sweetheidz

consul's question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! My kids (13 & 12 yrs old) has a scheduled interview in manila philippines in March. NVC approved an IR2 for them. I was just wondering what will the consul ask my children? My mom will accompany them, does my mom need a letter from us that she's the legal guardian of my kids? Thank you so much.

The interviewing officer won't ask your kids a whole lot, I can assure you. It's merely a formality. Your mom would need to show two photo IDs with signature to be allowed inside. Not entirely sure she will need that letter, but it would be a good idea to have it just in case the interviewing officer needs it for their records.

Hi! My kids (13 & 12 yrs old) has a scheduled interview in manila philippines in March. NVC approved an IR2 for them. I was just wondering what will the consul ask my children? My mom will accompany them, does my mom need a letter from us that she's the legal guardian of my kids? Thank you so much.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Hey there, my kids (13 & 9) just got here on an IR2 visa last Nov 2010. Yes the consul will ask ur kids basic questions about u and the petitioner. Make sure they know u and the petitioner's bday, what he does for a living, etc.,etc. and DO NOT forget to have ur kids photos of u and them together(one of the things they asked from my kids during their interview).

My mom accompanied them to the interview.I went home after they had their visa on hand to travel with them back to the US.

Did u send ur mom an SPA authorizing her to accompany ur kids to the interview? Ur mom needs an AUTHENTICATED SPA from the US Philippine Consulate as ur kids needs this document to get their CFO. U can message me so i can help u. Like i said i went home Nov 13.2010 to get my kids and they're finally here with us.

The interviewing officer won't ask your kids a whole lot, I can assure you. It's merely a formality. Your mom would need to show two photo IDs with signature to be allowed inside. Not entirely sure she will need that letter, but it would be a good idea to have it just in case the interviewing officer needs it for their records.

I heared that word "formality" for the kids to be asked by the consul. But we better make sure the kids can answer the questions. A friend of mine also filed a petition for her 2 kids. One was not able to answer the question and made the consul think something is wrong with that child (the child was so nervous that he wasnt able to asnwer his birthdate correctly.

To make the story short.. my friend was only able to bring one child(her daughter and the son was not able to travel) . The son had to undergo some kind of psychiatric test to see if there is nothing wrong with him.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey there, my kids (13 & 9) just got here on an IR2 visa last Nov 2010. Yes the consul will ask ur kids basic questions about u and the petitioner. Make sure they know u and the petitioner's bday, what he does for a living, etc.,etc. and DO NOT forget to have ur kids photos of u and them together(one of the things they asked from my kids during their interview).

My mom accompanied them to the interview.I went home after they had their visa on hand to travel with them back to the US.

Did u send ur mom an SPA authorizing her to accompany ur kids to the interview? Ur mom needs an AUTHENTICATED SPA from the US Philippine Consulate as ur kids needs this document to get their CFO. U can message me so i can help u. Like i said i went home Nov 13.2010 to get my kids and they're finally here with us.

Thank you so much for the reply, i really appreciate it. To get an SPA, does the US Phil Consulate write that? Or do I write it and just let them authenticate it? My kids picture with my hubby and I was taken 2005, will that be ok? Again, thank you so much.

Thank you so much for the reply, i really appreciate it. To get an SPA, does the US Phil Consulate write that? Or do I write it and just let them authenticate it? My kids picture with my hubby and I was taken 2005, will that be ok? Again, thank you so much.

U make ur own Special Power of Attorney and have it authenticated before sending it to u t mom. ABout the picture i think it's ok if the pic was 5 yrs. ago.what is important is u have pictures of u with ur kids proving that u are the mother..ex. pic of u with them when they were still a baby till now or something like that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.