meredith and zac

If you are filing a K-1 through the London embassy raise your hand!!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So... I want to find all you London K-1ers out there! I have talked to a couple of you via Visa Journey and Facebook, but I want to see who else is out there! It makes a world of difference to find people who are going through the exact same thing as us.

If you ARE in the same boat AND you are due to receive your NOA2 soon, I am happy to tell you that it seems right now, the embassy is moving pretty quickly through things!! I called the NVC today to see when our case had been sent out (they were closed yesterday due to inclement weather) and found out that it had left NVC on Friday last week. I then called DOS and talked to a very nice woman who said she had "some good news for me" :) Packet 3 was sent out TODAY!!! I am floored. I did not expect that fast of a turn-around. It sounds like we will be receiving our Packet 3 less than 2 weeks after I got the hard NOA2 in the mail. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this means they will work quickly to log our paperwork once they get it and that we will have our holy grail, the interview date, quickly as well!!!

1-129f sent: 08-21-2010

NOA1: 08-30-2010

NOA2: 01-20-2011 (OMG! that darn dot finally moved!!!! just under 5 months later...)

NOA2 hard copy received: 01-27-2011 (and called NVC to get case number)

Case received by consulate: 01-28-2011

Packet 3 sent by embassy: 02-03-2011 (received hard copy 02-11)

Packet 3 returned to embassy: 02-10-2011 (logged by embassy 2-24)

Medical: 02-11-2011 (results received by embassy 2-16)

Received interview date over the phone: 02-28-11

Packet 4 sent by embassy: 02-28-11 (received hard copy 3-5)

Interview: 03-15-11 APPROVED!!! (visa received 3-18)

POE: 03-30-11 ~ Marriage: 04-06-11

Timeline

glad to hear things are going so fast,and well done on getting so far. we just got our nao2 (well got the email). were just waiting for the 2 weeks to be up so we can call and see if its been sent on to people yet. but glad to hear some good news from someone in the same boat as us!

So... I want to find all you London K-1ers out there! I have talked to a couple of you via Visa Journey and Facebook, but I want to see who else is out there! It makes a world of difference to find people who are going through the exact same thing as us.

If you ARE in the same boat AND you are due to receive your NOA2 soon, I am happy to tell you that it seems right now, the embassy is moving pretty quickly through things!! I called the NVC today to see when our case had been sent out (they were closed yesterday due to inclement weather) and found out that it had left NVC on Friday last week. I then called DOS and talked to a very nice woman who said she had "some good news for me" :) Packet 3 was sent out TODAY!!! I am floored. I did not expect that fast of a turn-around. It sounds like we will be receiving our Packet 3 less than 2 weeks after I got the hard NOA2 in the mail. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this means they will work quickly to log our paperwork once they get it and that we will have our holy grail, the interview date, quickly as well!!!

Hi!! We have the same NOA2 date :-) Our case was also sent from the NVC to London last Friday! Thought I would leave it another few days before calling the DOS...holy moley, your packet 3 was sent out today?!!!

I just booked my medical this morning for the 18th...Bloomin heck, better get a move on filling out my packet 3 forms...!!!

Do you mind if I add you as a friend? Would be good to keep in touch :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

hey guys

question for you.. my case got sent from NVC on 25th Jan.. My packet 3 hasn't arrived so should I call someone..? Also Ive noticed some of you have booked medicals before receiving packet 3.. Is that the case and how do you kow what to bring..? Sorry Im being a gimp here but this whole thing is becoming overwhelming!! Good luck to you all!!;0)

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Timeline

sure!! add me on Facebook.. my URL is on our profile under "website"

NOA2: 01-20-2011 (OMG! that darn dot finally moved!!!! just under 5 months later...)

Timeline

hey guys

question for you.. my case got sent from NVC on 25th Jan.. My packet 3 hasn't arrived so should I call someone..? Also Ive noticed some of you have booked medicals before receiving packet 3.. Is that the case and how do you kow what to bring..? Sorry Im being a gimp here but this whole thing is becoming overwhelming!! Good luck to you all!!;0)

hey it's cool, we are all nervous nancy's about this stuff!! I bet you'll get your packet any day now... but you can verify that they have sent out your packet by calling 202-663-1225, the dept of state.. if you do let me know what day they sent it out so I can have a better idea of what day we'll receive ours!

about the medical, you can book it when you have your case # from NVC.. did you get your police certificate yet? We had to book medical later than we wanted because we are waiting on the police cert. My fiance asked when he called to make the appointment what he needed to bring and i am almost certain it is just the vaccination record and the police cert, but double check with them when you call. it sounded like they could have given him an appointment next day. the information on who to call/where to go is here: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/iv_medical_letter.pdf

glad to hear things are going so fast,and well done on getting so far. we just got our nao2 (well got the email). were just waiting for the 2 weeks to be up so we can call and see if its been sent on to people yet. but glad to hear some good news from someone in the same boat as us!

call the day you get the hard copy! that's when i called and they gave me the case #!

hey guys

Hey! Yes, I know how you feel, it's all starting to get a bit overwhelming...!! Did you get your London case number from the NVC? If so, call the DOS and they'll be able to tell you if London have logged your file and if/when they've sent out Packet 3.

You can book your medical as soon as you have your London case no. You need to take your Police Certifcate with you, plus your passport, passport photo (UK size is fine) vaccination record and the medical questionnaire that you download from the website....

Timeline

Hey! Yes, I know how you feel, it's all starting to get a bit overwhelming...!! Did you get your London case number from the NVC? If so, call the DOS and they'll be able to tell you if London have logged your file and if/when they've sent out Packet 3.

You can book your medical as soon as you have your London case no. You need to take your Police Certifcate with you, plus your passport, passport photo (UK size is fine) vaccination record and the medical questionnaire that you download from the website....

Cheers guys.. This london case number.. will rach have received that in the states? Also, I was told you had to wait till your packet 3 came before sending off for your police reports.. take it thats wrong.. Im going to do that through ACRO?

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Timeline

You need to take your Police Certifcate with you, plus your passport, passport photo (UK size is fine) vaccination record and the medical questionnaire that you download from the website....

Thanks for clarifying this! obviously i jumped the gun before i knew what i was talking about!!!

Edited by meredith and zac

Thanks for clarifying this! obviously i jumped the gun before i knew what i was talking about!!!

I think we both must've been writing our replies at the same time and they overlapped...lol!

Timeline

Cheers guys.. This london case number.. will rach have received that in the states? Also, I was told you had to wait till your packet 3 came before sending off for your police reports.. take it thats wrong.. Im going to do that through ACRO?

She would have probably gotten the case number when she called about the case (it is a number that starts with LND...) otherwise she can call back up and ask for it! and you don't have to wait for packet 3.. it actually takes a while for the police cert to come in so apply for that ASAP (yes, through ACRO) and when they receive your app, they will email you. my fiance discovered that if you call the number they give you in the email, they can tell you what day it should arrive, so you can schedule your medical accordingly! it really is about 10 days right on the money PS you can get a rush on it, though i think that costs twice as much but is only supposed to take 2 days

it is so frustrating that there are so many guides on here.. but there isn't really a detailed this is what you do when flow chart. including things like apply for police cert etc.. thank goodness for these forums!

Edited by meredith and zac

Timeline

Hey I would advise you get you SO to phone the DOS as its far cheaper and if they are able to give you your case number book your medical asap!as they wont schedule the interview without the medical!also with regards to police report sent for it now as youll need it for your medical to! As for your packet 3 if your case has been logged just go ahead and fill out the required documents and fire them back as the sooner they get them the sooner your interview will be scheduled!

K1 Timeline
07/01/10- K1 Mailed
07/16/10- NOA1 Hardcopy
12/15/10- NOA2 Hardcopy Received
02/16/11- Interview at 10am London Embassy
02/24/11- Visa in Hand
02/27/11- POE - Minneapolis

AOS Timeline
04/22/11- AOS, EAD, AP sent today
04/28/11- AOS, EAD, AP Notice Date
05/04/11- Hard copy of NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP
05/12/11- Early Biometric walk in(Scheduled for 05/31/2011)
05/12/11- I-485 Case Transferred to CSC
06/13/11- AOS approved, card production ordered
06/20/11- Green Card Recieved

ROC Timeline

04/25/13- ROC package sent

04/26/13- ROC pack delivered

Timeline

hand raising here!

I got the NOA2 in the mail earlier this week and the notice from the NVC with my fiance's LND number today! Things move fast when you get out of USCIS.

Now I just have to figure out these sponsor forms. I'm not sure if I am actually supposed to check the joint sponsor box if I'm going to have a cosponsor to meet income requirements! Does anybody else know how to fill it out? (form I-864)

Engaged :) 6/28/10

Mailed I-129F Packet 8/2/10

Check Cashed 8/12/10

Rec'd NOA1 8/14/10

Rec'd NOA2 1/24/11

hand raising here!

I got the NOA2 in the mail earlier this week and the notice from the NVC with my fiance's LND number today! Things move fast when you get out of USCIS.

Now I just have to figure out these sponsor forms. I'm not sure if I am actually supposed to check the joint sponsor box if I'm going to have a cosponsor to meet income requirements! Does anybody else know how to fill it out? (form I-864)

Hey Amelia, congrats! For the financial affadavit of support you'll be filling out form I-134 for the interview. I-864 is for adjustment of status later...

Unless you're scarily organised and filling those forms out already...! lol :-)

Timeline

Nope, I'm scarily disorganized and filling out the incorrect forms, haha. Thanks, I-134 is a shorter form to fill out, thankfully. Is there a list somewhere of the forms that will arrive with packet 3? There was a link to the list in the wiki but it is a dead link.

Hey Amelia, congrats! For the financial affadavit of support you'll be filling out form I-134 for the interview. I-864 is for adjustment of status later...

Unless you're scarily organised and filling those forms out already...! lol :-)

Engaged :) 6/28/10

Mailed I-129F Packet 8/2/10

Check Cashed 8/12/10

Rec'd NOA1 8/14/10

Rec'd NOA2 1/24/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.