snooki703

After RFE, EAD and AP processing resumed = good sign?

4 posts in this topic

Hey y'all,

We filed for AOS (from a student visa) about 3 mos. ago and got an RFE for our I-485 last month relating to a W2 we forgot to send from our sponsor. We sent in the RFE but I don't know if the USCIS found our response satisfactory or whether case processing has resumed since as of now, my case status online for the I-485 is under the category "Request for Evidence Response Review" - it actually says the following:

On January X, 2011, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

However, just yesterday, I got an email notice saying that my I-765/EAD was approved. I also received the AP Travel document after submitting our RFE response to USCIS.

Since I've received/am about to receive my EAD and AP, is this a good sign that my RFE response was sufficient? I know you usually only have ONE CHANCE to respond to an RFE and that they reject your application altogether if you don't fix it the first time.

I would feel so much better if my online case status for the I-485 said "Case processing resumed" or "RFE response approved" - something alone those lines or any indication as to whether we got it right this time. I'm hoping though that the EAD/AP being approved is a sign that we did get it right.

Any thoughts/input?

Thanks y'all!

Edited by janette21

Nov. 5: Sent AOS Package

Nov 17: AOS received by USCIS

April 1: INTERVIEW DAY. Approved!!!!!!

Early June: Moved to New York City. The only relevant city in the world ;)

Congrats on the approved EAD and AP!! :) - I personally didn't receive any RFEs during my adjustment process so I don't really know the status it can have. But I think the I-485 is processed separately (maybe even a different IO) then the EAD/AP.

You definitely will receive a letter for the interview in the near future, it's not a break-it or make-it case if you forgot some info of the sponsor or any joint documents etc. - the invitation will list all documents to be brought to the interview unless already submitted so they say, bring all the original evidence etc. and so even if you realize you forgot something you still can bring it along to the interview for consideration/completion.

It is nerve wrecking not knowing the current status and not having the online status being reliable, but just hang in there a little longer and you will have the interview to finalize your AOS.

Good luck with everything

Maxximus

10/13/2010 - Mailed in The Package (AOS, I-765, I-130)

10/17/2010 - USPS confirms delivery to USCIS

10/25/2010 - Check cashed

10/26/2010 - All applications been worked on aka touched

10/28/2010 - NOA1 Receipts for applications received

11/24/2010 - Received appointment for biometrics in the mail for 12/17 *yay*

12/17/2010 - 9.25 a.m. - 9.45 a.m. Biometrics done !!

12/23/2010 - EAD Approved and Card on its way - Email notification received *yay*

01/03/2011 - WOOOHOOO ...EAD Card in Hand!

01/04/2011 - Oh boy....Received Interview Letter today - February 3rd is the day! :)

02/03/2011 - Interview scheduled 12:45 p.m. - out of there before 1:30 p.m. - further review

Coming home, checking for touches at 5:30 p.m. - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED !!!!

Thank you All on Visajourney for your inputs, experiences and thoughts!!!

02/09/2011 - Yup another e-mail saying that my card production was ordered.

02/10/2011 - E-mail notification "Approval letter was sent today"

02/14/2011 - Welcome Letter / Approval NOA and Card (separate envelope) received!!! :D

Late November 2012 (have to look up my receipts ;) - mailed in ROC I-751

12/12/2012 - NOA 1, status extension received

12/18/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter received

01/08/2013 - Biometrics done

Congrats on the approved EAD and AP!! :) - I personally didn't receive any RFEs during my adjustment process so I don't really know the status it can have. But I think the I-485 is processed separately (maybe even a different IO) then the EAD/AP.

You definitely will receive a letter for the interview in the near future, it's not a break-it or make-it case if you forgot some info of the sponsor or any joint documents etc. - the invitation will list all documents to be brought to the interview unless already submitted so they say, bring all the original evidence etc. and so even if you realize you forgot something you still can bring it along to the interview for consideration/completion.

It is nerve wrecking not knowing the current status and not having the online status being reliable, but just hang in there a little longer and you will have the interview to finalize your AOS.

Good luck with everything

Maxximus

Very interesting. Thanks and congrats on your GC approval!

Nov. 5: Sent AOS Package

Nov 17: AOS received by USCIS

April 1: INTERVIEW DAY. Approved!!!!!!

Early June: Moved to New York City. The only relevant city in the world ;)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had an RFE on I-485 which we complied with as soon as we can, and until the day we received our Interview letter and before our interview yesterday the status was "Request for Evidence Response Review".. LOL...The only time it changed was yesterday when it said Card Production ordered which was after our Interview. I stopped relying on the case status online when my Biometrics took 5 months, I checked rarely knowing that it'll just kind of stress me after reading it.

I agree with Maxximus!

Good Luck!!

Edited by pixie77

AOS from B1B2

06/14/10 – Mailed I-130, 485,765,824

06/16/10 – Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

06/22/10 – Received texts & email routed to NBC

06/24/10 – Checks cashed for I-130, 485, 765, 824

06/26/10 – NOA1 for I-130, 485,765, 824

07/17/10 – Received hard copy of RFE 485

08/16/10 – Sent RFE response

08/19/10 – RFE delivered to NBC

08/20/10 – Case resumed online

09/24/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

10/04/10 – Received Service request letter

10/27/10 – Infopass Appt. for Biometrics

11/05/10 – Called USCIS for Biometrics

11/22/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

11/23/10 – Wrote & Mail Letter to Congresswoman

12/06/10 – Received Biometrics Letter after 5 months…FINALLY!!!

12/14/10 – Biometrics Done!!

12/15/10 - Card Production Ordered - Online Status-YEHEYY!!!:))

12/28/10 - Received EAD Card!!! Yahoo!! :))

12/30/10 - Applied for SSN

01/03/11 - Received SSN

01/06/11 - Received Interview Letter!! Yahoo!! Feb. 8 it is!!

01/08/11 - Interview Approved!Green Card Stamped on Passport!!

01/14/11 - Approval Notice I-130 & Welcome Letter!

01/18/11 - Received Green Card in the mail..

uzKIm4.png

Daughter's CR-2 Timeline http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=aboutme

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.