Our Mao

DS-156 Question

6 posts in this topic

I have a question about Packet 3. I know I'm not there yet but I wanted to find an answer just so I can stop worrying. I was on a TN (Trade NAFTA) Visa going to the US to work (from Canada) and I met my husband in the States, fell in love, got married in Canada.

When I tried to cross the border with my husband after our wedding, they said I could not enter and took my TN Visa away from me and told me that I have to go through the I-130 and the K-3 process. (Which we already have)

On the I-156, there is a question #35: Has your US Visa ever been cancelled or revoked?

I guess it would be 'yes' for me?? Is that going to cause any major problems when I'm submitting my packet 3???

Can anyone help me?

I-130 Sent : July 17, 06

NOA1 : July 27

Nov 22, file is 'pending'

Nov 28, Touched

Dec 4, APPROVED!!!! ^__^

Dec 6, NVC Case Number Assigned

Dec 18, DS-3032 & AOS bill sent

Dec 21, NVC accepted choice of agent via email

Dec 22, Sent AOS bill using James' shortcuts

Dec 25, IV Bill Generated

Jan 9, Sent I-864 using James' shortcuts

Jan 15, IV bill arrived

Jan 16, IV Bill Paid

Jan 19, IV bill processed

Jan 22, I-864 being reviewed

Jan 29, Sent DS-230 using James' shortcuts

Feb 13, CASE COMPLETED!!

Apr 13, INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!

Apr 28, Entered USA, POE Vancouver. Told that my visa stamp serves as a temporary Green Card.

I-129F Sent : Aug 20, 06

NOA1 : Aug 31, 06

Oct 23, 06, received email that case forwarded to CSC

Oct 27, 06, received email saying that case has reached CSC

Nov 22, 06, note said file received and pending

Dec 13, 06, Touched with same note as above

ABANDONING K3

I-751 Sent on Jan 28, 09 to remove conditions

Feb 1 - Check cashed

Feb 25 - Biometrics

Jun 1 - Approved! (Decision date was May 26, 09)

Now waiting for green card...

I have a question about Packet 3. I know I'm not there yet but I wanted to find an answer just so I can stop worrying. I was on a TN (Trade NAFTA) Visa going to the US to work (from Canada) and I met my husband in the States, fell in love, got married in Canada.

When I tried to cross the border with my husband after our wedding, they said I could not enter and took my TN Visa away from me and told me that I have to go through the I-130 and the K-3 process. (Which we already have)

On the I-156, there is a question #35: Has your US Visa ever been cancelled or revoked?

I guess it would be 'yes' for me?? Is that going to cause any major problems when I'm submitting my packet 3???

Can anyone help me?

HI,

I DONT THINK THAT IT WOULD MAKE ANY PROBLEN AT ALL THAT UR VISA WAS CANCELLED.ITS JUST THAT THEY WANT YOU TO ENTER THE COUNTRY WITH A SPOUSE VISA AND NOT ON ANY OTHER VISA SINCE UR NOW MARRIED TO AN AMERICAN.

SEE WHAT THE VJ VETRENS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS

BEST OF LUCK IN UR JOURNEY

REGARDS.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

No, you ain´t gonna have any problem. Your visa was cancelled but they didn´t deport you, very different circumstances. You need a waiver for a deportation but not for just a cancellation. They could cancel your visa for just a "doubt" a deportation means you broke the law and you didn´t.

Good luck!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It shouldn't be a problem.... :no:

ITS JUST THAT THEY WANT YOU TO ENTER THE COUNTRY WITH A SPOUSE VISA AND NOT ON ANY OTHER VISA SINCE UR NOW MARRIED TO AN AMERICAN.

seeing as the OP is from Canada.... and since Canada is part of the VWP, you don't need a visa to enter the US to visit... you just need to be sure to bring along a lot of evidence that you intend to return to Canada....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Thank you for everyone's responses! Now I feel better! Thanks again!!

I-130 Sent : July 17, 06

NOA1 : July 27

Nov 22, file is 'pending'

Nov 28, Touched

Dec 4, APPROVED!!!! ^__^

Dec 6, NVC Case Number Assigned

Dec 18, DS-3032 & AOS bill sent

Dec 21, NVC accepted choice of agent via email

Dec 22, Sent AOS bill using James' shortcuts

Dec 25, IV Bill Generated

Jan 9, Sent I-864 using James' shortcuts

Jan 15, IV bill arrived

Jan 16, IV Bill Paid

Jan 19, IV bill processed

Jan 22, I-864 being reviewed

Jan 29, Sent DS-230 using James' shortcuts

Feb 13, CASE COMPLETED!!

Apr 13, INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!

Apr 28, Entered USA, POE Vancouver. Told that my visa stamp serves as a temporary Green Card.

I-129F Sent : Aug 20, 06

NOA1 : Aug 31, 06

Oct 23, 06, received email that case forwarded to CSC

Oct 27, 06, received email saying that case has reached CSC

Nov 22, 06, note said file received and pending

Dec 13, 06, Touched with same note as above

ABANDONING K3

I-751 Sent on Jan 28, 09 to remove conditions

Feb 1 - Check cashed

Feb 25 - Biometrics

Jun 1 - Approved! (Decision date was May 26, 09)

Now waiting for green card...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
It shouldn't be a problem.... :no:
ITS JUST THAT THEY WANT YOU TO ENTER THE COUNTRY WITH A SPOUSE VISA AND NOT ON ANY OTHER VISA SINCE UR NOW MARRIED TO AN AMERICAN.

seeing as the OP is from Canada.... and since Canada is part of the VWP, you don't need a visa to enter the US to visit... you just need to be sure to bring along a lot of evidence that you intend to return to Canada....

Actually, just a clarification - Canada is NOT a member of the visa waiver program (VWP). Canada enjoys a special status with the US that allows most Canadians to enter the US at the discretion of the border guards without requiring visas or I-94s when their purpose is for 'visits' as tourists. All other purposes require visas, and it is the border guard who will decide if the purpose for the visit is valid and qualifies for admission without a visa. Be honest on the application and let them know that you had the TN visa revoked - they know it already - and you never want to lie or misrepresent yourself to immigration. If you do try to visit be honest about visiting your husband if they ask - don't try to mislead them - and carry lots of evidence of your ties to Canada in the meantime. Be prepared that they may still turn you back and not allow you to enter. Good luck with the K-3.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.