Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Question on documents required for interview

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My fiancee has her interview in a few days. I remember reading somewhere that me, the petitioner, has to submit another letter of my intent to marry. But now I've looked over all the information again and scoured the Web, and I can't find where I saw that. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Also, we currently live together in Korea and I will be going to the embassy with her. So how much supporting documentation do I need to prove evidence of a fiancee relationship? It's not like we've only met once or twice...

Thanks in advance

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Error on the side of caution. More proof then you need, newest documents you can find, and as much information as you can handle.


09/16/2007 - Met her and her brother online in WOW

12/20/2007 - Exchanged emails and started talking a little

08/13/2008 - Went to visit her brother and see her for first time

multiple visits slowly moving from visiting a friend and working to more to see her

08/20/2010 - Forms sent Fedex

08/31/2010 - Check Cashed

09/09/2010 - NOA-1 (I-797C) recieved and dated 08/31/2010

09/10/2010 - Account created with USCIC and email turned on

02/01/2011 - On February 1, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

02/08/2010 - Packet sent to Costa Rica

02/15/2010 - Called, packet is there can come get it

02/17/2010 - Packet can be picked up

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving to Consulate/Embassy forum.

Yes some consulates request a renewed letter of intent.

Sample: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...