anthokad

Anyone denied a K1 and re-filed for IR1/CR1?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi VJers,

I was denied a K1 visa because 'according to Nigerian laws, i and my husband are already married and so i am not eligible for a fiancee visa'. We re-filed for a Spouse visa after we did our court wedding, and the interview is next month. Please who has been through this before? Kindly share your interview experience. I am really nervous and not sure what to expect. I don't want any surprises and want to be as prepared as possible.

SO far, i have gotten the below as proof of ongoing relationship:

1)My husband's 4years tax returns

2)family photos

3)e-mails since 2008

4)phone records(Jul 2009 - date)-printed from rebtel website. We are not able to produce records for 2008. My husband is writing a notarised letter to this effect.

5)Copies of Western Union Money transfers from my husband to me

6)My bank statement showing money transfers from me to my husband(i hope they will not think i am paying him to bring me to the US?)

7)wedding certificate

8)Our daughter's birth certificate & CRBA

9)Plane tickets showing my husband's travels to and fro Nigeria.

10)Health Insurance ID cards for me, my husband and our daughter(my husband and our daughter are beneficiaries of the health insurance i receive through my place of work). i plan to go to the health insurance company to collect a letter from them indicating the beneficiaries of my health insurance.

Please what am i missing.......i need your help thru this. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi VJers,

I was denied a K1 visa because 'according to Nigerian laws, i and my husband are already married and so i am not eligible for a fiancee visa'. We re-filed for a Spouse visa after we did our court wedding, and the interview is next month. Please who has been through this before? Kindly share your interview experience. I am really nervous and not sure what to expect. I don't want any surprises and want to be as prepared as possible.

SO far, i have gotten the below as proof of ongoing relationship:

1)My husband's 4years tax returns

2)family photos

3)e-mails since 2008

4)phone records(Jul 2009 - date)-printed from rebtel website. We are not able to produce records for 2008. My husband is writing a notarised letter to this effect.

5)Copies of Western Union Money transfers from my husband to me

6)My bank statement showing money transfers from me to my husband(i hope they will not think i am paying him to bring me to the US?)

7)wedding certificate

8)Our daughter's birth certificate & CRBA

9)Plane tickets showing my husband's travels to and fro Nigeria.

10)Health Insurance ID cards for me, my husband and our daughter(my husband and our daughter are beneficiaries of the health insurance i receive through my place of work). i plan to go to the health insurance company to collect a letter from them indicating the beneficiaries of my health insurance.

Please what am i missing.......i need your help thru this. Thank you!

We also were denied the K1 (back in March 2010) and got married (on June 1, 2010) and filed for a CR1. Our interview is in a few weeks.

Everything you have is great...the more, the better, as far as Lagos is concerned.

I am bringing all of the above PLUS the following:

- All of my paystubs starting in January 2010 until January 2011

- All my copies of my I-130, I-864 and DS-230 forms including copies of the supporting documents that were submitted with them

- All my Airline booking confirmation emails and boarding passes to show all the trips I've made to/from Nigeria

- Special "wedding" photo album with all our wedding photos

- Another photo album with EVERY picture (over 240) we've taken together of all my trips there

- Emails between him and my two sisters and my kids

- Emails between me and his siblings and friends

I am also flying there to go with him to the interview (will have to probably wait outside, but I will give him my passport to show the CO that I am there and for them to see my many Nigerian entry visas stuck in there!).

You should be ok this time as the reason that they denied you the K1 has been remedied.

Don't worry how the money wires look to the CO. They look at it as spousal support and it shows a financial commitment to your spouse.

Good luck to you both and God bless.

Edited by DebbyNSeyi

CR-1 VISA

2010-06-01: Get Married!!!

2010-06-15: Mail out I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative

2010-06-22: I-130 NOA1
2010-09-30: I-130 NOA2
2011-01-26: Interview - APPROVED! (7 months, 4 days)
2011-02-02: Visa issued and in hand!
2011-02-25: POE - JFK (New York City)
2011-03-14: Received Conditional Green Card
2011-04-01: Received SS Card
2012-03-25: Our son is born!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-11-27: Mail out I-751 - Removal of conditions
2012-12-03: I-751 NOA1
2013-01-17: Biometrics

2013-05-13: I-751 Approved

2013-05-17: Received 10 year Green Card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-11-27: Naturalization Eligibility (3 years based on marriage)

2013-11-29: Mail out N-400 - Application for Naturalization

2013-12-03: N-400 NOA1

2013-12-06: Check Cashed

2013-12-31: Biometrics

2014-01-27: Place In-Line for Interview

2014-03-28: Interview Scheduled

2014-04-04: Interview Letter Received

2014-05-06: Interview

2014-05-12: N-400 Approved and Oath Date Scheduled

2014-05-22: Oath Ceremony - Become a naturalized citizen!!!

OUR VISA JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi,

I read in a different forum that a couple (actually it was the woman who had the interview) applied for the CR1 visa was asked at the interview to provide a paternity test for their child. Not saying and am praying that this doesn't happen in your case I am just stating this because this request caught the couple off guard. This happened at the Jamaican Embassy (I think). it is a recent post, you could research it if you like in the CR1 forum. I pray all goes well and think that you have good evidence.

Edited by TJ 4EVER

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We we're denied a K-1 visa too and I refiled for a spousal visa. Still waiting for my NOA2. If you already have a child or children, you should make them aware so they can tell you what to do and how to go about it. My friend's wife was told at her interview to go do a DNA test for the child and the petitioner. They were delayed another 3 months. So, prepare in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We had to do a double k1. The second time went fairly smoothly, even when he got the Asian lady. Do you have any snail mailed cards from birthdays and such? Remember to bring the envelope if you have them.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.