azsx

RFE I864-need help with statement!

3 posts in this topic

Hi

we got RFE for I864 of my husband.

we also have a joint sponsor because my husbands income does not meet requirements. The documents for joint sponsor were fine and did not get RFE, only my Husbands. this is the rfe:

[x] It appears that there is no proof of current employment (a recently dated job letter or pay stub), or self-employment status (a recently dated letter on business letterhead or a business license).

[x] The listed income tax documents/IRS statements for the years marked below are missing/incomplete (if you have lost any of the requested tax information, contact your local IRS office to obtain a copy) (Only Federal

returns (not state or local) are acceptable unless the sponsor's income was earned in Puerto Rico.)

My husband income consists of repair services he does (self employed) and income from leases from properties he owns. He is self employed doing repair jobs. he does not have a license.

he also used to be a real estate broker and still works from time to time for a real estate company, but had no income in 2009 from that.

he does not have W2's from these jobs for 2009!

so he can only write a statement explaining this

Our question:

They want to get a statement in the RFE for his employment.

we are in a dilema if to write his income is from self employed and from the rentals, or also to mention he is a broker? he does not have W2's from there for 2009.

would it just confuse them to mention that he is also a broker? is it unnecessary information? do they only want to know where he gets income from, or do they also want to know what he does and what is his profession?

(he does not have a letterhead for his self employed work.)

would it be ok to write a letter explaining he earns xxxx from repairs and xxxxx from rentals and attach the leases?

(again, we have a joint sponsor which meets requirements)

THanks!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

W2's are only issued to people who are employed by an employer.

As the RFE stated, provide a simple IRS Transcript.

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1 (They are free and can be FAXed)

I would simply write out a letter explaining that is self employed.

Also attach copies of bank statements, highlighting deposits.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Hi

we got RFE for I864 of my husband.

we also have a joint sponsor because my husbands income does not meet requirements. The documents for joint sponsor were fine and did not get RFE, only my Husbands. this is the rfe:

[x] It appears that there is no proof of current employment (a recently dated job letter or pay stub), or self-employment status (a recently dated letter on business letterhead or a business license).

[x] The listed income tax documents/IRS statements for the years marked below are missing/incomplete (if you have lost any of the requested tax information, contact your local IRS office to obtain a copy) (Only Federal

returns (not state or local) are acceptable unless the sponsor's income was earned in Puerto Rico.)

My husband income consists of repair services he does (self employed) and income from leases from properties he owns. He is self employed doing repair jobs. he does not have a license.

he also used to be a real estate broker and still works from time to time for a real estate company, but had no income in 2009 from that.

he does not have W2's from these jobs for 2009!

so he can only write a statement explaining this

Our question:

They want to get a statement in the RFE for his employment.

we are in a dilema if to write his income is from self employed and from the rentals, or also to mention he is a broker? he does not have W2's from there for 2009.

would it just confuse them to mention that he is also a broker? is it unnecessary information? do they only want to know where he gets income from, or do they also want to know what he does and what is his profession?

(he does not have a letterhead for his self employed work.)

would it be ok to write a letter explaining he earns xxxx from repairs and xxxxx from rentals and attach the leases?

(again, we have a joint sponsor which meets requirements)

THanks!!!

Did he file income taxes for 2009? If he did he probably submitted some sort of self-employment income documents (I forgot the name of the form for the self-employed). If he has income from real estate then that should be easy for him to prove. If he is doing all this "work" and not filing taxes on it then he may be in violation of tax laws since he is not reporting income.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.