9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i'm little afraid as the departure day is approaching , and i want to ask you what will happend if for those 10 days im gone we get denial or something stupid what will hapend are they gonna let me enter usa or they will denied me entrance!!!please advise me !!and what i shoould be aware from

i'm little afraid as the departure day is approaching , and i want to ask you what will happend if for those 10 days im gone we get denial or something stupid what will hapend are they gonna let me enter usa or they will denied me entrance!!!please advise me !!and what i shoould be aware from

Your post makes no sense. Please explain your situation, in more detail, and what exactly it is you want help with.

Filling in your timeline would be a good idea too. :time:

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi one nation, you really need to stick at one thread!! People can't reply to this post really...

Here is one nation's former post (thread) i-94

Edited by Yurika & Jim

Your post makes no sense. Please explain your situation, in more detail, and what exactly it is you want help with.

Filling in your timeline would be a good idea too. :time:

my international passport is expired and i have to go home and renew it since they are issuing a biometric passports now i have to be there ,our embassy does not have that technology jere in usa yet!!!so i have 2 i-551 stamps in my passport and at the last infopass they gave me an i-94 card with the stamp on my picture on it and i wabt to know ,while im away for 10 days and my wife get a denial letter am i gonaa be denied to enter usa at the airport or whats gonna happend!!thanks!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

I could swear I answered this question in such detail that anybody would have understood it. Seriously.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

hi bob !!! my country to meet the stupid laws of the european union invent this biometric passports and currently our 6 consulate sections in usa does not have the technology to take a photo and collect fingerprints to issue the passport witch is 90% plastic!!!so thats why i have to go back home to get it !!! i know what are u saying all the time !!!trust me im not that dumb to do not accept ur advise or something there is no another way to do all this thing!!u think i want to spend 3000 $ plus !!!!?????

@one nation: just out of interest, what country is your home country?

My own country (the Netherlands) has the same rules regarding the biometric passports but they do have several consulates, and of course the embassy itself, where we can get passports including fingerprints and such (however, of course the biometric passports cannot be requested where I live, in order to get mine, I have to fly at least 6 hours to the mainland lol)

Edited by JeroenAndMichelle

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: Other Timeline

As I said before, you need to apply for a passport in the USA at the Embassy or Consulate of your country that is closest to where you live.

The German consulate doesn't have the technology either, nor does any other consulate. What they do is send your passport photos, which you provide and which have to meet the standards of biometric passports of course, to your home country. There the new passport will be issued and send to the Embassy/Consulate you applied for. From there you will receive it. That takes several weeks and costs money, but not as much as a $3,000 overseas flight.

A passport is for international travel only. You can't travel internationally only to get a passport that would allow you to travel internationally.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

The German consulate doesn't have the technology either, nor does any other consulate. What they do is send your passport photos, which you provide and which have to meet the standards of biometric passports of course, to your home country. There the new passport will be issued and send to the Embassy/Consulate you applied for. From there you will receive it. That takes several weeks and costs money, but not as much as a $3,000 overseas flight.

I guess this really shows how different it can be per country. The Netherlands does have the technology at 3 consulates and 1 embassy in the US (and various others all around the world), and at those, people can request the passports (or they could go to the Netherlands to get it done in the Hague) but not at the other consulates. The consulate in my state (Hawaii), for example, doesn't do this anymore (neither does any consulate in any other state where they don't have the technology). In order to get a new passport I will have to either fly to San Francisco where the closest consulate is where I can get a passport, or I will have to fly to the Netherlands. Either way, it is a very expensive thing for me to do (even more so since my youngest daughter has both nationalities (US/Dutch) and two passports with it.

I wish the other consulates did it the way they how do apparently do it with your country's consulates but unfortunately they are not allowed to do this. People are required to go in person and actually physically touch the fingerprint machines themselves, and are also required to pick them up in person (to verify the fingerprints).. I can only hope they will get some form of European passports and that, in the future, we can do this at any European consulate/embassy (like a German one in Hawaii, a Dutch one in California, a French one in Washington, an Italian one in texas etc etc... if they would do it like that, things would become so much easier and cheaper for European citizens.

A passport is for international travel only. You can't travel internationally only to get a passport that would allow you to travel internationally.

What you say here is true, however, if people go to their home country before the expiration date of their passport, there is no problem, of course :)

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.