Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Emergency Advance Parole

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, I want to share my experience today.

I came with a K-1 VISA got married within 90 days and applied for change of status (employment authoritation and advance parole). My dad was hospitalized last week and I want to come back to my country to be with him.

I made an appointment (infopass) with the USCIS, to get an emergency advance parole. I came there with everything (I-131/2 photos/ the papers from the goverment (i-797c notice of action)/and a letter from the hospital (translated)).

First thing that surprised me was when they told me that I had to pay again the fee (360dollars). Then when I gave all the papers they told me that they need another letter from my dad´s doctor, explaining the prognosis (today) and asking for my presence.....

I´ll try to get another letter explaining his situation and dated today, but I cannot make the doctor to write a letter askingh for my presence... So Once I get the letter I´ll come back again and see if its enough for them... Im so sad, I dont know what to do.....

I guess this depends of what uscis you go, cause one friend of mine, exactly in the same situation, could get the emergency advance parole in hours and without paying. (different Uscis).

Any similar experience?, any advice?


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

They should not be charging for an AP that is based on a pending I-485.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...