gumbi2400

Packet 4 received! Now for a couple fairly easy questions

12 posts in this topic

Hey all,

So we just got the interview appointment letter today. Looks like March 28th. Just have a few quick questions:

1) Second page of packet 4 was blank. It looks to be normal, but just want to confirm if that is indeed the case.

2) Is it possible to move the interview date forward? Don't want to be too greedy, but it would be nice to have her back before her birthday.

3) When looking on the website for the general medical information, it says she needs to bring her medical records. However, the embassy specific information only mentions vaccinations. Does she really need to get the full medical records?

As always, all help is very very much appreciated.

1. I can't comment on that one because I've never seen a 2011 appointment letter.

2. People in the past have written a letter asking if there are any cancellations, could they be moved up take that slot. Tell them you are available on short notice and include your email address. Some have been successful. Nothing to lose by trying.

3. All things medical are sent to the embassy from Knightsbridge via courier. You don't bring anything. The embassy will give you the x-ray at the interview since it isn't needed by USCIS for anything. It's just how they pass it back to you in case you want it because Knightsbridge won't be seeing you again and don't need to keep your x-ray on file. All the medical reports will be added to your immigration file.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

So the question is, does she need to get her medical history from her GP? Just trying to suss this all out ahead of time.

Quick update as well, she sent the email to the embassy asking if she can be scheduled sooner, just have to wait and see.

So the question is, does she need to get her medical history from her GP? Just trying to suss this all out ahead of time.

Quick update as well, she sent the email to the embassy asking if she can be scheduled sooner, just have to wait and see.

I said people wrote a letter, not email... a polite formal, written, and signed letter mailed to the IV Unit. Often those emails are bounced if you haven't gotten the email code of the week.

I don't understand what you are asking about the medical. Has she been to her Knightsbridge medical appointment yet?? The embassy does not want her to bring ANYTHING in her hands to present to them at her interview that has to do with medical matters. Everything the embassy wants (concerning medical)comes straight from the Knightsbridge doctors office.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

She actually called and got the email code of the week (which btw sounds like some weird radio show contest).

As for the medical, I can totally see you're confusion. I should have been more clear. She has not yet been to her medical. The question was, does she need to bring her medical history to the medical exam. Online says yes, but Knightsbridge doctors instructions from online say no. So we are just a bit confused.

Thanks again for all the help, it is very much appreciated!

She actually called and got the email code of the week (which btw sounds like some weird radio show contest).

As for the medical, I can totally see you're confusion. I should have been more clear. She has not yet been to her medical. The question was, does she need to bring her medical history to the medical exam. Online says yes, but Knightsbridge doctors instructions from online say no. So we are just a bit confused.

Thanks again for all the help, it is very much appreciated!

Basically general health records are not a requirement for the visa exam. But....

There's a medical history thing on the Knightsbridge website to bring in. The checklist has a list of medical problems she may have experienced. If she has to say YES to any of those, the Knightsbridge doctor will want a detailed diagnosis/description from her GP reporting if it's still a condition, cured, under control with ____ medication...that kind of information. It's only things listed like heart disease, depression, high blood pressure, etc. Many people have attended the visa medical and reported a specific medical condition. The doc gives them kinda like an RFE to provide more information before they complete their medical report. So it's basically a heads-up to tell you to they usually ask for more information if you check YES, so to be proactive she could have that with her when she goes to the exam

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Edit to add:

Oh and do be careful when reporting depression or she will get into independent psych exams and a big mess. If she was just a little sad one week 'cause her doggie died, do not report that as depression. Don't even bring it up. Not worth the dicussion and documentation that will ensue. They are looking for full blown clinical depression and not super sadness over a one-time incident.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Edit to add:

Oh and do be careful when reporting depression or she will get into independent psych exams and a big mess. If she was just a little sad one week 'cause her doggie died, do not report that as depression. Don't even bring it up. Not worth the dicussion and documentation that will ensue. They are looking for full blown clinical depression and not super sadness over a one-time incident.

Hi! My husband had his medical in December at Knightsbridge and was approved for his VISA today. Unless things have changed in the past few weeks, she needs to bring her vaccination records to the Knightsbridge Doctor Appointment. The doctor's appointment consists of blood test, general exam, and chest x-rays. If she cannot prove she's had all the vaccinations, or if she is missing vaccinations, the Knightsbridge doctors will administer those as well. There is a complete list of the vaccinations required on the embassy website. :)

Good luck!

Make sure that the medical appointment is well in advance of the interview because they will not accept her otherwise at the embassy if they don't have the forwarded medical documents...

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

So what about things like childhood asthma, or stomach problems my wife is getting an esophageal endoscopy for soon? Should that be on there, or is it ok to drop it off?

Dude, read the list and answer the questions. We can't advise on what her medical history is. THE LIST. see p. 10

3. Have you ever had a disease of your lungs? Is asthma a disease of the lungs? Do effects show on an x-ray? I don't know.

19. Is any medical treatment (including surgery) pending or anticipated? err.. maybe an endoscopy

She's got to decide the information she deems appropriate to share. They won't know unless she discusses it except for TB, sexually transmitted diseases, blindness, high blood pressure...the things they test for.

The bit about depression was because we toss around the word "depression" quite easily. I'm so depressed I haven't gotten my NOA2. This waiting is depressing. And it seems like a lot of the UK people I have met in person have taken anti-depressants at one time briefly. I was beginning to think NHS passed them out like candy or something, but it's not fair to generalize. I just know that people in an effort to be honest tell about one prescription of anti-depressants 8 years ago and end up having to come up with documentation that doesn't exist because it wasn't a REAL case of depression. And they have to go for a private psych evaluation to the tune of 750 pounds to get a report that they aren't mentally ill. All because the doggie died and they took some prozac.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Im confused as the instructions say you have to have your medical before they will schedule the interview?they will only schedule once the medical is done and london receive the results

K1 Timeline
07/01/10- K1 Mailed
07/16/10- NOA1 Hardcopy
12/15/10- NOA2 Hardcopy Received
02/16/11- Interview at 10am London Embassy
02/24/11- Visa in Hand
02/27/11- POE - Minneapolis

AOS Timeline
04/22/11- AOS, EAD, AP sent today
04/28/11- AOS, EAD, AP Notice Date
05/04/11- Hard copy of NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP
05/12/11- Early Biometric walk in(Scheduled for 05/31/2011)
05/12/11- I-485 Case Transferred to CSC
06/13/11- AOS approved, card production ordered
06/20/11- Green Card Recieved

ROC Timeline

04/25/13- ROC package sent

04/26/13- ROC pack delivered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.