marklovetina

cancelled approved k1...

11 posts in this topic

we have an approved k1 Yr. 2009 and reached here in the US consulate, Phil. but for personal reason we decided to withdrew it and last Oct. 2010 we re-filed a k1 again, now waiting for our noa2... i am just worried and wondering too if it will affect our new petition... some says our previous k1 is dead... does this mean we dont have to worry about it anymore...? really confuse, and even i dont wanna think about it anymore it is still there in one corner of my mind thinking what will happen to this 2nd application.... will it affect our new k1? :(:no::huh::blush::ph34r::wacko::huh2::sleepy:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Dont really know the answer, but my guess is it shouldnt matter. There might be some questions that come up at the interview. Of course you guys had to put on the I-129F that your fiance applied for you before. In your case it shouldnt be any issue. too bad you didnt have a good feeling on how long your stuff was going to take and just tell them that you wanted to keep the approved one active. I am sure you guys wont have any major problems. Good luck!

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Dont really know the answer, but my guess is it shouldnt matter. There might be some questions that come up at the interview. Of course you guys had to put on the I-129F that your fiance applied for you before. In your case it shouldnt be any issue. too bad you didnt have a good feeling on how long your stuff was going to take and just tell them that you wanted to keep the approved one active. I am sure you guys wont have any major problems. Good luck!

hi there scott! congratulations on ur baby! :dance::thumbs:

well yes we did put on our I-129F about our previous approved k1, hope sooo that it will not be a big issue in our case... yes we're ready about the questions that may come up during the interview we really just hope that the outcome of this 2nd petition will be really good, we been waiting long for this to happen and hope that they will give us another chance so we can start our happy life together...

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Thanks. Yeah I wouldnt think that you guys will have any problems with your petition. Everything can be explained once you get to the interview. Hopefully you guys get an approval soon...VSC needs to get their act together! :devil: Hopefully the estimate is wrong by a couple of months :thumbs:

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Don't think it would matter.. at least it is the same petitioner still :) I wish you the best! Is he coming for your interview? Hope you get your second noa2 soon! God bless!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Thanks. Yeah I wouldnt think that you guys will have any problems with your petition. Everything can be explained once you get to the interview. Hopefully you guys get an approval soon...VSC needs to get their act together! :devil: Hopefully the estimate is wrong by a couple of months :thumbs:

YW!, and really praying that we get approve once again...soon... :yes::dance::blush:...

now that we already corrected the problem in our previous petition i am really confident now... VSC is really slow right now but in fairness to them i think they're moving once again and hope that they continue to approve k1 petitions so we will be next in line ^_^:yes::dancing::wub:

Don't think it would matter.. at least it is the same petitioner still :) I wish you the best! Is he coming for your interview? Hope you get your second noa2 soon! God bless!

hi miss cute girl... u know u are one of my fave couple here in VJ, bagay na bagay kau... both beautiful... thank u for wishing us best and for the good luck in our noa2... really appreciated, yeah my fiance will be coming to my interview so at least he can give me support if ever the CO ask me lots of questions about the previous k1....

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

I would think in the end it will go thru. I would expect delays. I have not seen a case like yours, but I am sure you are not the first.

Might of been faster if you filed a CR1 visa after you cancelled a K1.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

I would think in the end it will go thru. I would expect delays. I have not seen a case like yours, but I am sure you are not the first.

Might of been faster if you filed a CR1 visa after you cancelled a K1.

hi there.. u know what me too, i think, or maybe yes there will be delays bcoz of the previous k1 that we cancelled.. but i've known someone who had a same case like mine, she still went to her interview and she was denied and was brought to the fraud unit in the US embassy but my case we didnt pursue it.. but we voluntarily withdrew it, i didnt go to my medical or even to my interview... i didnt submit any docs. to them.... but this person i knew filed for 2nd k1 but cacelled it again then filed CR1 and now she have a manila case no. now... ready to go to her interview soon...

Edited by godsgift
N-400:

My Group

My Blog

hi there.. u know what me too, i think, or maybe yes there will be delays bcoz of the previous k1 that we cancelled.. but i've known someone who had a same case like mine, she still went to her interview and she was denied and was brought to the fraud unit in the US embassy but my case we didnt pursue it.. but we voluntarily withdrew it, i didnt go to my medical or even to my interview... i didnt submit any docs. to them.... but this person i knew filed for 2nd k1 but cacelled it again then filed CR1 and now she have a manila case no. now... ready to go to her interview soon...

what she told me is that when she was brought to the FU the officer told her to fix her problem 1st before filing once again the k1.... and they did.. but bcoz they want to be husband and wife they married and file in the 3rd time the CR1...

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Good thing he is coming.. it will help alot, it certainly did for us :) And thanks!! Military fiances need to stick together! :P

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Good thing he is coming.. it will help alot, it certainly did for us :) And thanks!! Military fiances need to stick together! :P

yeah its our original plan even before when we had our 1st K1... :luv: that's why praying hard that God and the USCIS and the US embassy give us another chance on this 2nd petition...

Edited by godsgift
N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.