vett

medical for CR1/IR1

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all,

My medical is coming up, and i was wondering if anyone knew how much it will cost for me and my 4yr old son?

we both are missing one shot.so take that in consideration when you reply, if it helps. i called the medical

facility that will conduct the medical and was told by the lady on the phone to take $50,000 jamaican dollars

that is roughly us$700.00 but i think that is way too expensive. so if any one can share any info that would be

appreciated,and anyone from jamiaca who had their medical done already would be an assett.

thanks guys.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable): 2009-03-17

I-130 Sent : 2009-12-21

I-130 NOA1 :

I-130 RFE : 2010,11,06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2010,12,15

I-130 Approved : 2010-03-09

Interview Date : 2011-02-17 Submit Review

life is not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!♥♥♥

if god is for you who can be against you.

blue slipped!!

-- Second Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):

28/3/2011...APPROVED!!!!APPROVED, APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all,

My medical is coming up, and i was wondering if anyone knew how much it will cost for me and my 4yr old son?

we both are missing one shot.so take that in consideration when you reply, if it helps. i called the medical

facility that will conduct the medical and was told by the lady on the phone to take $50,000 jamaican dollars

that is roughly us$700.00 but i think that is way too expensive. so if any one can share any info that would be

appreciated,and anyone from jamiaca who had their medical done already would be an assett.

thanks guys.

Vett,

The cost depends on where you are going. Montego Bay Hope Medical Center charged approximately $100 for the physical but the center in Kingston quoted us a fee of $200. The shots, if you have to get them at the center, are expensive. I think that my husband paid between $3000-$5000 for the shot that he needed. Hope that helps.

Timeline

Hi all,

thanks guys.

Vett, correction. My husband paid approximately that amount for several shots and a urine test. He stated that he paid approximately $1200 for one shot.

Timeline

Vett,

The cost depends on where you are going. Montego Bay Hope Medical Center charged approximately $100 for the physical but the center in Kingston quoted us a fee of $200. The shots, if you have to get them at the center, are expensive. I think that my husband paid between $3000-$5000 for the shot that he needed. Hope that helps.

thanks much. this process can get really expensive huh??lol i will be doing my medical in kingston at andrews. you know what the unfair part of this whole

process is, after you spent all this money, invest all this time and do all that is asked of you by the book and by law.you can go to your interview, get

a CO that is in a really bad mood, or who just dosen't like you, and be told that you are denied!!! they don't care about how in love you are, or how much money you invest in this that is suppose to be your future!!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

I-130 NOA1 :

life is not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!♥♥♥

blue slipped!!

Timeline

Hi Vett,

My Husband recently took the medical on 1/24 and he paid only the JA equivalent of $100 US... So roughly 8,000 JA. He need a few (3)shot that he took before the medical at a local clinic for 4,000 total. In all he paid 12,000 for everything needed.. So check your local clinic to see if you NEED additional shots before more paying at the medical examHope this info helps...

USCIS TIMELINE (Married March 20, 2010)

04/15/2010 - I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/22/2010 - NOA 1 Received

11/01/2010 - NOA2

NVC TIMELINE

01-NOV-2010: NVC Received Case

20-Dec-2010: Case Completed

US Embassy in Kingston

07-Feb-2011: Interview @ 8:00am

11-Feb-2011: Received Visa

16-Feb-2011: POE Houston, Texas

Removal of Conditions

07-Dec-2012: Mailed application

25-May-2013: Received 10yr. Green Card

ogTOm5.png

Timeline

Hi Vett,

My Husband recently took the medical on 1/24 and he paid only the JA equivalent of $100 US... So roughly 8,000 JA. He need a few (3)shot that he took before the medical at a local clinic for 4,000 total. In all he paid 12,000 for everything needed.. So check your local clinic to see if you NEED additional shots before more paying at the medical examHope this info helps...

thanks much, that's a good idea, i think i need to check with the clinics and see what i can get.good luck on the rest of your journey, my interview is 17/2/2011

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

I-130 NOA1 :

blue slipped!!

Timeline

Hi Vett,

one more question and this i would really like you to answer for me lol... my medical is thursday. did your hubby have to make an appointment

with the clinic to get the shots, or do you think i can just go there monday or tuesday, and get it? time is running out on me.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

I-130 NOA1 :

blue slipped!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all,

thanks guys.

If you are going to Mobay it is $100 and I think I saw it somewhere that kids are half price. Shot at Mobay Hope runs about $5000 per shot. It you can get to the clinic before your appt. that would be great or you can go to a doctors office to get your shots that's what my husband did and it cost about $7000 for 7 shot

Timeline

If you are going to Mobay it is $100 and I think I saw it somewhere that kids are half price. Shot at Mobay Hope runs about $5000 per shot. It you can get to the clinic before your appt. that would be great or you can go to a doctors office to get your shots that's what my husband did and it cost about $7000 for 7 shot

thanks, that's another brilliant option(doctor's office) bcuz i was worried that it may be too late to go to a clinic. not sure if i can just walk in the clinic and get the shots the same day, or if i have to make appointment and go back another time,in which case time is running out.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

I-130 NOA1 :

blue slipped!!

Timeline

one more question and this i would really like you to answer for me lol... my medical is thursday. did your hubby have to make an appointment

with the clinic to get the shots, or do you think i can just go there monday or tuesday, and get it? time is running out on me.

yes, you can just walk in but I think it is only on certain days...My husband said that if you tell them you have already had chicken pox they will not give you that injection because it is not needed if you have already had them.

USCIS TIMELINE (Married March 20, 2010)

04/15/2010 - I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/22/2010 - NOA 1 Received

11/01/2010 - NOA2

NVC TIMELINE

01-NOV-2010: NVC Received Case

20-Dec-2010: Case Completed

US Embassy in Kingston

07-Feb-2011: Interview @ 8:00am

11-Feb-2011: Received Visa

16-Feb-2011: POE Houston, Texas

Removal of Conditions

07-Dec-2012: Mailed application

25-May-2013: Received 10yr. Green Card

ogTOm5.png

Timeline

Does anyone know whate an immunizations are needed? I checked the NVC website and they listed the normal childhood immunizations and also a flu vaccine and Hepitis B?? My husband can go to the local clinic and get what is needed. Thanks

Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3384cc5222ff5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Background

Under the immigration laws of the United States, a foreign national who applies for an immigrant visa abroad, or who seeks to adjust status to a permanent resident while in the United States, is required to receive vaccinations to prevent the following diseases:

* Mumps

* Measles

* Rubella

* Polio

* Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids

* Pertussis

* Haemophilus influenzae type B

* Hepatitis B

* Any other vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.