Just try to say something about your need for a quick interview somewhere in that package you send off.

I have a letter on a official letter head from my commanding officer stating that I will be deploying soon. I used it to get an expedite request approved with the USCIS. Can I inlcude this same letter with my packet 3?

I have a letter on a official letter head from my commanding officer stating that I will be deploying soon. I used it to get an expedite request approved with the USCIS. Can I inlcude this same letter with my packet 3?

You're posting in the United Kingdom forum so our experience probably won't help with Brazil as each consulate has their own quirky way of handling paperwork and issuing interviews.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone. So my fiance has her medical on the 14th and she is sending all of her documents for packet 3 today. I am hoping to get her interview soreted very quickly do to the fact I am in the military and currently forward deployed and was made to take leave on March 21st and leave London on march 27th. I also had to buy plane tickets already as well. The Navy likes things sorted out well in advace. Anyways my question is how soon after the interivew did you recieve your visa in the mail. I see it says 5-7 days or so but what is really going on? Thank you as always.

Hi,

The London doctors are very efficient, in my experience. They should send your fiance's papers to the embassy quite quickly after the medical, provided everything is in order for her. The embassy won't issue an interview date until they have the medical results. They normally give 4 weeks notice of an interview date and don't normally deviate from the usual process. However, when I sent my packet 3 stuff off, I sent a covering letter asking for their earliest available date since I was all ready to go. They wrote to me on 22 January offering me an interview date of 2 February, so my request paid off! I just received my passport with visa on 9 Feb - so they were as good as their word in my case - they sent me a text the day before to tell me it was on its way. I guess it depends how busy they are, but my experience of the London embassy was excellent. Very friendly and polite people. Give me a shout if you want any more embassy info!

By the way, my son is in the UK military - so I have a soft spot for you guys! Hope all goes well for you!

Leigh

Hi,

The London doctors are very efficient, in my experience. They should send your fiance's papers to the embassy quite quickly after the medical, provided everything is in order for her. The embassy won't issue an interview date until they have the medical results. They normally give 4 weeks notice of an interview date and don't normally deviate from the usual process. However, when I sent my packet 3 stuff off, I sent a covering letter asking for their earliest available date since I was all ready to go. They wrote to me on 22 January offering me an interview date of 2 February, so my request paid off! I just received my passport with visa on 9 Feb - so they were as good as their word in my case - they sent me a text the day before to tell me it was on its way. I guess it depends how busy they are, but my experience of the London embassy was excellent. Very friendly and polite people. Give me a shout if you want any more embassy info!

By the way, my son is in the UK military - so I have a soft spot for you guys! Hope all goes well for you!

Leigh

His flag is listed in Brasil, NOT the UK. They are probably different in each country..

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline

You're posting in the United Kingdom forum so our experience probably won't help with Brazil as each consulate has their own quirky way of handling paperwork and issuing interviews.

My flag is Brazil cause that is where my fiancee is from, but she lives in London, UK and that's the address that the NVC will used to forward her paparwork to - London, UK.

Timeline

His flag is listed in Brasil, NOT the UK. They are probably different in each country..

I'm pretty new to this website, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong. My fiance is Brazilian, but lives in London. Do I put Brazil or UK as the beneficiary country?

I'm pretty new to this website, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong. My fiance is Brazilian, but lives in London. Do I put Brazil or UK as the beneficiary country?

Well that explains why you're seeking UK info. You can put whatever you like. It was confusing because we thought the interview would be in Brazil so didn't want you to get incorrect information. Maybe next time you post, start it with "My fiance is interviewing in London.... then people will know you're in the right place. A London tip I can give you is that pretty much everybody not born in the UK we've run across over the last 2 years has been put in Addditional Processing (AP) after the interview for additional security checks. So the visa isn't issued immediately but they can't tell you how long. Seems like the ones I know were 4-8 weeks after the interview. I think MARM knew of one that got out of AP after just a week. Magpie was even a British citizen and held a British passport having moved there as an infant. It's been awhile, since anybody has reported that, but I just wanted to pass that on so it wouldn't come as a terrible shock if it happens and so you don't buy plane tickets for a week after the interview thinking you'll have visa in hand by then. I would wait on travel plans because of what has happened in the past.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Well that explains why you're seeking UK info. You can put whatever you like. It was confusing because we thought the interview would be in Brazil so didn't want you to get incorrect information. Maybe next time you post, start it with "My fiance is interviewing in London.... then people will know you're in the right place. A London tip I can give you is that pretty much everybody not born in the UK we've run across over the last 2 years has been put in Addditional Processing (AP) after the interview for additional security checks. So the visa isn't issued immediately but they can't tell you how long. Seems like the ones I know were 4-8 weeks after the interview. I think MARM knew of one that got out of AP after just a week. Magpie was even a British citizen and held a British passport having moved there as an infant. It's been awhile, since anybody has reported that, but I just wanted to pass that on so it wouldn't come as a terrible shock if it happens and so you don't buy plane tickets for a week after the interview thinking you'll have visa in hand by then. I would wait on travel plans because of what has happened in the past.

Sorry for the confusion. I really hope we don't have to wait too long cause I am in the military and I'm deploying the first week in July. Based on the timelines I've seen on her, we're estimating that she won't get her visa until June. This is scary cause of course we want more time to spend together before I leave, and two because she's tired of being in London - no offense to any Brits. She said she would prefer to be waiting in Brazil but we don't know if we tried changing consulates now if that would be a wise decision.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.