bucknutt76

Time Question

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am currently depolyed far east until mid March. I have sent the I-129F package back in August and still have not recieved the notice of action the second time. I have called the military help line and requested a priority look. They were suppposed to send me an email yesterday to give me there decision on that but I never recieved one. My question is if in fact I do get the speedy look or what have you, will it be possible for my finace to recieve her Visa to enter the U.S. by Mid March when I return. Obviously that has been the plan all along but I am starting to realize we are running out of time very quickly and as you can imagine I dont have a whole lot of time to dedicate to this. Would it help if I were to call again? What do you think I should do? Thank you kindly, your help is much appreicated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am currently depolyed far east until mid March. I have sent the I-129F package back in August and still have not recieved the notice of action the second time. I have called the military help line and requested a priority look. They were suppposed to send me an email yesterday to give me there decision on that but I never recieved one. My question is if in fact I do get the speedy look or what have you, will it be possible for my finace to recieve her Visa to enter the U.S. by Mid March when I return. Obviously that has been the plan all along but I am starting to realize we are running out of time very quickly and as you can imagine I dont have a whole lot of time to dedicate to this. Would it help if I were to call again? What do you think I should do? Thank you kindly, your help is much appreicated.

My fiance is in Active duty and deployed too. You should call them by the end of 5 months waiting mark again. We waited for ours for 6 months and 15 days, until my fiance called and we got our NOA2 the next day. Military helpline wasn't helpful to us at all. I am not sure though that your fiancee will be able to get her visa in March. After approved, USCIS sends everything to NVC and everything sits there for approximately 1 month and after that it is forwarded to the Embassy and it depends how long Embassy takes before it interviews each applicant. I don't think you should count on March, as it is approaching really fast. (If this is your R&R maybe you can ask your Commander to schedule it to a later date) Stay safe and good luck!

18th March 2010- Application is accepted

23rd March 2010- Touched....

30th September 2010- Approved at USCIS Vermont

5th October 2010- Case was received at NVC

7th October 2010- Hard Copy NOA2

28th October 2010- Embassy received our case (US Embassy in Bangkok)

5th November 2010- Got Packet 3 from the Embassy

Did you request the expedited process being as your fiance is deployed? I am going to call them again tonight I have been told the whole process can be expedited you just have to call for each step of the process. Im hoping that helps and makes it happen. Its not my R&R its my final return from deployment.

Hello everyone,

Did you know you were deploying when you applied? You could have filed for an emergency expedite based on your deployment. You should still be able to expedite, but it's not guaranteed because you are already deployed. Most expedite requests for military are approved due to imminent deployment. To expedite, you have to request it in writing, and provide justification as such. Your deployment orders may suffice...but expediting at this stage just to have her here when you return may not work.

Good luck!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-02-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-06-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-19

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2010-08-03

NVC Received : 2010-08-10

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-08-17

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-09-01

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-09-18

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-09-21

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-09-25

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-05

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-06

Timeline

Did you know you were deploying when you applied? You could have filed for an emergency expedite based on your deployment. You should still be able to expedite, but it's not guaranteed because you are already deployed. Most expedite requests for military are approved due to imminent deployment. To expedite, you have to request it in writing, and provide justification as such. Your deployment orders may suffice...but expediting at this stage just to have her here when you return may not work.

Good luck!

Oh yes, we did! We provided orders and everything else. We had whole 1 and half months before he got deployed. Embassy said they were too busy to except me any earlier. :)

Good luck!

I did know that I was deploying. At the time I didnt know the expedited process was available. However, I did call the military helpling the beggining of this month and they said they still would send a request for it. Which Im hoping the did. I suppose we will see. Im just hoping for the best at this time.

Timeline

Did you request the expedited process being as your fiance is deployed? I am going to call them again tonight I have been told the whole process can be expedited you just have to call for each step of the process. Im hoping that helps and makes it happen. Its not my R&R its my final return from deployment.

Yes, We knew he will be deploying already in January 2010. We even wrote a letter and enclosed everything to Congressman. Nobody cared. LOL :) So we just gave up asking anybody for help and just suck it up, and wait. :)

That is very strange since they were very helpful to us throughout the entire process, and expedited us not for deployment but for training. In any case, I am sure if you send in a request along with a letter from your CO you could still somehow expedite. But then again you are already deployed, but it certainly won't hurt to try. I wish you luck and congrats on being at the end of your deployment, ours is just about to start!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

That is very strange since they were very helpful to us throughout the entire process, and expedited us not for deployment but for training. In any case, I am sure if you send in a request along with a letter from your CO you could still somehow expedite. But then again you are already deployed, but it certainly won't hurt to try. I wish you luck and congrats on being at the end of your deployment, ours is just about to start!

I believe i put in a request with the original I-129F package that stated I was going to be on deployment and what not. Hopefully this still can apply now. I wont know untill the open today as I am going to call them again. When the were helpful to you was everything expedtited very quickly? Dont worry the deployment goes by surprisngly very quick. Just keep yourself bussy. Thanks alot :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

military helpline can not file an expedition request on your behalf.what i suggest is you contact USCIS,by email so you can be sure that you speak to an immigration officer,ask them if the additional information you put in your I-129f package qualifies you for military expedite,if not,ask them if you can do it now ( im like 90% sure you can request an expedite in the middle of receiving your noa 2,you just have to fax them your evidence).good luck

military helpline can not file an expedition request on your behalf.what i suggest is you contact USCIS,by email so you can be sure that you speak to an immigration officer,ask them if the additional information you put in your I-129f package qualifies you for military expedite,if not,ask them if you can do it now ( im like 90% sure you can request an expedite in the middle of receiving your noa 2,you just have to fax them your evidence).good luck

I wonder what the guy on the phone thought he was doing then? Thats strange, seems to me like this whole process innt very organized. Guess I should expect that by now after all I work for the goverenment. Anways do you know of a good email address so that I coudl do that? Thank you very much for your time.

I wonder what the guy on the phone thought he was doing then? Thats strange, seems to me like this whole process innt very organized. Guess I should expect that by now after all I work for the goverenment. Anways do you know of a good email address so that I coudl do that? Thank you very much for your time.

militaryinfo.nsc@dhs.gov

Edited by messybrownhair
My Journey:

I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Hmmm for us, we sent in the forms with an expedite request and the cover letter stating why and it had my fiance and his CO's signature. then after we received noa1 we called and ask if they approved our expedite request or not (we were expecting they wouldn't because it wasn't for a deployment, he would just be away and out of reach for three months making it hard to receive any notices especially for RFEs) and they looked it up and said that it was indeed expedited and we should get it soon. they did however send the noa2 to the wrong address as expected (we filed from Fort Benning, GA and put PA as the address on all forms) the noa1 was sent to GA and the noa2 in PA so we were in a panic as we thought the noa2 was lost!!! and it would $350 to replace it. turns out they sent it to his parent's house. so anyway i hope it works out for you guys the way you want it to and Goodluck :)

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.