Sign in to follow this  
dnac59

Questions about NOA2, Interview, Medical, etc

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

-I had originally posted this in the Regional (Philippines) section for their input, but now I think I would like to ask from everyone else. That's why I'm reposting it here. Feel free to reply even if you are not applying at the Manila Embassy. Thanks all

Hi Guys, I posted it here because I wanted to know people's experiences filing K-1 Visa at Manila Embassy. My fiancee and I are a bit lost right now and trying to figure out what to do next. I know about the flow chart and all, but that is more for a general flow chart and it seems that different embassies might ask for different things. So here goes:

First off, a little something about me and my fiancee. We met during enrollment in college after transfering from another school (she transfered from UP and me from the states). We started dating during 2nd sem in our 1st year in college. So we've been together for almost 6 1/2 years now. I left a month after graduating in 2008. I went back to visit her in 2009. We got engaged when I visited her, but I was unable to file until 2010. I had worked only part-time until the middle of last year when I became a full-time employee. We communicate constantly everyday; we text, email, skype, magicjack, plug n talk (smart), ym, facebook, telephone and regular old snail mail.

We received an email from USCIS that are petition has been approved, but we have not received the hard copy.

-So my 1st question is, should I wait until we receive the hard copy before we try to contact NVC?

-Do I need to send a hard copy of the NOA2 to my fiancee or can I just send a scanned copy through email later on?

As stated I only started working full-time in August of last year, but I have worked for the same place since I came back to the states. I fufill the 125% over poverty line (a couple thousand over it), but I don't own anything other than my car. I live with my parents for the time being. I was wondering if I can use them as a co-sponsor? I have read that it's not useful at the Manila Embassy, is this true? With regards to bank account (checking and savings) is there an amount they are looking for or do they just want to see that I have money?

I know they want to see proof of an ongoing relationship after we filed, but we didn't really send mail or emails very much. We sent mostly messages on Facebook, text messages and called using magicjack, skype or regular cellphone/telephone. Skype doesn't have call logs anymore. Will these be enough of proof that we kept in contact with each other? The mail that we did send to each other, we asked family members who were going to the Philippines to deliver our mail. So I don't know if that's going to work out well because there's not stamps.

Thanks for any and all advice given. Feel free to ask for any further information.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do not send the hard copy of NOA 2 ANYWHERE! If you lose it its 400$ to replace it. It is needed for AOS from K-1.

You will need to send her a copy of the NOA2 for the interview most likely.

I would wait 1 week-ish to contact NVC. Ask NVC if they have your embassy case number assigned and what it is. Then see if it has been sent to the embassy yet.

If you do not want to call NVC you do not have to. The K-1 typically only spends about a week or less at the NVC before it gets sent to the embassy. There are no steps at the NVC stage for K-1 petitions that you need to do. Its just an automatic in and out, NVC will mail the case number to you in snail mail or you can call them to get it early.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Do not send the hard copy of NOA 2 ANYWHERE! If you lose it its 400$ to replace it. It is needed for AOS from K-1.

You will need to send her a copy of the NOA2 for the interview most likely.

I would wait 1 week-ish to contact NVC. Ask NVC if they have your embassy case number assigned and what it is. Then see if it has been sent to the embassy yet.

If you do not want to call NVC you do not have to. The K-1 typically only spends about a week or less at the NVC before it gets sent to the embassy. There are no steps at the NVC stage for K-1 petitions that you need to do. Its just an automatic in and out, NVC will mail the case number to you in snail mail or you can call them to get it early.

Oh ok, so then I should only send a copy of it unless it for AOS. I had called NVC already and they received it, but at the time I called, they have yet to forward it to the embassy. They said to call again next week.

Timeline

Oh ok, so then I should only send a copy of it unless it for AOS. I had called NVC already and they received it, but at the time I called, they have yet to forward it to the embassy. They said to call again next week.

Scanned copies e-mailed to her are fine. When you call the embassy to make her interview apptointment, the embassy will send you a confirmation e-mail with all the details. Simply forward this to your fiancee too. She can print and use for the medical and entrance to the embassy with ID. My wife did this with no problems.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.