FormerlyKnownAs

Regarding: U.S. Embassy Cairo Warden Message 11

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

In the message it states:

----------------------------

My family members aren’t U.S. citizens. Can they travel with me on a U.S. Government chartered flight?

Evacuation flights will transport U.S. citizens and their immediate family members. Immediate family members – defined as spouses and children who are not U.S. citizens – will be required to have travel documentation that will permit their entry into the safe haven destinations. At this time, flights are expected to travel to Istanbul, Turkey; Athens, Greece; and Nicosia, Cyprus. Safe haven destinations may change. U.S. citizens requesting evacuation will not be able to select their safe haven destinations.

Note: Non-U.S. citizens accompanying evacuated U.S. citizens to safe haven locations have been able to apply for an airport entrance visa on arrival to the safe haven location. Non-U.S. citizens planning onward travel not already holding visas or Legal Permanent Residency Status for entry into the United States will need to visit the U.S. Embassy in the safe haven location to apply for a visa prior to scheduling onward travel. If you have a question related to immigrant or non-immigrant visa processing in Cairo, please send a detailed inquiry to CairoVisaInquiries@state.gov.

----------------------------

I'm wondering how swamped the safe haven location consulates are going to be and if they plan on expediting the visa approval process to work through the load faster. Any ideas?

Passing harsh judgment on those you don't know says nothing of the judged and everything of the judge.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Honestly, I don't think they will expedite visas because of the current situation. It's very clear in that message that they are mostly referring to spouses/family members who already have permanent residency. They simply mention going to the consulate to apply for a visa in the case of family members who do not already have a visa. This kind of wording is typical and it's pretty vague. I can see how one would be hopeful in reading it. I doubt they mean show up at the embassy and we'll grant you a visa just because. While the situation looks pretty scary, it's hardly severe enough to bypass the steps involved in obtaining a visa in the normal manner.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just out of curiosity I looked up the instructions for marriage and subsequent visa application on the US embassy site. The wording is the same regarding applying for a visa. I believe if they planned on expediting visas they would say so in the statement.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just to be clear, I'm not hopeful about anything. I myself am not in a position where this benefits myself or my fiancee in any way whatsoever. I was just interested in opinions on how they might handle the influx of visa applications at the safe haven locations.

Also, just to clarify where I'm coming from... It does state "Non-U.S. citizens planning onward travel not already holding visas or Legal Permanent Residency Status for entry into the United States..." thus the original question.

Thanks for your responses, though. I am always interested in learning as much as possible about this process from as many viewpoints as I can get access to!

Passing harsh judgment on those you don't know says nothing of the judged and everything of the judge.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

So guys what's gonna happen if for the worst scenario that they close the American embassy in cairo for a long time, what would be the route for getting the visa, my case is at the Consulate and i was suppose to have an interview in the 8th of february.

can i go to someother country to have my interview or what

appreciate the thoughts

thanks

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Timeline

So guys what's gonna happen if for the worst scenario that they close the American embassy in cairo for a long time, what would be the route for getting the visa, my case is at the Consulate and i was suppose to have an interview in the 8th of february.

can i go to someother country to have my interview or what

appreciate the thoughts

thanks

Sam, Hi, how are you holding up? I am here in Cairo with Ahmed, I have been here since January 11th. I am thinking of staying until March atleast. Our case was complete as of January 31, 2011, so I am wondering the same thing you are wondering. What is going to happen for people in the interview stage? Will his interview wait for the embassy to open back up or will it be transfered to another country's embassy? Please keep me informed if you find out anything and I will do the same! Hope you and your family are doing well in this time. Best wishes to you Sam!

Timeline

Salam guys ,,,

i hope you count me in

my case complete 2 days ago and ofcourse cant get interview date

also the NVC lady said that if you want to do the interview in another country you have to get like resident there ( worker/student)

which meant cant do it by tourist visa

anyway lets hope what coming next is better and Allah knows the best

take care

huda.jpg

tvquran_16.gif

My Visajourney

Our Marriage: (2008)

Date I-130 Sent : ( 2009-10-14)

Your item was delivered at 9:38 PM on October 18, 2009 in CHICAGO, IL 60680. USPS

The Money order money cashed at last on October 26, 2009 ... Waiting the NOA1

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) : (2009-11-2) Dated in 23 Oct

Touched 27 Oct 2009 and 11,12 Feb 2010

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : (2010-02-12) 4 Months From sending date !!

♥NVC JOURNEY♥

02-19-2010 : NVC case number assigned

04-07-2010 : Sent DS-3032 by E-mail

04-10-2010 : DS-3032 Accepted

04-14-2010 : Paid (AOS) Online

04-16-2010 : (AOS) shown as PAID

09-10-2010 : IV bill shows as PAID

08-03-2010: (AOS) packet completed and returned

08-23-2010 : NVC Received Completed (AOS)

09-20-2010 : DS-203 Completed and returned

09-23-2010 : NVC Received Completed DS-230

09-24-2010 : (AOS) accepted Per operator

09-28-2010 : DS-230 Entered Into System( and they also send checklist about sponsor :S )

10-15-2010 : DS-230 Completed with Checklist Also :S

01-11/14-2011 : Mailed /Delivered wt missing in both packets

02-01-2011 : SIF!!

02-03-2011 : Case Complete!

3rd Aug2011: Interview Date (AP Alhumdolillah ,,)

12 OCT2011 : Visa In Hand AP is over after 2 months from interview date

NOV2011 : POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

taken from cairo.usembassy.gov

Important Information about Consular Services February 5, 2011

The U. S. Embassy is open for emergency services for U.S. citizens only until further notice. Visa applicants with previously scheduled appointments will be contacted and provided guidance concerning their appointments. All processed nonimmigrant and immigrant visas will be returned via DHL courier service selected at the time of interview. Please visit DHL at http://www.dhlegypt.com/en.html to track the status of delivery.

The U.S. Embassy is open for emergency services for American citizens on Sunday February 6 from 0900 to 1200. Please visit www.travel.state.gov for our latest travel warning for Egypt.

Please check our website http://egypt.usembassy.gov/ frequently for additional updates.

event.png

Timeline

Salam guys ,,,

i hope you count me in

my case complete 2 days ago and ofcourse cant get interview date

also the NVC lady said that if you want to do the interview in another country you have to get like resident there ( worker/student)

which meant cant do it by tourist visa

anyway lets hope what coming next is better and Allah knows the best

take care

I will definately keep my eyes on this thread in hopes we all get some kind of good news soon! Until I hear something, anything about my husband's interview I am staying here in Cairo, it is better to be here with him than apart... I pray for us all and will keep you all up to date if I hear anything! Best wishes!

Timeline

taken from cairo.usembassy.gov

Important Information about Consular Services February 5, 2011

The U. S. Embassy is open for emergency services for U.S. citizens only until further notice. Visa applicants with previously scheduled appointments will be contacted and provided guidance concerning their appointments. All processed nonimmigrant and immigrant visas will be returned via DHL courier service selected at the time of interview. Please visit DHL at http://www.dhlegypt.com/en.html to track the status of delivery.

The U.S. Embassy is open for emergency services for American citizens on Sunday February 6 from 0900 to 1200. Please visit www.travel.state.gov for our latest travel warning for Egypt.

Please check our website http://egypt.usembassy.gov/ frequently for additional updates.

Thank you for this information, really thank you so much! Hopefully since Samoray already had his interview scheduled he will get some good news soon! :thumbs: With the rest of us getting our interview sooner than later! Again thank you.

Timeline

Sam, Hi, how are you holding up? I am here in Cairo with Ahmed, I have been here since January 11th. I am thinking of staying until March atleast. Our case was complete as of January 31, 2011, so I am wondering the same thing you are wondering. What is going to happen for people in the interview stage? Will his interview wait for the embassy to open back up or will it be transfered to another country's embassy? Please keep me informed if you find out anything and I will do the same! Hope you and your family are doing well in this time. Best wishes to you Sam!

Hi Amber, i am doing good, I hope you and Ahmed are doing good as well

it seems like they're gonna reshcedule the interviews after things calm down, i don't know when but i hope in the near future, best wishes

us-eg.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Amber, i am doing good, I hope you and Ahmed are doing good as well

it seems like they're gonna reshcedule the interviews after things calm down, i don't know when but i hope in the near future, best wishes

Hi everyone, I'm kinda in the same boat. My fiance had his interview on the 12th and was approved and was put in AP. The embassy said he would have this passport this week, however since all of this happened who knows. The DOS said all visa are on hold until the embassy opens again. I know for cases, such as those in Iraq they go thru the embassy in Syria. My guess is if the embassy is closed for a long time they will process them someplace else, but I have no idea where or how long it would take. Good luck to everyone!

Edited by mandyu1

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Timeline

Hi everyone, I'm kinda in the same boat. My fiance had his interview on the 12th and was approved and was put in AP. The embassy said he would have this passport this week, however since all of this happened who knows. The DOS said all visa are on hold until the embassy opens again. I know for cases, such as those in Iraq they go thru the embassy in Syria. My guess is if the embassy is closed for a long time they will process them someplace else, but I have no idea where or how long it would take. Good luck to everyone!

Hello, i think that once they open the embassy again they're gonna continue processing your visa

good luck

us-eg.gif

Timeline

Salam guys,,,

embassy website posted update maybe usefull

Note: Non-U.S. citizens who accompanied evacuated U.S. citizens to safe haven locations in Europe have been able to apply for an airport entrance visa on arrival to the safe haven location. Non-U.S. citizens planning onward travel not already holding visas or Legal Permanent Residency Status for entry into the United States will need to visit the U.S. Embassy in the safe haven location to apply for a visa prior to scheduling onward travel. If you have a question related to immigrant or non-immigrant visa processing in Cairo, please send a detailed inquiry to CairoVisaInquiries@state.gov.

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/pa20711.html

huda.jpg

tvquran_16.gif

My Visajourney

Our Marriage: (2008)

Date I-130 Sent : ( 2009-10-14)

Your item was delivered at 9:38 PM on October 18, 2009 in CHICAGO, IL 60680. USPS

The Money order money cashed at last on October 26, 2009 ... Waiting the NOA1

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) : (2009-11-2) Dated in 23 Oct

Touched 27 Oct 2009 and 11,12 Feb 2010

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : (2010-02-12) 4 Months From sending date !!

♥NVC JOURNEY♥

02-19-2010 : NVC case number assigned

04-07-2010 : Sent DS-3032 by E-mail

04-10-2010 : DS-3032 Accepted

04-14-2010 : Paid (AOS) Online

04-16-2010 : (AOS) shown as PAID

09-10-2010 : IV bill shows as PAID

08-03-2010: (AOS) packet completed and returned

08-23-2010 : NVC Received Completed (AOS)

09-20-2010 : DS-203 Completed and returned

09-23-2010 : NVC Received Completed DS-230

09-24-2010 : (AOS) accepted Per operator

09-28-2010 : DS-230 Entered Into System( and they also send checklist about sponsor :S )

10-15-2010 : DS-230 Completed with Checklist Also :S

01-11/14-2011 : Mailed /Delivered wt missing in both packets

02-01-2011 : SIF!!

02-03-2011 : Case Complete!

3rd Aug2011: Interview Date (AP Alhumdolillah ,,)

12 OCT2011 : Visa In Hand AP is over after 2 months from interview date

NOV2011 : POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello, i think that once they open the embassy again they're gonna continue processing your visa

good luck

thanks good luck to you too!

Does anyone have any news on when the embassy may open again? I happened to call Delta to see when they were going to resume flights to Cairo (because I plan on going back shortly) and was told not before March 27. I hope that doesn't mean the embassy workes will be out until then.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.