daboyz

Thailand Thread

1,485 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am starting this thread for any Thai related conversation.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Chok Dee! :thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

It's a shame Thailand will never have political resolution. Yellow shirts, red shirt and now I hear there are blue shirts, they are all making Thailand looking very stupid infront of the whole world. Yellow shirts are dumb for shutting down the airport and making the economy worst during a worldwide recession. Red shirts are dumb for stopping the asean meeting and causing riots and chaos in bangkok. Sorry I am just putting in my opinion about Thailand.

I still love Thailand though, but the people have to find a way to resolve this, but as I see it this will never end cause of they over throw the current pm Apesit (sp?), I think his name is, the dang yellow shirts will have another protest and cause something like this again in Thailand. The only way I think it might work is if you divide Thailand into 2 like north and south korea, The north can go to the Red shirts where they are all from anyways and the central thailand on down will belong to yellows. But this probably won't ever happen.

I work in both Thailand and in Vietnam, my company has a plant in Laem Cha Bang (near pattaya), and one Saigon. My wife and I visit Thailand quite frequently because of my work there and we love the place. We see it as out "get a way" from Vietnam cause there are so many things to do there. I still think Thailand is better than Vietnam in everyway, but I just don't like it as much now as I did back then before whenever all this political ####### started when they started the coupe in 2006. I don't understand stand why the King doesn't step in and stop all this mess? He has the power too because everything on both sides love and respect the king so much. Why doesn't he just tell everyone to stop protesting. The king is so quiet in all this. Doesn't he love his people enough to lift a finger or say something?

Sorry for rambling, Just my opinion. I still plan to come back to Thailand as long as it is safe to go there, I will be hesistant to go if there is a war there. Kudos to the OP for making a Thread about Thailand here, This subforum seems to be flooded with Vietnam members. It's good to have a little adversity here. But I understand all the Vietnam posters cause there are so many problems in Vietnam people gotta post more cause there are so many problems here in VN..

Edited by Dai_VN
mrc2pmh1445.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Sorry for rambling, Just my opinion. I still plan to come back to Thailand as long as it is safe to go there, I will be hesistant to go if there is a war there. Kudos to the OP for making a Thread about Thailand here, This subforum seems to be flooded with Vietnam members. It's good to have a little adversity here. But I understand all the Vietnam posters cause there are so many problems in Vietnam people gotta post more cause there are so many problems here in VN..

Thanks for sharing your story. I just hope that you meant diversity! :lol:

It would seem the Embassy in Bangkok is trying to catch up with the one in HCMC, as more and more people are really getting hasseled and handed 221g's.

Good luck to you and your wife! :)

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline
It's a shame Thailand will never have political resolution. Yellow shirts, red shirt and now I hear there are blue shirts, they are all making Thailand looking very stupid infront of the whole world. Yellow shirts are dumb for shutting down the airport and making the economy worst during a worldwide recession. Red shirts are dumb for stopping the asean meeting and causing riots and chaos in bangkok. Sorry I am just putting in my opinion about Thailand.

I still love Thailand though, but the people have to find a way to resolve this, but as I see it this will never end cause of they over throw the current pm Apesit (sp?), I think his name is, the dang yellow shirts will have another protest and cause something like this again in Thailand. The only way I think it might work is if you divide Thailand into 2 like north and south korea, The north can go to the Red shirts where they are all from anyways and the central thailand on down will belong to yellows. But this probably won't ever happen.

I work in both Thailand and in Vietnam, my company has a plant in Laem Cha Bang (near pattaya), and one Saigon. My wife and I visit Thailand quite frequently because of my work there and we love the place. We see it as out "get a way" from Vietnam cause there are so many things to do there. I still think Thailand is better than Vietnam in everyway, but I just don't like it as much now as I did back then before whenever all this political ####### started when they started the coupe in 2006. I don't understand stand why the King doesn't step in and stop all this mess? He has the power too because everything on both sides love and respect the king so much. Why doesn't he just tell everyone to stop protesting. The king is so quiet in all this. Doesn't he love his people enough to lift a finger or say something?

He doesn't say anything because his family is a part of this whole mess.

I have traveled many places and corruption is everywhere. i've seen it in one form or another in every country i've been in.

USCIS

08/21/2008- Mailed I-130 today

08/23/2008- I-130 recieved at chicago lock box

08/27/2008- NOA1 notice date

01/05/2009- recieved NOA2 approval e-mail from CRIS

NVC

2009-01-16 : NVC Received and Case Number Assigned (don't know exact date)

2009-01-16 : DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

2009-01-25 : DS-3032 sent (by e-mail)

2009-01-28 : AOS bill invoiced (paid online)

2009-02-02 : AOS bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-02 : AOS package sent to NVC (sent overnight)

2009-01-29 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent accepted

2??? : AOS entered into NVC system (NVC recieved AOS 03-feb-2009)

2009-02-01 : IV bill invoiced(paid online)

2009-02-03 : IV bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-23 : Medical completed

2009-03-13: DS-230 and Packet 3 sent to NVC

2009-03-17: DS-230 and packet 3 recieved by NVC

2009-03-27: RFE to correct a date on DS-230

2009-03-30: Corrected DS-230 recieved by NVC

2009-04-06 : case complete at NVC

Embassy

2009-05-01 : Forward the case to Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand

2009-06-03 : Interview at Embassy APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have traveled many places and corruption is everywhere. i've seen it in one form or another in every country i've been in.

Way back in Thai history one of the Kings decided to let some of the people form a government that would represent the people. Thailand became the only constitutional monarchy in the world.

Its been down hill since then. The people arent represented by the government as much as oppressed by it. The corruption is rampant in the govenment & bleeds into the whole population.

The King or any of the Royal family will not take any tangible steps to controll the corrupt govenment or business because he & his family are part of it . If he did make any attempt to correct the situation he would take a chance that the result would be a further erosion of his influence.

The King doesnt love his people enough to lose his own unique way of life. Its just Royal smoke & mirrors .

It isnt the color of the shirts they wear. Its the old " lipstick on a pig" routine. Any color will do.

Too bad because Thailand has a lot of good people with good hearts.

As far as corruption goes we live with it here in The USA. We just call it lobbying. They wear white shirts & ties or golf shirts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just checking into the new Thailand thread...

Actually, perhaps this is naive on my part, but I rather thought the main reason the King & royal family stay out of the mess is because he's a constitutional monarch with no actual political authority. The very moment he would descend into taking sides in active political matters would be the moment that he would lose his stature and authority and calming influence on the nation at large. He does the country a service by staying above the fray.

Timeline

Thanks for sharing your story. I just hope that you meant diversity! :lol:

It would seem the Embassy in Bangkok is trying to catch up with the one in HCMC, as more and more people are really getting hasseled and handed 221g's.

Good luck to you and your wife! :)

I can attest to that. My wife and I LIVED together in Thailand for 2 years, and we got 221g. I think they have some kind of checklist they go by.

I think the interview thing is a formality. I'm sure when my wife was lining up outside the Embassy at 6:45 AM, they already had the 221g waiting for her.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Just checking into the new Thailand thread...

Actually, perhaps this is naive on my part, but I rather thought the main reason the King & royal family stay out of the mess is because he's a constitutional monarch with no actual political authority. The very moment he would descend into taking sides in active political matters would be the moment that he would lose his stature and authority and calming influence on the nation at large. He does the country a service by staying above the fray.

The King didn't seem to have a problem in 2006 calling Thaksin to Hua Hin and dressing him down. I saw Thaksin go from an arrogant dictator to a crying baby in 2 hours on TV and call new elections.

I personally am very happy the way this all turned out. The Thai govt. handled this on their own with no royal intervention. The army should also get a big thank you. I think that says alot.

His passport is now revoked. He should be returned to Thailand to serve his sentence and answer the pending charges against him. He is a convicted criminal and a fugitive.

Abhisit has a chance to be a good leader. He would be wise to to go to Udon Thani or Khon Kaen, and spend alot of time there. He will surely not be welcome there, but he needs to do it. If he does that, he will truly be a leader of all Thais, not just the rich in Bangkok.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Way back in Thai history one of the Kings decided to let some of the people form a government that would represent the people. Thailand became the only constitutional monarchy in the world.

Its been down hill since then. The people arent represented by the government as much as oppressed by it. The corruption is rampant in the govenment & bleeds into the whole population.

The King or any of the Royal family will not take any tangible steps to controll the corrupt govenment or business because he & his family are part of it . If he did make any attempt to correct the situation he would take a chance that the result would be a further erosion of his influence.

The King doesnt love his people enough to lose his own unique way of life. Its just Royal smoke & mirrors .

It isnt the color of the shirts they wear. Its the old " lipstick on a pig" routine. Any color will do.

Too bad because Thailand has a lot of good people with good hearts.

As far as corruption goes we live with it here in The USA. We just call it lobbying. They wear white shirts & ties or golf shirts.

I disagree with both of these previous posts. If it were not for the King, Thailand would not be where it is today. Granted it is a mess now. Compare it to Laos, Cambodia, or Myanmar. The man deserves, and has earned the respect that he gets.

Thailand has alot of problems, but I think it's #1 asset is the King.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
The King didn't seem to have a problem in 2006 calling Thaksin to Hua Hin and dressing him down. I saw Thaksin go from an arrogant dictator to a crying baby in 2 hours on TV and call new elections.

I personally am very happy the way this all turned out. The Thai govt. handled this on their own with no royal intervention. The army should also get a big thank you. I think that says alot.

His passport is now revoked. He should be returned to Thailand to serve his sentence and answer the pending charges against him. He is a convicted criminal and a fugitive.

Abhisit has a chance to be a good leader. He would be wise to to go to Udon Thani or Khon Kaen, and spend alot of time there. He will surely not be welcome there, but he needs to do it. If he does that, he will truly be a leader of all Thais, not just the rich in Bangkok.

Scott, I don't follow Thai domestic politics nearly as closely as you do. I'm far more up to speed on the goings-on in the US, and to some extent in Canada and Israel where I still have interests, family, and most importantly - retirements savings!! :lol:

Anyway, by and large I agree with your assessment. I wish good riddance to Thaksin. And Abhisit seems to be a decent policy-wonk type fellow, Oxford educated economist. By golly they could really use some truly public-service oriented policy wonks right about now!

Regarding His passport is now revoked. He should be returned to Thailand to serve his sentence and answer the pending charges against him. He is a convicted criminal and a fugitive. which you wrote with respect to Thaksin . Well, all I could think of when I read those words was our beloved (????) esteemed (!!!!????) ex-governor of the great State of Illinois, Rod Blagojevich!! Do you think we can get Thaksin and Blago to be cellmates ?? :rofl:

I moved to Illinois last October, shortly before the whole Blago and Roland Burris circus got underway here. What a JOKE this state is!

Timeline

Scott, I don't follow Thai domestic politics nearly as closely as you do. I'm far more up to speed on the goings-on in the US, and to some extent in Canada and Israel where I still have interests, family, and most importantly - retirements savings!! :lol:

Anyway, by and large I agree with your assessment. I wish good riddance to Thaksin. And Abhisit seems to be a decent policy-wonk type fellow, Oxford educated economist. By golly they could really use some truly public-service oriented policy wonks right about now!

Regarding His passport is now revoked. He should be returned to Thailand to serve his sentence and answer the pending charges against him. He is a convicted criminal and a fugitive. which you wrote with respect to Thaksin . Well, all I could think of when I read those words was our beloved (????) esteemed (!!!!????) ex-governor of the great State of Illinois, Rod Blagojevich!! Do you think we can get Thaksin and Blago to be cellmates ?? :rofl:

I moved to Illinois last October, shortly before the whole Blago and Roland Burris circus got underway here. What a JOKE this state is!

Funny you mention Canada. I lived in Quebec for a couple years. I am ardent supporter of the PQ. Vive Quebec Libre!!

Another conversation on the Canada forum I guess.

I think a US jail is too good for Thaksin. He should go straight to Bang Kwang. Better yet a jail in Udon Thani, since he loves the Isaan people so much. See how much he likes Isaan from a jail cell there.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/1...raguan-passport

Sweet. I'm going out first thing in the morning and robbing a bank. Then I'll fly to Managua to pick up my passport.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.