Mikhail

please I need help with this

9 posts in this topic

If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate (if married abroad

We were married abroad(hong kong), so when our marriage is reported that means my wife can go to the nso and ask for an nso copy of our marriage contract from HONG KONG correct? as it has now been reported that copy is now the equivalent of a marriage certificate from the philippines correct? So what exactly is the quote from the cfo website .........it says marriage contract duly authenticated by the PHILIPPINE EMBASSY if married abroad?????????? isnt everything all set when my marriage has been reported? Is this some extra step or something or another option or what? because any marriage abroad must be reported and all reported marriages will become available from the nso, right? so that means a marriage contract from anywere in the world on security paper from the nso is exactly what they want so why even..

i really need someone to tell what this is all about cuz ive asked this question about 3 times and nobody can give me a straight answer

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to Regional Forum...

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate (if married abroad

We were married abroad(hong kong), so when our marriage is reported that means my wife can go to the nso and ask for an nso copy of our marriage contract from HONG KONG correct? as it has now been reported that copy is now the equivalent of a marriage certificate from the philippines correct? So what exactly is the quote from the cfo website .........it says marriage contract duly authenticated by the PHILIPPINE EMBASSY if married abroad?????????? isnt everything all set when my marriage has been reported? Is this some extra step or something or another option or what? because any marriage abroad must be reported and all reported marriages will become available from the nso, right? so that means a marriage contract from anywere in the world on security paper from the nso is exactly what they want so why even..

i really need someone to tell what this is all about cuz ive asked this question about 3 times and nobody can give me a straight answer

If u got married in Hongkong and the marriage was not reported to the NSO or any Philippine Embassy abroad then it means there is no record on file . So she can't get it at NSO in the Philippines or abroad. Correct me if am wrong people.

I came here in 2007 and got married here on a K1 visa. Even though we got married here i still have to report our marriage to the Philippine Consulate here in Washington DC,,so the time I needed a certified marriage contract from NSO(in the Philippines) I was able to get one coz i reported my marriage here abroad and they forwarded my record to the Philippines.

I did get married in hong kong we are currently waiting for them to report it, but that is not the point, u either didnt read my questions and or situation or u didnt understand it because 1 ur case has nothing to do with mine and 2 u didnt even attempt to answer my question.. I love it when people try to answer questions that they dont know the answer to. If anyone on visajourney can help me with this please respond, thank you salamat

I did get married in hong kong we are currently waiting for them to report it, but that is not the point, u either didnt read my questions and or situation or u didnt understand it because 1 ur case has nothing to do with mine and 2 u didnt even attempt to answer my question.. I love it when people try to answer questions that they dont know the answer to. If anyone on visajourney can help me with this please respond, thank you salamat

:unsure::blush: So what was ur question??? U just said u asked this same question three (3)times already and no one asnwered ...So what does it mean then?? It just mean u did not ask the right question or ur questions are confusing that no one understands and no one dares to answer it..am i right???

U just said that u are currently waiting for them to report it?? My point is Hongkong will not report ur marriage to NSO in the Philippines. YOU Have to do it..u are the one who is responsible to report ur marriage .

Happyme did answer your question. She is correct. HK will not report your marriage to the NSO. It is your responsibility to report it.

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Oh and all of the cases here have nothing to do with each other. We may be filing for the same kind of visa but each case is different because no two circumstances are the same. Everyone here is just trying to help each other based on their experience so there is no need to make snappy remarks at someone who is just genuinely trying to help you. If you want, you can seek a lawyer's help, or else be content to hear answers from regular joes :)

My Journey:

I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Here are the requirements needed by the HK embassy to report marriage:

http://www.philcongen-hk.com/cru/index.htm

II. REPORT OF MARRIAGE (ROM)

Marriages between Filipinos solemnized in Hong Kong SAR should be reported to the Philippine Consulate General not later than twelve (12) months from occurrence, for transmittal to the Office of the Civil Registrar-General, National Statistics Office (NSO) in Manila. Marriages not registered within the period stated above are considered late, in which case, requirements for delayed registration will apply.

1. Marriage contract/certificate issued by the Hong Kong SAR Registry

Note: For marriages solemnized by Civil Celebrant of Marriage/Priest/ Reverend, please submit certified true copy of Certificate of Marriage issued by the Hong Kong Marriage Registry.

2. NSO authenticated Birth certificate of the wife;

3. Valid passport/ travel documents of the spouses; and

4. Duly accomplished Report of Marriage form.

Additional Requirements:

· Naturalization Documents – If either or both parties are naturalized Filipino (by election or recognition) or has reacquired Philippine citizenship (RA9225)

· If with previous marriage annulled: – If either or both parties has/have been married before and the marriage was annulled or declared null and void, such party or parties must secure a court order annulling or declaring the previous marriage as null and void and such order must be duly authenticated by DFA. NSO authenticated marriage certificate of previous with proper annotation will also be required.

· If widowed: Please submit as appropriate:

NSO-issued Death Certificate of the deceased spouse.

If there is no record of the death of his or her spouse from NSO, he or she must present a certificate of fact of death duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate having jurisdiction over the place where the document was issued.

Court Order on Presumptive Death of Spouse of Spouse and Certificate of Finality - NSO authenticated marriage certificate of previous with proper annotation is required together with the Court Order and Certificate of Finality.

(A widow may not contract marriage within 301 days from date of death of her husband, or before having delivered if she shall have been pregnant at the time of his death.)

· If divorced: If the divorce decree was obtained abroad, the Filipino spouse must: present to the PCG the NSO authenticated marriage certificate of previous marriage with annotation on divorce and the Court Order issued by a Philippine Court recognizing the divorce decree obtained abroad.

· NSO-issued Death Certificate of the deceased spouse – If the party seeking to register his or her marriage is a widower or widow, he or she must present an NSO authenticated death certificate which must be duly authenticated by DFA. If there is no record of the death of his or her spouse from NSO, he or she must present a certificate of fact of death from the civil registrar where the spouse died. (A widow may not contract marriage within 301 days from date of death of her husband, or before having delivered if she shall have been pregnant at the time of his death).

Ø FEE: HK$ 212. 50

Ø Processing Period: two (2) working days

Ø Original documents will be required upon processing together with three (3) photocopies. Photocopy of a document will be accepted provided it is authenticated/ CTC by DFA or the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate.

Ø The Consulate may require additional requirements deemed necessary

(Note: Party/ies who is/are physically unable to report the fact of marriage shall be required to execute a Special Power of Attorney authorizing someone on his, her, or their behalf to report such fact.

Report of Marriage by those residing abroad or in the Philippines

A Report of Marriage may be filed by: 1) at least one of the contracting parties; 2) a representative in Hong Kong authorized by the contracting parties with a Special Power of Attorney notarized by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) or a Philippine Embassy/Consulate.

If you are abroad or in the Philippines and wish to report through a representative in Hong Kong or by mail, please be informed that the following original or certified true copies of the documents are required:

Four (4) original copies of completed Report of Marriage forms;

Original or certified true copy of the Marriage Certificate issued in Hong Kong. (For a copy of the marriage certificate or to apply for post-registration of the marriage, please contact the Hong Kong Marriage Registration and Records Office directly at +852 28246111 or www.immd.gov.hk);

Birth certificate of the wife in security paper issued by the National Statistics Office. (To obtain this document, please visit www.ecensus.com.ph or call +632 7371111);

Photocopy of the respective data pages of the passports of the contracting parties;

Processing fee of HK$212.50 if reporting in person or through a representative; US$25 international money order/international bank draft payable to the “Philippine Consulate General Hong Kong” if reporting by mail;

Additional documents:

For contracting parties who are naturalized Filipinos, please provide copies of naturalization documents from the Bureau of Immigration and have them authenticated by the DFA;

For Filipino contracting parties who are widows/widowers, please provide the NSO death certificate of your spouse in security paper (To obtain this document, please visit www.ecensus.com.ph or call +632 7371111);

For Filipino contracting parties who are divorcees or whose marriage has been anulled, please provide the NSO marriage certificate in security paper with a court-ordered annotation stating that the marriage is null and void (To obtain this document, please visit www.ecensus.com.ph or call +632 7371111);

For contracting parties filing the Report of Marriage through a representative in Hong Kong, a Special Power of Attorney notarized by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) or a Philippine Embassy/Consulate.

When filing your Report of Marriage from abroad, we suggest that you appoint a representative as, in our experience, the process of reporting by mail is complicated and cumbersome for the applicant, especially if the abovementioned documents are not yet available. With a representative, you will have someone to gather all the required documents in Hong Kong and the Philippines.

If reporting by mail, the fee is US$25, which you can pay by sending a cashier’s check payable to the Philippine Consulate General, Hong Kong SAR or by sending a telegraphic transfer to the Philippine Consulate General’s US Dollar Acct. # 92000-32461-000016 with the Philippine National Bank (PNB), Hong Kong Branch, Worldwide House, 110-111 Queen’s Road, Central, Hong Kong. You may likewise authorize somebody to pay in person the amount of HK$ 212.50. If you wish to receive your copy of the processed Report also by mail, kindly also include payment for the courier service. (You may wish to check the appropriate fees of FEDEX or DHL from Hong Kong to destination for this purpose).

Bank charges must be paid by the applicant. Please instruct your bank to send us the corresponding credit advice of your payment remittance, with your full name and “payment for Report of Marriage” indicated in the message box. The Consulate General will start processing your application only upon bank confirmation of the receipt of payment and if the documents are in order. Fees are not refundable. The Consulate General also assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage through the mail

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Here are the requirements needed by the HK embassy to report marriage:

http://www.philcongen-hk.com/cru/index.htm

II. REPORT OF MARRIAGE (ROM)

Marriages between Filipinos solemnized in Hong Kong SAR should be reported to the Philippine Consulate General not later than twelve (12) months from occurrence, for transmittal to the Office of the Civil Registrar-General, National Statistics Office (NSO) in Manila. Marriages not registered within the period stated above are considered late, in which case, requirements for delayed registration will apply.

1. Marriage contract/certificate issued by the Hong Kong SAR Registry

Note: For marriages solemnized by Civil Celebrant of Marriage/Priest/ Reverend, please submit certified true copy of Certificate of Marriage issued by the Hong Kong Marriage Registry.

2. NSO authenticated Birth certificate of the wife;

3. Valid passport/ travel documents of the spouses; and

4. Duly accomplished Report of Marriage form.

Additional Requirements:

· Naturalization Documents – If either or both parties are naturalized Filipino (by election or recognition) or has reacquired Philippine citizenship (RA9225)

· If with previous marriage annulled: – If either or both parties has/have been married before and the marriage was annulled or declared null and void, such party or parties must secure a court order annulling or declaring the previous marriage as null and void and such order must be duly authenticated by DFA. NSO authenticated marriage certificate of previous with proper annotation will also be required.

· If widowed: Please submit as appropriate:

NSO-issued Death Certificate of the deceased spouse.

If there is no record of the death of his or her spouse from NSO, he or she must present a certificate of fact of death duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate having jurisdiction over the place where the document was issued.

Court Order on Presumptive Death of Spouse of Spouse and Certificate of Finality - NSO authenticated marriage certificate of previous with proper annotation is required together with the Court Order and Certificate of Finality.

(A widow may not contract marriage within 301 days from date of death of her husband, or before having delivered if she shall have been pregnant at the time of his death.)

· If divorced: If the divorce decree was obtained abroad, the Filipino spouse must: present to the PCG the NSO authenticated marriage certificate of previous marriage with annotation on divorce and the Court Order issued by a Philippine Court recognizing the divorce decree obtained abroad.

· NSO-issued Death Certificate of the deceased spouse – If the party seeking to register his or her marriage is a widower or widow, he or she must present an NSO authenticated death certificate which must be duly authenticated by DFA. If there is no record of the death of his or her spouse from NSO, he or she must present a certificate of fact of death from the civil registrar where the spouse died. (A widow may not contract marriage within 301 days from date of death of her husband, or before having delivered if she shall have been pregnant at the time of his death).

Ø FEE: HK$ 212. 50

Ø Processing Period: two (2) working days

Ø Original documents will be required upon processing together with three (3) photocopies. Photocopy of a document will be accepted provided it is authenticated/ CTC by DFA or the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate.

Ø The Consulate may require additional requirements deemed necessary

(Note: Party/ies who is/are physically unable to report the fact of marriage shall be required to execute a Special Power of Attorney authorizing someone on his, her, or their behalf to report such fact.

Report of Marriage by those residing abroad or in the Philippines

A Report of Marriage may be filed by: 1) at least one of the contracting parties; 2) a representative in Hong Kong authorized by the contracting parties with a Special Power of Attorney notarized by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) or a Philippine Embassy/Consulate.

If you are abroad or in the Philippines and wish to report through a representative in Hong Kong or by mail, please be informed that the following original or certified true copies of the documents are required:

Four (4) original copies of completed Report of Marriage forms;

Original or certified true copy of the Marriage Certificate issued in Hong Kong. (For a copy of the marriage certificate or to apply for post-registration of the marriage, please contact the Hong Kong Marriage Registration and Records Office directly at +852 28246111 or www.immd.gov.hk);

Birth certificate of the wife in security paper issued by the National Statistics Office. (To obtain this document, please visit www.ecensus.com.ph or call +632 7371111);

Photocopy of the respective data pages of the passports of the contracting parties;

Processing fee of HK$212.50 if reporting in person or through a representative; US$25 international money order/international bank draft payable to the “Philippine Consulate General Hong Kong” if reporting by mail;

Additional documents:

For contracting parties who are naturalized Filipinos, please provide copies of naturalization documents from the Bureau of Immigration and have them authenticated by the DFA;

For Filipino contracting parties who are widows/widowers, please provide the NSO death certificate of your spouse in security paper (To obtain this document, please visit www.ecensus.com.ph or call +632 7371111);

For Filipino contracting parties who are divorcees or whose marriage has been anulled, please provide the NSO marriage certificate in security paper with a court-ordered annotation stating that the marriage is null and void (To obtain this document, please visit www.ecensus.com.ph or call +632 7371111);

For contracting parties filing the Report of Marriage through a representative in Hong Kong, a Special Power of Attorney notarized by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) or a Philippine Embassy/Consulate.

When filing your Report of Marriage from abroad, we suggest that you appoint a representative as, in our experience, the process of reporting by mail is complicated and cumbersome for the applicant, especially if the abovementioned documents are not yet available. With a representative, you will have someone to gather all the required documents in Hong Kong and the Philippines.

If reporting by mail, the fee is US$25, which you can pay by sending a cashier’s check payable to the Philippine Consulate General, Hong Kong SAR or by sending a telegraphic transfer to the Philippine Consulate General’s US Dollar Acct. # 92000-32461-000016 with the Philippine National Bank (PNB), Hong Kong Branch, Worldwide House, 110-111 Queen’s Road, Central, Hong Kong. You may likewise authorize somebody to pay in person the amount of HK$ 212.50. If you wish to receive your copy of the processed Report also by mail, kindly also include payment for the courier service. (You may wish to check the appropriate fees of FEDEX or DHL from Hong Kong to destination for this purpose).

Bank charges must be paid by the applicant. Please instruct your bank to send us the corresponding credit advice of your payment remittance, with your full name and “payment for Report of Marriage” indicated in the message box. The Consulate General will start processing your application only upon bank confirmation of the receipt of payment and if the documents are in order. Fees are not refundable. The Consulate General also assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage through the mail

Thank you. Been a member here for a while. I had helped so many people here i don't even know based on my own experiences and not someone elses'. I would not comment or make replies to questions that i don;t have the right answer.

Like i said VJ and it's members had been a great help in my journey so i am here to help those who needs it the best way I could.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.