5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I filed a K-129f Petition in Juneand got my NOA1 in June. I received an RFE in July and sent them the information in August. They posted an acknowledgement of receipt of same on their website with a promise that I would be hearing from thmm within 14 - 60 days. That hasn't happened yet. The closest to that is the posting indicating that my file was touched (collectively I suppose) on 10/03/2010. Couple of questions please:

(a) Which month should I consider (or does USCIS consider) as my filing month: June, July or August?

(b) Did I lose my place in the filing queue as a result of the RFE?

© How far back does that set me?

(d) I saw our name on Igor's list as one of those whose Petition was not approved. How usually accurate is his prognostication?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi !

From what I understand that a request for information ,depending how long it takes you to get the info to them, but can cause a 2 month delay...THis is just from what i have read ...

You got your NoA1 in June. Then you'd be a June filer.

An RFE tends to set a case back between two weeks to a month. It completely depends on the case.

And Igor's list does not predict which petitions will be approved and which will be denied. It only estimates when the petition MIGHT be reviewed, *based on the timelines of other VJ members that they have entered themselves*. The reason you see your name as 'not approved' is because YOU have not entered that it was approved yet. When you get your NoA2, and YOU enter that into your timeline, then it will show you as approved. Igor's list does not take any information from USCIS. It is made completely using the info that VJ users enter in their timelines.

The prediction as to *when* your case will be reviewed depends solely on USCIS. If they are taking five months right now to get to a petition, but then magically speed up so they only take one month to review .. then igor's prediction would be way off! It would be accurate if USCIS doesn't speed up or slow down the amount of time it takes to get to the petitions.

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

You need to call USCIS and see what is going on. Technically, you are a june filer so you are out of time framebut the RFE is a slight set-back and depending what is was for and how long it took you to get back to them will depend on how much it is delayed - its worth calling and seeing whats going on - it cant do any harm. :blush:

I129F Petition Sent: End of June '10
NOA1 - 17th July '10
Touches - 23rd July & 3rd October '10
NOA2 - 30th December '10 - A great new yr gift
NVC Rec'd - 4th January '11
NVC Sent - 5th January '11
Embassy Received - 8th January '11
Embassy Recorded - 11th January '11
Packet 3 Forms sent - 11th January '11
Visa Fee Paid - 18th January '11
Packet 3 Forms Logged - 24th January '11
Medical Exam
- 10th February '11
Embassy Received Medical Results - 15th February '11
London Consulate K1 Visa Interview - 11th March '11
JFK Port of Entry - 24th March '11

Removal Of Conditions.

Petition Signed for - 26th August 2013

Check Cashed - 11th September 2013

NOA1 -

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I filed a K-129f Petition in Juneand got my NOA1 in June. I received an RFE in July and sent them the information in August. They posted an acknowledgement of receipt of same on their website with a promise that I would be hearing from thmm within 14 - 60 days. That hasn't happened yet. The closest to that is the posting indicating that my file was touched (collectively I suppose) on 10/03/2010. Couple of questions please:

(a) Which month should I consider (or does USCIS consider) as my filing month: June, July or August?

(b) Did I lose my place in the filing queue as a result of the RFE?

© How far back does that set me?

(d) I saw our name on Igor's list as one of those whose Petition was not approved. How usually accurate is his prognostication?

So if you Petitioned beginning of June then yes you are a June filer. we filed end of Feb but they did not look at till 9th March. Depending on when in July you got RFE and when you sent back in August could cause a delay. We got RFE'd early June but I sent back within 2 days express post and my case was re-started within 1 day. You need to call and find out what's happening.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.