prakriti

I-130 accepted in Toronto 2.5 months ago, haven't heard from Montreal?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you gotten a case number? if so email Montreal and ask them. They do not take phone calls.

You will be waiting quite a while with Montreal, they are slow and the only place that does Spousal Visas in Canada.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

I have heard nothing, no case number, no nothing.

If you have no case number i'm not sure how you could contact them since they wouldn't know what to look up..

At that I could only suggest going to the consul that you dropped your papers to and asking in person W T F? and see what they say.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, the Dept of State has no record of our I-130 application which either means Toronto never bothered to send it or Montreal never bothered to enter it. I'm guessing the latter because it sounds like Montreal is having problems above and beyond even their usual ones for the past month or two.

Sigh.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm assuming you are DCF'ing. You could email Toronto and and Montreal, more than likely they may know nothing, but doesnt hurt to try! Quite often you have to email them numerous time to get a reply. Can also check out the DCF forum on VJ--maybe they have better ideas

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Ok, the Dept of State has no record of our I-130 application which either means Toronto never bothered to send it or Montreal never bothered to enter it. I'm guessing the latter because it sounds like Montreal is having problems above and beyond even their usual ones for the past month or two.

Sigh.

I guess your payment wasn't cashed? or well I hope it hasn't been.

Have you tried this number?

Consulate General of the United States of America

360 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1S4 Canada

Tel: 416.595.1700 Fax: 416.595.1090

edit to add this =

Visa Inquiries: 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

Maybe thats why you cant get through on your 900 number?

Not sure if you can use that one.

Edited by Inky

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes other Americans have! And some have had success while others not. All 1 can do is try. It should be a very easy call for a congress person to make to get some answers. Squeeky wheel gets the grease!! Try putting something catchy in ur email heading to Montreal! make it very obvious to what you want and keep emailing

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.