Brad&Ameq

The NCSC

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greenland
Timeline

I have been working with a non-profit agency that help individuals with immigration matters, for several of years now.

I have seen on this website many let downs about the NCSC, I happen to call them several of times a month. Things that you should know and take into prospective is as followed.

Verify address? They don't have access to your personal information, don't even bother.

Case status? They don't have anymore access to your case then what you have already been given. You should try looking at the case status, and processing times since thats what they seem to do. After it has been over the estimated processing time, then maybe you should call.

Filling out forms? They can't help you do this either, #1 you are paying for the form. #2 they would be legally obligated to you if they help you fill out the form. #3 If the form is denied or reject for any reason you could always have the right to sue the individual that helped you. #4 The toll free number would be over populated and have long call wait times, you wouldn't want that would you?

Interview Schedule? They don't have access to that either, but again once your case has went outside of the estimated processing time, then maybe you should call.

The reason for this post, is for many people is what they should take into prospective before calling. Did you know the NCSC takes around 24,000 calls a day? Did you also know that this is human beings working for them? They try to help you the best they can, but its not as simple as you think, USCIS does not provide the 1st person you speak to with enough information to likely make you happy, I assume they are given script information that they have to read from. I do feel sorry for them, I can't imagine doing their job could you? However, this is their job. The job that feeds their family, pays their bills, and feeds them. If you had all of this on the line, wouldn't you be sticking to your guns and reading directly from your script? Try patience and respect it can get you a long ways in life. I wanna see how this post effect some people, and hear opinions. Hit reply now.

------------------- Time line -------------------

02/01/2011 - I-129F sent VIA Express mail.

/////////////////////////////////////////

02/09/2011 - NOA1 Received

////////////////////////////////////////

05/02/2011 - NOA2 Received

05/02/2011 - Plane ticket bought. Departing for Denmark 05/15/2011.

Ameq has been given a 6 month life expectancy, Please keep her in your prayers.

///////////////////////////////////////

05/30/2011 - National Visa Center Received

//////////////////////////////////////

07/06/2011 - Copenhagen Received

/////////////////////////////////////

07/10/2011 - 7:21 AM - Kolding Sygehus, Kolding, Denmark

Ameq passed away, process withdrawn.

--------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------- LEGAL AGREEMENT -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By taking my opinion or advice, hearby giving up any rights or legal actions that can be used against me under a court of law. The information that has been provided is a basic knowledge of the immigration process and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been working with a non-profit agency that help individuals with immigration matters, for several of years now.

I have seen on this website many let downs about the NCSC, I happen to call them several of times a month. Things that you should know and take into prospective is as followed.

Verify address? They don't have access to your personal information, don't even bother.

Case status? They don't have anymore access to your case then what you have already been given. You should try looking at the case status, and processing times since thats what they seem to do. After it has been over the estimated processing time, then maybe you should call.

Filling out forms? They can't help you do this either, #1 you are paying for the form. #2 they would be legally obligated to you if they help you fill out the form. #3 If the form is denied or reject for any reason you could always have the right to sue the individual that helped you. #4 The toll free number would be over populated and have long call wait times, you wouldn't want that would you?

Interview Schedule? They don't have access to that either, but again once your case has went outside of the estimated processing time, then maybe you should call.

The reason for this post, is for many people is what they should take into prospective before calling. Did you know the NCSC takes around 24,000 calls a day? Did you also know that this is human beings working for them? They try to help you the best they can, but its not as simple as you think, USCIS does not provide the 1st person you speak to with enough information to likely make you happy, I assume they are given script information that they have to read from. I do feel sorry for them, I can't imagine doing their job could you? However, this is their job. The job that feeds their family, pays their bills, and feeds them. If you had all of this on the line, wouldn't you be sticking to your guns and reading directly from your script? Try patience and respect it can get you a long ways in life. I wanna see how this post effect some people, and hear opinions. Hit reply now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If you had all of this on the line, wouldn't you be sticking to your guns and reading directly from your script? Try patience and respect it can get you a long ways in life. I wanna see how this post effect some people, and hear opinions. Hit reply now.

Why should we pay for someone to read a script? If all they're doing is this then they should fire the whole lot and use a voice message.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I believe when way too many folks are determined they can't wait for the process in a normal time frame and start calling hoping every little phone call will create a miracle when most info is clearly posted about processing. We all have urgency when it comes to togetherness with our loved ones. Since my wife and I started our process I have tried to use restraint even though it is hard at times. You are right though those people problably are doing what is most in their limitations of resources just to feed their families and make a decent life.

I think too much calling when totally unecessary really just gums up the works. :yes:

Timeline

Why should we pay for someone to read a script? If all they're doing is this then they should fire the whole lot and use a voice message.

Because at times, they can be helpful. Just not in the way that you expect to be unfortunately. I show them kind, courtesy, and respect when I call. They are so delighted and you can hear a ease set in when your talking to them in a cool collective, understandable manner. You should take into consideration. If you have a mob of people at your door expecting something, but you can't give them what they want because you've not been given the necessary tools or experience and to keep your family safe the only thing you can do is calm the mob and hold them off for a few months, wouldn't you do the same?

------------------------------------------------------- LEGAL AGREEMENT -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By taking my opinion or advice, hearby giving up any rights or legal actions that can be used against me under a court of law. The information that has been provided is a basic knowledge of the immigration process and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Timeline

Because at times, they can be helpful. Just not in the way that you expect to be unfortunately. I show them kind, courtesy, and respect when I call. They are so delighted and you can hear a ease set in when your talking to them in a cool collective, understandable manner. You should take into consideration. If you have a mob of people at your door expecting something, but you can't give them what they want because you've not been given the necessary tools or experience and to keep your family safe the only thing you can do is calm the mob and hold them off for a few months, wouldn't you do the same?

If I had a mob of people at my door expecting something, I would stop answering the door and probably make sure the mob knew there was nothing here they wanted. I sure as heck wouldn't pay a bunch of inexperienced people with no necessary tools to read some letter I wrote to each individual in the mob.

On the other hand if the people in the mob were paying me I might hire some experienced people and provide them with some tools to give the service they paid for.

Timeline

If I had a mob of people at my door expecting something, I would stop answering the door and probably make sure the mob knew there was nothing here they wanted. I sure as heck wouldn't pay a bunch of inexperienced people with no necessary tools to read some letter I wrote to each individual in the mob.

On the other hand if the people in the mob were paying me I might hire some experienced people and provide them with some tools to give the service they paid for.

Then this is something you should take up with USCIS for yourself. They provide these individuals with the scripts. Did you also realize that USCIS does not receive any government funding? You are funding USCIS when you pay for an application, if they hired people with more experience and gave them access to more information, then you would have to take into account of the cost of giving those individuals a high security clearance and raising their salaries. This would result in higher filing fees, then you would whine about that right? When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. When life gives you a person, you should treat them with respect even if they can't give you everything you ever wished for.

Timeline

Then this is something you should take up with USCIS for yourself. They provide these individuals with the scripts. Did you also realize that USCIS does not receive any government funding? You are funding USCIS when you pay for an application, if they hired people with more experience and gave them access to more information, then you would have to take into account of the cost of giving those individuals a high security clearance and raising their salaries. This would result in higher filing fees, then you would whine about that right? When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. When life gives you a person, you should treat them with respect even if they can't give you everything you ever wished for.

The only person I see in this thread whining is someone making apologies for USCIS. You see where I complained about USCIS? Is it relevant that the USCIS isn't funded by the government? Are they getting paid? And you're exactly right, I funded the USCIS for my petition. Does anyone that funds the organization have any input in how they are served? Does anyone have the option to pay someone else for the service? Do you happen to know that thousands of people are calling and not respecting other people or are you just enjoying your soapbox?

Timeline

If you don't like the service in the US. Then you can always leave :whistle:

Timeline

If you don't like the service in the US. Then you can always leave :whistle:

I can also point out how stupid it is to employ a group of people to read a script and then have some drone spout nonsense on an immigration board. And if you don't like my right to say it then you can always leave the US.

Timeline

Your opinion is fine. Its exactly what I was looking for. You just never saw my point of view or opinion. I don't think its a smart move to have unexperienced employees doing the job. My point of view is from the individuals that are hired on and working the job. I don't really care about the government or the agency. I care about the people.

Timeline

Your opinion is fine. Its exactly what I was looking for. You just never saw my point of view or opinion. I don't think its a smart move to have unexperienced employees doing the job. My point of view is from the individuals that are hired on and working the job. I don't really care about the government or the agency. I care about the people.

There are people on both ends of the telephone line. Some getting paid and some paying.

Edited by Henykat

Timeline

There are people on both ends of the telephone line. Some getting paid and some paying.

Thats true, but that doesn't mean you should treat them like the worse person in the world.. I'm ending the topic with you, you clearly just cannot comprehend anything.

I fail to comprehend how the USCIS is not in any way funded by the US government when it is the first point of information and forms for Citizenship and Immigration. Those things are inherently part of government and must surely receive some funding from the government. Otherwise, how would citizenship function? Unless this is just another example of how imperfectly this government is run.

That said, I dislike calling the helpline as I find that I a) can't understand what they're saying (I spoke to Forrest Gump once) and b) have a tendency to get more angry with them than I would with a 'real' person as I can't see them face to face. Therefore, since I have the luxury of living close to my local office, I have found that making an infopass appointment is much more constructive and useful for me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I fail to comprehend how the USCIS is not in any way funded by the US government when it is the first point of information and forms for Citizenship and Immigration. Those things are inherently part of government and must surely receive some funding from the government. Otherwise, how would citizenship function? Unless this is just another example of how imperfectly this government is run.

That said, I dislike calling the helpline as I find that I a) can't understand what they're saying (I spoke to Forrest Gump once) and b) have a tendency to get more angry with them than I would with a 'real' person as I can't see them face to face. Therefore, since I have the luxury of living close to my local office, I have found that making an infopass appointment is much more constructive and useful for me.

Well, not all school workers are employed by the county. But they do have companies that work for the school as a contract service, such as bus drivers and maintenance workers, and cafeteria workers. USCIS is like a service for this 'imperfect government'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Citizenship_and_Immigration_Services

(see funding)

02iqn7wnr.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.