RAI

adjustment of status

5 posts in this topic

how do you get another copy of NOA2 if your missing it for adjustment of status

Call up USCIS to ask if they could send you a duplicate NOA2 for free if you have never received it in the first place.

Otherwise file I-824, which costs $405 for a duplicate copy.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

do you need it for adjustment of status? I know this sounds like a stupid question but if you have the k-1 visa why do you need the NOA2

YES.

If you read the instructions for the I-485, you'll see that one of the required bits of initial evidence is:

12. Evidence of eligibility

B. Based on admission as a K-1 fiance(e) of a U.S. citizen and subsequent marriage to that citizen.

Attach a copy of the fiance(e) petition approval notice, a copy of your marriage certificate, and your form I-94, Arrival/Departure Document.

Edited by TwoCats

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Obviously, the I-129F must have been approved, or else the K1 visa would not be issued at the US Consulate.

But according to I-485 instructions, you still need the NOA2 for AOS from K-1

-> Attach a copy of the finace(e) petition approval notice and the marriage certificate.

My husband didn't receive any NOA2 at all and he didn't know that we need it for AOS.

USCIS refused to send us a duplicate copy for free and asked us to file I-824 instead which is so expensive (used to be $340, now is $405).

For my AOS,

I did a write up to explain the whole situation, and in lieu of the I-797 approval notice (NOA2), I submit

- National Visa Center letter,stated that the I-129F was approved and that the petition will be forwarded to the consulate.

- Infopass letter & the USCIS computer print out(by the local USCIS officer) shown the I-129F petition was approved.

- US Consulate processing K1 visa letter

- my K1 visa stamp & I-94 entry stamp

- USCIS website case status online print out, showing the I-129F was approved.

- NOA1, receipt to show that we did file for the I-129F petition

- USCIS case status update emails

I hope these above info will help you in your AOS journey. Good Luck.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.