redstarwarrior

Online Case Updates (Receipt Troubles)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I filed an IR1 which was routed to the service center in California (not that I think that matters). My packet was received on January 17th and they began processing it on the 19th. All is fine there...

The problem is that my receipt number will not show up on the website for tracking case updates. So, I called the USCIS NCSC and the first person I spoke to could not find the case in the system. He was very nice and helpful as much as he could be and shortly transferred me to another department to assist.

I had to wait 30 minutes for some woman to answer. She seemed like she was in a hurry and that I was inconveniencing her. She found my receipt in the system without a problem, but when I asked about the online website issue she told me (after asking four times, literally) that I would never see the case online because the "systems weren't meshing."

Anyone else get a delay before their case showed up on the website? If so, how long? Did some people never have their case show up? Did anyone get some equally stupid answer about why their case isn't showing up?

Sincerely,

Scott & Christine "Kiki" Cushman

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

That is my same situation. I am an October filer, and after i received my case number I tried for a couple of weeks but got the same message that my case was not on the system. I called and worked my way to talk to someone who after transferring me to the appropriate person, I was told that the system bla bla bla. That whenever I needed to get an update, I should always call instead. I tried online again last week to find same message. So, I'm just waiting till the 5 month mark before I bother calling again. Just take your mind off it for now, you still have some ways to go.

Filed: Timeline

hi redstar,

ricardo had the same problem so after 1 month he finally emailed them n got it fixed.

read it

sent off a case to California Service Center on Dec. 28, 2010 and got a priority date of Dec. 30, 2010 (super fast!. They were paid 2-3 days later. Bad thing is after 1 month the case was not online... no time to sit around USCIS's website everyday trying to check something that's not in their systems despite after calling them twice.

So...

On Sunday Jan. 30, 2010 sent them a nice email asking kindly for some action to be taken since I called twice and would like to use the resources given by USCIS and today made it 30 days since I was given the priority date. Issue addressed and fixed within 1 day as I got a response from then as follows...

Thank you for your inquiry. This email address is intended only for follow up on inquiries submitted through the USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283 or via TTY at 1-800-767-1833.

As a courtesy, we researched the status of your case based on your request. USCIS electronic records indicate that your application/petition was filed on December 30, 2010 and is currently within current processing time. We are currently processing cases filed within 5 months of filing.

NOTE: We have notified our IT Division to update the Case Status Online.

you can also read the his post

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293464-great-service-from-csc/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.