Om&Abo Malik

including foreign spouses income

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

i have read the instructions for I-864 and sponsorship and it states that foreign spouses income can be included "regardless" of where they live. Under certain circumstances. which i believe mine are acceptable.

I have 2 questions

1. Do i fill out another I-864 for my husband or an I-864a? I was going to go home at time of filing and combine income with my mom to meet the guidelines.

2. If his income is in another currency do i state it as that on the form or do i convert it by the current conversion rate to US dollar?

thanks anyone who has experience with this sharing input

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello everyone.

i have read the instructions for I-864 and sponsorship and it states that foreign spouses income can be included "regardless" of where they live. Under certain circumstances. which i believe mine are acceptable.

I have 2 questions

1. Do i fill out another I-864 for my husband or an I-864a? I was going to go home at time of filing and combine income with my mom to meet the guidelines.

2. If his income is in another currency do i state it as that on the form or do i convert it by the current conversion rate to US dollar?

thanks anyone who has experience with this sharing input

Hi could you give more info about your case?

Is your husband in F2A category?, do you live in the U.S.? is your income below the poverty guideline for this year?

if your aswer to my above questions is YES, so you're on the same boat as me. I used my husband foreign savings to help me meet the poverty line. He just converted all his savings from his currency to dolar, (the currency rate is writen in the countrys us embassy website i believe). He just received a letter from NVC that it does appear that the petitioner don't meet the poverty guideline but NVC leave it to the embassy to decide and that YOU can send a joint Sponsor for that.

Listen to me 100% of the case use joint sponsor. I searchede for almost 6-months and i didn't have any choice to show his savings. If you have one, you're very lucky

Hi could you give more info about your case?

Is your husband in F2A category?, do you live in the U.S.? is your income below the poverty guideline for this year?

if your aswer to my above questions is YES, so you're on the same boat as me. I used my husband foreign savings to help me meet the poverty line. He just converted all his savings from his currency to dolar, (the currency rate is writen in the countrys us embassy website i believe). He just received a letter from NVC that it does appear that the petitioner don't meet the poverty guideline but NVC leave it to the embassy to decide and that YOU can send a joint Sponsor for that.

Listen to me 100% of the case use joint sponsor. I searchede for almost 6-months and i didn't have any choice to show his savings. If you have one, you're very lucky

hi mitra

i live in egypt with my husband and i have been here since june. I was planning to file dcf here in cairo and then return home (if approved) and send the sponsorship papers from there. I will be going to my moms and including her income with mine to meet the requirement. I can't meet the requirement alone as i am without income while living here.

not sure which form to fill out to include my husbands income

thanks for the answer to my second question

good luck hope all goes well with you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

hi mitra

i live in egypt with my husband and i have been here since june. I was planning to file dcf here in cairo and then return home (if approved) and send the sponsorship papers from there. I will be going to my moms and including her income with mine to meet the requirement. I can't meet the requirement alone as i am without income while living here.

not sure which form to fill out to include my husbands income

thanks for the answer to my second question

good luck hope all goes well with you

I'm in the same situation as you except that i don't have a Momthere:)

when I filed form I-864, i added my husband bank statements as document that I meet the poverty line, but as i told you NVC asks me for a joint sponsor.

you mon if she is joint sponsor she filles out another I-864, but if you use your mom's income and she lives in your household, i think she with you must fill out a

i-864D? or something like that(instead of i-864 for her). you cn find the explanation in form i-864 regarding that.

good luck for you too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.