Maxx121

Can parents attend the Interviewe?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I read that if you are under 22 your parents have to attend the interview with you, is this true? Even if its not, can they come anyway?

My SO is 19 and she is worried about the interview because of her age and wants to make sure if her parents can come with her.

Thanks in advance.

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-23

Touch: 2010-08-02

Touch: 2010-10-03

NOA2: 2010-01-10

Interview: 2011-02-08 - Approved

Visa Printed: 2011-02-10

Sent to 2Go: 2011-02-14 (scheduled for noon delivery as per consulate)

Pckup @ 2Go: 2011-02-15 (Will hold at routing Hub for same day pick up)

POE (LAX): 2011-02-16

I did the interview with my fiance, She was 20. Parents were not needed at interview. If you are going to the interview with her, I would think they would let the parents go to the interview, You would just have to be firm and tell the guard (Philipine Security Gaurd aka Rent a Cop) at the front gate that her parents are coming in. Being an American in Philippines has it prviliges

If you are not with her at the USEM then I would say it's a ####### shoot if they can get in or not.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

No I don't think they will be allowed in. And it might look bad too, like she is not independent enough and the CO might think she is not ready to marry and deny her. You never know. She will be okay, there will be many other k1 applicants there that she can talk to and as long as she has complete documents and the relationship is legit then she has nothing to worry about. just tell her to smile and answer all questions directly and be confident. there were no denials the day i did my interview (well at the time i was there i mean, from 630-10am) and all our k1 interviews lasted about 5-10 minutes only

I forgot to add GOODLUCK and God Bless!! She will be okay! :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

No I don't think they will be allowed in. And it might look bad too, like she is not independent enough and the CO might think she is not ready to marry and deny her.

You are way overthinking the process...

It may apper to the CO's that the parents stand behind and support their daughther :innocent::innocent::innocent:

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

What I remeber is parents are to accompany children under the age of 16 or send a signed consent form (DS3053 I think). This is for bringing [step]children to the US as you must be 18 to marry in the Philippines.

A Fil under the age of 22 needs parental permissin to marry and 22-24 needs parental consent.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

A Fil under the age of 22 needs parental permissin to marry and 22-24 needs parental consent.

From what I remember, it's been a few years.

USEM doesn't care if the girl is 18 or 80, they just care that she can legally marry.

It's the Philippines who cares about the Parental Permission / and or Parental Consent at CFO. And I think they overlook the parental consent most of the times.

I really can't give you an answer but I think I found what you're talking about....

Embassy

Hopefully those who are smarter than me can give some more info now.

You are way overthinking the process...

It may apper to the CO's that the parents stand behind and support their daughther :innocent::innocent::innocent:

lol sorry.. didn't mean for it to come out as rude or anything.. i am just saying she will be fine by herself, no need to worry :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

lol sorry.. didn't mean for it to come out as rude or anything.. i am just saying she will be fine by herself, no need to worry :)

I never thought you were rude :innocent:

Agreed, she will be fine at USEM, in my opinion it all over once you get the interview at the USEM. The actual interview is just a formality.........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well she just finished up the Medical and she was nervous about the whole trip but like i told her its nothing. The interview is prolly a bit more but like you guys say its a formality.

But just to be on the safe side i will print out the above link, thanks B_J, and have her take it with her. Will make the both of us feel a little better to have them their.

I just came back from a trip to the phils for thanksgiving and just cant shell out the cash for another trip right now or i would just go with her. so thats the next best thing i think.

Thanks for the input all.

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-23

Touch: 2010-08-02

Touch: 2010-10-03

NOA2: 2010-01-10

Interview: 2011-02-08 - Approved

Visa Printed: 2011-02-10

Sent to 2Go: 2011-02-14 (scheduled for noon delivery as per consulate)

Pckup @ 2Go: 2011-02-15 (Will hold at routing Hub for same day pick up)

POE (LAX): 2011-02-16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.