troi

k1 visa

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi everyone,

i need help about the fiancee petition, my fiancee is already usc, and i'm already separated for almost 8 years, is it possible for my fiancee to petition me even without my annulment? my fiancee and i have two kids now, and i'm the one taking care of my kids here in the phils, please help i really need info about the k1 procedures, and also about the price and how long will i wait if i file an annulment this march. thanks everyone, god bless..

Hi Troi,

Unfortunately you cannot file if your annulment is not yet final. If you go ahead and file it, they will ask for for annullment papers somewhere along the process and if you cannot produce it then it will be a cause for denial which will make it harder for you later on. Some unsolicited advice- DO NOT attempt to file without it. It will also be asked from you during your CFO. My suggestion would be to work on getting the annullment papers asap so that you can be with reunited with your fiance. Good luck and God bless!

This is the k1 visa guide which can help you both

K1 fees include would be about 1000usd in total ( 340 for filing and the rest will be for your medical and visa fee)

AOS from k1 is another 1070usd.

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

hi everyone,

i need help about the fiancee petition, my fiancee is already usc, and i'm already separated for almost 8 years, is it possible for my fiancee to petition me even without my annulment? my fiancee and i have two kids now, and i'm the one taking care of my kids here in the phils, please help i really need info about the k1 procedures, and also about the price and how long will i wait if i file an annulment this march. thanks everyone, god bless..

been there, filed k1 even not annulled.. but eventually we realized that its not the right thing to do.. so honey withdrawn my previous approved k1, then i at once filed an annulment, paid that for 200,000 pesos, took me 10 mons. to finish the whole process.. u can PM me if u have questions...

Edited by godsgift
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

been there, filed k1 even not annulled.. but eventually we realized that its not the right thing to do.. so honey withdrawn my previous approved k1, then i at once filed an annulment, paid that for 200,000 pesos, took me 10 mons. to finish the whole process.. u can PM me if u have questions...

Wow, I did not realize it was that pricey!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Wow, I did not realize it was that pricey!

Pricey :

In Philippines, yes. But the time wait is the issue. Just another reason for a USC not to marry someone in Philippines.

In USA, Dirt Cheap. You can get a divorce for around 20,000 pesos, and it takes about 30 days. Unless you have kids and wife fights you for child support, my relative has spent close to 5 million pesos for his divorce in USA.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.