Gene & Susan

If all submissions are to NVC, what is needed at...

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

OK, I am a bit confused. I have gone thru the Fiancee Visa process before, and many documents were required at the interview at the US Foreign consulate along with the interview. Now, with the I-130 approved for my Kenyan wife, and just waiting on the NVC to get the case, I provided tons of documents with the I-130 to "prove" our marriage and ongoing relationship (up to the time of the I-130 submission). I was approved. Now I know I have to prepare and submit my financial documents to the NVC, and my foreign wife submits her visa/immigration application to them also, along with support documents. (At least I think that is what happens) I will act as agent, and submit her documents when the time comes, as I have already downloaded and had her fill them out and I brought them signed, back with me when I visited her last.

OK sorry for rambling, but I guess my question is, outside of the medical, which will be done in her country, what am I to expect at the interview? I plan to go, but will I be required to provide vast additional quantities of documents showing our ongoing relationship? Is the interview process as abusive and difficult as it sometimes is for a fiancee visa?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I think it is a good idea for you to attend and becuase it can alleviate any problems or suspicions. I would HIGHLY advise you to bring as much evidence a spossible becuase I have seen many people sent to obtain more evidence of a bonafide relationship. I would consider evidence of financial support, your passport with your visits, emails, chat histories, evidence of gifts and anything else you can think of. I found them to very rude there and suspicious of everyone. Also, the process will probably be a 2 day.

Prepare your self well!

Timeline

I think it is a good idea for you to attend and becuase it can alleviate any problems or suspicions. I would HIGHLY advise you to bring as much evidence a spossible becuase I have seen many people sent to obtain more evidence of a bonafide relationship. I would consider evidence of financial support, your passport with your visits, emails, chat histories, evidence of gifts and anything else you can think of. I found them to very rude there and suspicious of everyone. Also, the process will probably be a 2 day.

Prepare your self well!

Oh, I will prepare myself well. What do you mean "the process will probably be a 2 day"?? I know we will have to come back to pick up the visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Gene, as of December the process has changed at the Nairobi Embassy. The nolonger allow US citizens to accompany their foreign wives to the interview without an appointment. As you time approaches, please contact the embassy to make an appointment - to avoid inconviniences at the embassy.

All the best. We wish you a speedy process. You are in our prayers.

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Timeline

Gene, as of December the process has changed at the Nairobi Embassy. The nolonger allow US citizens to accompany their foreign wives to the interview without an appointment. As you time approaches, please contact the embassy to make an appointment - to avoid inconviniences at the embassy.

All the best. We wish you a speedy process. You are in our prayers.

Do I need to wait until an interview date is set, and then contact the embassy for an appointment for both of us??

Timeline

Do I need to wait until an interview date is set, and then contact the embassy for an appointment for both of us??

Have the interview date first. Then set the appointment for both of you. Inform them that you are accompanying your wife for the interview - incase the ask the reason for your appointment.

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

N - 400

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Timeline

Have the interview date first. Then set the appointment for both of you. Inform them that you are accompanying your wife for the interview - incase the ask the reason for your appointment.

OK, so I want to be very clear in my understanding. An Interview date is set (as normally done) and the beneficiary is notified. At that point I contact consulate and ask for an appointment for BOTH OF US, and this appointment (for both of us) will take the place (instead of) of the standard interview that would happen without me?

Timeline

You have to have your own appointment letter to get into the embassy. if you dont have you will be left waiting outside. Once you receive her appointment date - email the embassy with a request to accompany your wife to the interview on that date. Ask them to reply with a confirmed appointment with both your names - without that you may be barred from entering the embassy. The rules were changed in December of last year.

Edited by shefellfromheaven

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

N - 400

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

Timeline

You have to have your own appointment letter to get into the embassy. if you dont have you will be left waiting outside. Once you receive her appointment date - email the embassy with a request to accompany your wife to the interview on that date. Ask them to reply with a confirmed appointment with both your names - without that you may be barred from entering the embassy. The rules were changed in December of last year.

Thanks, that is the precise type of detail I was looking for. Can I assume there will be less "intimidation" of the wife with her U.S. Citizen husband present?

Timeline

I'm sure with you presence - the intimidation will be less. WE wish you all the best. We have been following your case closely.Her sister in NJ is a good friend of mine and i talked to your wife before i came to the USA. We wish you all the best and congratulations for your approval.

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

N - 400

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

Timeline

I'm sure with you presence - the intimidation will be less. WE wish you all the best. We have been following your case closely.Her sister in NJ is a good friend of mine and i talked to your wife before i came to the USA. We wish you all the best and congratulations for your approval.

Thank you so much for your good wishes. We pray everything will go well!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.