james.young84

K1 visa questions

3 posts in this topic

Hello just after some advice

im a uk male of 26 and my fiancee is a US citizen of 21 years. we are planning on starting our life in the US and have started the intial steps of applying for the K1 fiancee visa. we have filled out Form I-129F and sent it off. im doing research for the rest of the application and am just after a few answers

1. i will have no money when moving over but we will be living with her parents to start who are both in full time jobs and my fiancee is a manager earnig $19,300 annualy, will this satisfy the criteria as this is the part giving me the most concern.

2. what kind of proof are they after for the proof of our relationship. will a lod of photos do

3. what is the interview like, what kind of questions do they ask

4 and finally how difficult is it to obtain this visa. will we come to any major obsticles or is it a straight forward application

any help is greatly aprreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1) Yes should be fine I-134 needs income for a family of two is: $18,212, perhaps (300 400) more when 2011 guide comes out. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

2) Phone records, emails, chats etc.. Not a ton, just a couple from each month, and perhaps a log.

3) http://www.visajourney.com/content/exampleq

4) From low fraud countries like UK or Canada, not hard at all.

Moving this to Embassy/Consulate forum

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.