KittyPollitt

The hoping not to be denied at Casablanca thread

753 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

How did they know of his past relationship? Sorry, just curious.

On the K1 application you have to answer yes or no to have you ever filed a visa application? He filed a visitor visa 3 yrs ago. When the CO asked him about the visitor visa, she said "who were you going to visit?" and my fiance told the truth.....he was going to see her. So that led her to other questions about her and their relationship.

don't be sorry, happy to share!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

On the K1 application you have to answer yes or no to have you ever filed a visa application? He filed a visitor visa 3 yrs ago. When the CO asked him about the visitor visa, she said "who were you going to visit?" and my fiance told the truth.....he was going to see her. So that led her to other questions about her and their relationship.

don't be sorry, happy to share!!!

I'm really amazed that they even gave you the reasons of denial. Thanks for sharing :)

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey I'ld like to know if I can get those Links getting ready for my coming turn wish the best for everybody.thanks in Advance.

This is what I posted when Nicole first got denied:

Ok Nicole...first off BREATH...many of us have been through this...we got our 221(g) in June. 1st thing u need to do is call & email the consulate...find out what they tell u, see if the case has been returned yet. Also u need to contact your senator or congressman. We r working with our Senator. Also, has your fiance sent u a copy of the form they gave him yet? I'm assuming it is a refussal worksheet marked 221(g). If the consulate replies back that your case as been returned to USCIS & give u the diplomatic pouch #, then u can call the pouch tracking # (i believe i posted it on here: Sent Back to USCIS thread (If u can't find it, feel free to msg me) If there is a pouch #, then the case should have left the consulate (according to how they r handled...no pouch # is assigned till the case is leaving). If not, call and try to speak with the conular chief, get as many details as u can, go through the questions asked at the interview (everything is asked for a reason). Also, if its still at the consulate you can try sending in a rebuttle letter (after u figure out the reason from the interview questions) & get letters of support from family & friends. Don't let up...do the same with the Senator's office, each office has an individual that handles visa cases...find them & send them all your info. The more u push, the more serious u seem, and hopefully the quicker the case will be reviewed. Are u through CSC or VSC? (i don't remember...sorry) CSC seems to be reviewing the returned K1s now...u can also make sure that they renew the expiration on your case to give it time to be reviewed, etc.

Ok...i'm sure there is more...but i think that will get u started. Let me know if you have any questions. And check out these sites:

http://www.visajourn...tates-via-221g/

http://www.visajourn...ablanca-thread/

Best of luck & stay strong...we r all here to help. And as for someones suggestion to hire a lawyer...i have mixed reviews on that...I did it all myself with the help of my Senator's office. I think most of the info u need should be here, unless u have special circumstances in your case. You can also msg Marc Ellis on here & he will give u pointers regarding your case. You can find him here: http://www.visajourn...service-center/

Monica :)

It has helped ...... thanks for posting the link. :)

So sorry to hear about the denial...we are all here for u.

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

Hi everyone......just wanted to give a little update on where we are 10 days post denial. First of all, I would not have know what to do without all of your posts, special thanks to Monica.......you are awesome. I have emailed the counsolate everyday and FINALLY got an email Thursday with the SPECIFIC

Glad to help :) I'm really suprised u were able to get an actual reason for the denial too...we just got the generic "you have to wait, we dont have the case, etc". And as for your case "sitting in Casa" from what I know that's not very common for the K1s, so hopefully the Consular Chief will be able to help when u call. And since they were able to give u a reason, then they would have to have the case to look at to be able to give it....so maybe u'll get lucky & catch it in time INSHALLAH!! Just keep on top of them.

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

So 3 people were denied recently?

sweetcitywife1

nicole

&

agv1974

Casa really does seem to go in spurts of approvals and then spurts of denials - at least from what is seen on VJ.

We were denied about two years ago, and my husband has been in the US a couple of months ago after we were approved after refling. What worked for us was being persistent, being direct, and not giving up. I contacted them by letter, email, and phone when it was appropriate and/or necessary. I was always respectful and direct. I kept every email, and when possible and appropriate referenced what was said previously on specific dates, etc. For us I really believe that being consistent and not giving up was the key. Also, re: any of the interviews or conversations my husband has with the consulate, we took the approach that they automatically believe it's fraud (because of Morocco's reputation) & he has to interact in such a way that disproves that assumption; I think that also helped.

Good luck to all who are struggling through this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Glad to help :) I'm really suprised u were able to get an actual reason for the denial too...we just got the generic "you have to wait, we dont have the case, etc". And as for your case "sitting in Casa" from what I know that's not very common for the K1s, so hopefully the Consular Chief will be able to help when u call. And since they were able to give u a reason, then they would have to have the case to look at to be able to give it....so maybe u'll get lucky & catch it in time INSHALLAH!! Just keep on top of them.

Any new news for you yet?

Timeline

Any new news for you yet?

Nothing yet

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi to all......Just wondering if any good news out of Casa lately. After being denied on 10-20, we are just kinda in stand still. I have tried several times to get a hold of the counsolar chief and have never got through. I have the dip pouch number and when I last called on Monday, our pouch number is still not in the system. The guy there told me to get the invoice number. He also advised me that the pouch number should start with an O, X, or B...followed by numbers. So, I sent another email to the counsolate requesting this info, haven't heard anything back yet. Not sure where the case file is. UUUGGHHHHHH!! this is so frustrating. In the meantime, we are praying for a miracle!!!

Timeline

Still no news here....according to the 45 day rule we should hear by the end of next week...SHOULD being the key word...LOL Sorry to hear they aren't helping Nicole....its so frustrating....hope u hear something soon!! And hope everybody else is doing good.Oh & i started a new weight loss program so that has been interesting...pretty excited to see results...helps keep my mind of the waiting.

Edited by Always+Forever

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Monica,

Anything yet?

Hoping you've heard good news.

NOID approval got reaffirmed Dec 1, 2010!!!! :dance: Now back to Casa for round 2!! :no::yes::bonk: Should be fun...lol

Hows everyone else doin? Any AOS's filed with anyone yet? Any more cases going through Casa...been kinda out of the loop :) Hope everybody is doing good!!

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

That's great news Monica, I'm so happy for you! :dance:

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Great job Monica! Impressive.

Good luck on Round 2 with Casa.

Is there any possibility you can be in Casa for the interview?

I forget - were you in Casa for the 1st?

Maybe you were; I can't remember.

Anyway, great news. What a way to welcome in December for you :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.