Ally & Rach

Obtaining police records, is ACRO the way to go?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Just downloaded the ACRO forms and just wanted to check this is the right way to obtain police records.. Also, should I wait till packet 3 arrives before sending off the forms?

Cheers.

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Police Certificates for the United Kingdom: A visa applicant who has resided in the United Kingdom for 6 months or more since the age of 16, is required to obtain a police certificate from the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO). Further information is available from their website at www.acpo.police.uk . This police certificate will serve to advise the U.S. Embassy, London whether or not any criminal conviction is held against him/her. The police certificate will be sent to the applicant's address provided at the time of application. Please note that the Immigrant Visa Unit considers the police certificate valid for 12 months from the date of issuance, not six months as stated on the certificate.

http://london.usembassy.gov/interview_documents.html

They are valid 1 year, I would apply for them just after USCIS approves the petition. Unless DCF, then you could apply for now.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

http://london.usembassy.gov/interview_documents.html

They are valid 1 year, I would apply for them just after USCIS approves the petition. Unless DCF, then you could apply for now.

Cheers for this.. :star:

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Timeline

I'd send off for your police certificate asap , as you'll need it for the medical :-)

Mine took about 14 days to process

Cheers pal.. where are you reading that though.. I can't see anything that says you need the police cert for interview anywhere?

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Cheers pal.. where are you reading that though.. I can't see anything that says you need the police cert for interview anywhere?

i booked my medical last week, for the 18th, and they told me I'd need to bring the police certificate with me...

A few other people have mentioned it on here as well. Not sure why, but it's a fairly recent thing...

Timeline

i booked my medical last week, for the 18th, and they told me I'd need to bring the police certificate with me...

A few other people have mentioned it on here as well. Not sure why, but it's a fairly recent thing...

Superb ta! That would have been a wasted journey.. Think the embassy site could do with updating that!! Do they tell you everything you need ie vaccinations etc?

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Superb ta! That would have been a wasted journey.. Think the embassy site could do with updating that!! Do they tell you everything you need ie vaccinations etc?

I know, there's no mention of it, they seem to be forever moving the goalposts... :(

Here's the link for the London embassy medical exam page: http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html

On the right there's a link "additional info etc" which is a PDF with MOST(!) of what you need to know about the Knightsbridge clinic, including the questionnaire that you need to fill out and take with you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.