18 posts in this topic

Your right Darnell sounds promising now hey it was lucky I could get medical copy and I found my results here that I had. SO now I wait and trust me you will know when I am approved lol for GC LMAO :thumbs::PB-):D

you're so lucky! the clinic i went to in singapore refused to send me copies of the DS forms that they filled out when i was applying for my K1 visa. they insisted it was property of USCIS, and that only the US Consulate in Singapore could request those documents.. so I ended up having to do my medical all over again. sighs. still waiting for lab results on the syphilis test, and i'm going to get my tuberculin skin test read tomorrow.. hopefully there aren't any other problems, and the CS can get my report done this week.. we didn't pay much coz the CS was nice enough to put everything on our insurance.. but if i actually had to pay for all those tests again, i would've been much more annoyed!

This very situation is Nik+Heather's "thing". They successfully got their Congressman involved and avoided having to pay for another full medical.

It's a toughie because you want to get on with life and not have the headache, but at the same time giving in to their demands sets a presidence. Another example of this is when a K-1 applicant recently received an RFE for a UK divorce decree absolute that was signed by the issuing judge. This is NOT standard in England & Wales. It is possible to get it but you have to go to extraordinary measures and request it in writing, I believe.

My understanding is that if a petition is denied, that denial needs to be reviewed before being OKed for denial. If the ignorant adjudicator took the proposed denial to their supervisor, on the grounds that the requested documentation wasn't supplied, then you've got to trust the Supervisor is going to refuse to deny, knowing this quirk of UK Decree Absolutes. Hence an adjudicator has been educated and won't RFE another Brit for a signed decree. If, however, you go jumping through all those hoops and supply a signed DA, then that adjudicator is going to think that is the standard.

So, it's ease of life vs. standing your ground. I get why people opt for the first, but wish we all had the gumption to go for the latter!

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

you're so lucky! the clinic i went to in singapore refused to send me copies of the DS forms that they filled out when i was applying for my K1 visa. they insisted it was property of USCIS, and that only the US Consulate in Singapore could request those documents.. so I ended up having to do my medical all over again. sighs. still waiting for lab results on the syphilis test, and i'm going to get my tuberculin skin test read tomorrow.. hopefully there aren't any other problems, and the CS can get my report done this week.. we didn't pay much coz the CS was nice enough to put everything on our insurance.. but if i actually had to pay for all those tests again, i would've been much more annoyed!

Oh that's terrible hey making you do that again but lucky you could claim on your medical insurance it is just so rude and the original is the property of USCIS not the bloody copies geese they make it hard for us at time hey.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.