scotchland5206

I-134 query

8 posts in this topic

So I received my email notification of my NOA2 (yay!) last Thurs, the 20th.

Looking for a bit of reassurance to be honest about the financial affadavit...

My fiance (USC) was promoted on the 3rd of Jan (good timing) and now has a fixed salary of $32,000

I know that this is well over the 125% poverty guideline for a household of 2, I think it's just under $20,000 but I can't help but worry.

He doesn't have any savings and can't really use his house as it's his mum's name on the mortage, so it'll just be the $32,000 on the I-134

Will this be enough to satify the requirements...?

I could possibly ask my sister-in-law to be a co-sponsor but I'd rather not... :unsure:

Apart from that all going well since the NOA2 : my police cert hasn't showed up yet, my mmr jab has been postponed cos I'm on antibiotics, and my local health authority can't do the tdapv so I'll have to pay for it at the medical!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Here's a link to the poverty guidelines. As I understand it you will use the row for 2 people and the column for 100% during your interview and 125% for your AOS. Either way you guys are well above the minimum!

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

I-129F

NOA1- August 23,2010

NOA2- January 24, 2011 (NOA1-NOA2: 154 days)

NVC Receive- January 31, 2011

NVC Sent- February 1, 2011

Consulate Receive- February 3, 2011

Consulate Sent Packet 3- March 10, 2011 (CDJ Receive-Packet 3 sent: 35 days)

Receive Packet 3 in U.S.- March 21, 2011

ASC Appointment- March 23, 2011

Interview- March 24, 2011

Crossed into the U.S.- April 7, 2011

A.O.S.

I-485 in the mail- June 14, 2011

I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox- June 16, 2011

NOA1- June 17, 2011

event.png

so it'll just be the $32,000 on the I-134

Will this be enough to satify the requirements...?

ABSOLUTELY!!! London won't look at the I-134 more than two seconds with that kind of salary.

Apart from that all going well since the NOA2 : my police cert hasn't showed up yet, my mmr jab has been postponed cos I'm on antibiotics, and my local health authority can't do the tdapv so I'll have to pay for it at the medical!!

They don't have Tdap in the UK. It's a US shot concocted for teens and adults. Get the baby shot DTP in the UK and that will meet the requirements of AOS if that's what you're working toward. The Tdap is just a little weaker in the diptheria and pertussis part. That's what my husband got free from NHS. Or pay for it at Knightsbridge.(They appear to have a supply of Tdap since they list it) Remember you can get the visa without shots, but it does make AOS smoother having them out of the way and recorded on the visa medical immunization sheet.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

ABSOLUTELY!!! London won't look at the I-134 more than two seconds with that kind of salary.

They don't have Tdap in the UK. It's a US shot concocted for teens and adults. Get the baby shot DTP in the UK and that will meet the requirements of AOS if that's what you're working toward. The Tdap is just a little weaker in the diptheria and pertussis part. That's what my husband got free from NHS. Or pay for it at Knightsbridge.(They appear to have a supply of Tdap since they list it) Remember you can get the visa without shots, but it does make AOS smoother having them out of the way and recorded on the visa medical immunization sheet.

Hi Nich-Nick, thank you so much. It's really great to get a bit of reassurance from someone who's been through the process already :-)

I won't bother my sister-in-law then, phew, one less thing to worry about...!

That's incredibly helpful info re the Tdap/Dtp. I'll phone my doctor again about that. I think they're sick of me; haven't been to the doctor in months now I'm on the phone nearly every day...lol It'd would great to not have to pay £25 for it at the medical.

Anyway, thanks again :thumbs:

Hi Nich-Nick, thank you so much. It's really great to get a bit of reassurance from someone who's been through the process already :-)

I won't bother my sister-in-law then, phew, one less thing to worry about...!

That's incredibly helpful info re the Tdap/Dtp. I'll phone my doctor again about that. I think they're sick of me; haven't been to the doctor in months now I'm on the phone nearly every day...lol It'd would great to not have to pay £25 for it at the medical.

Anyway, thanks again :thumbs:

Correction: Knightsbridge doesn't list Tdap either. The list is made by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) in the US, so that's why it lists drugs that may not be readily available worldwide. You could wait until you're in the US to finish up, but I would try for the DTP. Actually any of these are acceptable for AOS according to USCIS information:

Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DTaP

The capital letters indicate a stronger dose in the mix, while lower case indicates a lower dosage more suitable for adults. My husband took the baby shot and his AOS went through without seeing (paying!) a civil surgeon in the US to fill out an new immunization record (I-693). Be sure to tell them you had chickenpox or you will need a varicella shot, also not available in the UK. Knightsbridge will take your word for it since most kids in the UK get chickenpox at one time or another.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Correction: Knightsbridge doesn't list Tdap either. The list is made by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) in the US, so that's why it lists drugs that may not be readily available worldwide. You could wait until you're in the US to finish up, but I would try for the DTP. Actually any of these are acceptable for AOS according to USCIS information:

Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DTaP

The capital letters indicate a stronger dose in the mix, while lower case indicates a lower dosage more suitable for adults. My husband took the baby shot and his AOS went through without seeing (paying!) a civil surgeon in the US to fill out an new immunization record (I-693). Be sure to tell them you had chickenpox or you will need a varicella shot, also not available in the UK. Knightsbridge will take your word for it since most kids in the UK get chickenpox at one time or another.

That's great, I'm getting my mmr booster next Wed so maybe they can give me the DTP shot then as well...Then ask my doctor for an updated vacc record...Then run and hide from the receptionist!!

The doctor has on my record that I had chickenpox, as well as the little white marks I have on my face... :-)

Thanks again for the info :D

That's great, I'm getting my mmr booster next Wed so maybe they can give me the DTP shot then as well...Then ask my doctor for an updated vacc record...Then run and hide from the receptionist!!

The doctor has on my record that I had chickenpox, as well as the little white marks I have on my face... :-)

Thanks again for the info :D

If the doctor has a record, then get him to add it and the date to the vacc list. My husband's NHS office just typed up the vaccs and date of chickenpox on letterhead and signed it. LOL about the receptionist. She's probably the one who will have to type the list.

And when you get to AOS, you will start reading everybody telling you to go to a civil surgeon to re-do your vacc list on an I-693. Knightsbridge will give you a copy of the DS-3025 (their vacc worksheet) when you leave. If it has

MMR, DTP, and "VH" written by varicella

Results section says "Incomplete, may be eligible for blanket waiver"

Doctor signed and dated it

then you do NOT have to get an I-693 done in the US. I know lots and lots of UK people who had the same experience. Mail a photocopy of that DS-3025 from Knightsbridge with your AOS package. Now if you should file AOS after next years flu season starts (Oct 1) it is likely they will want to see evidence of a flu shot since your exam now is within flu season. That a new requirement for all ages since November and not just for over 50s anymore. Or ask your NHS for a flu shot when you're there if you don't mind the jab. Flu shots get to be a timing issue.

The rule is--

*If it wasn't flu season (Oct 1-Mar 31) on the date of the visa exam then no flu shot required no matter when you AOS is mailed.

*If it is flu season at your visa exam date (you), but your AOS is received out of flu season (Apr 1-Sept30) then they also excuse the flu shot because you applied for AOS at a time of the year it wouldn't be required.

Confused yet??? Read it a couple of times and it will make sense. Then print it off for future reference at AOS time because you won't remember this advice and you will be bombarded with people saying to go pay for an I-693.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

If the doctor has a record, then get him to add it and the date to the vacc list. My husband's NHS office just typed up the vaccs and date of chickenpox on letterhead and signed it. LOL about the receptionist. She's probably the one who will have to type the list.

And when you get to AOS, you will start reading everybody telling you to go to a civil surgeon to re-do your vacc list on an I-693. Knightsbridge will give you a copy of the DS-3025 (their vacc worksheet) when you leave. If it has

MMR, DTP, and "VH" written by varicella

Results section says "Incomplete, may be eligible for blanket waiver"

Doctor signed and dated it

then you do NOT have to get an I-693 done in the US. I know lots and lots of UK people who had the same experience. Mail a photocopy of that DS-3025 from Knightsbridge with your AOS package. Now if you should file AOS after next years flu season starts (Oct 1) it is likely they will want to see evidence of a flu shot since your exam now is within flu season. That a new requirement for all ages since November and not just for over 50s anymore. Or ask your NHS for a flu shot when you're there if you don't mind the jab. Flu shots get to be a timing issue.

The rule is--

*If it wasn't flu season (Oct 1-Mar 31) on the date of the visa exam then no flu shot required no matter when you AOS is mailed.

*If it is flu season at your visa exam date (you), but your AOS is received out of flu season (Apr 1-Sept30) then they also excuse the flu shot because you applied for AOS at a time of the year it wouldn't be required.

Confused yet??? Read it a couple of times and it will make sense. Then print it off for future reference at AOS time because you won't remember this advice and you will be bombarded with people saying to go pay for an I-693.

I just have to say: :wow: Your knowledge is amazing! Us newbies on here are lucky to have someone like you on here, seriously! Sorry if that sounds cheesy...

I hope when I'm a bit further along in this process I can start to answer some folks' questions instead of asking them all the time!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.