Tahoma

You are now eligible to be scheduled for a visa interview.

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone...

For all of you K-1ers, I'm wondering if you ever received the letter from the U.S. Embassy Manila informing you that your approved I-129 visa petition has been received by the Embassy, and that you are now eligible to be scheduled for a visa interview.

Here is the current copy of the eligibility letter that I am referring to: click here to see the letter.

> Was the letter sent by email or by snail mail?

> Did the petitioner receive the letter?

> Did the beneficiary receive the letter?

> How many days did it take for you to receive the Embassy letter after the date of your NVC letter?

> What is the date on your letter from the Embassy?

> Did you schedule your interview appointment before or after you received the Embassy letter?

Thank you for sharing your experience! :)

Hi everyone...

For all of you K-1ers, I'm wondering if you ever received the letter from the U.S. Embassy Manila informing you that your approved I-129 visa petition has been received by the Embassy, and that you are now eligible to be scheduled for a visa interview.

Here is the current copy of the eligibility letter that I am referring to: click here to see the letter.

I received a letter from USEM but not that kind of letter but in the letter they sent me, they give only the link of that letter to refer to on what to bring during interview.

****** It was sent by email and mail through AIR21

****** YES,, my fiancee ( my husband now ) received the same letter I received from USEM

****** YES

> How many days did it take for you to receive the Embassy letter after the date of your NVC letter?

****** From the time NVC told my husband that our documents has been forwarded to USEM, it takes 2 weeks for me to receive a letter from USEM plus I am from cebu

****** The day they send the letter

> Did you schedule your interview appointment before or after you received the Embassy letter?

****** After I received the letter from USEM

Thanks for your reply, Rose. :)

It's interesting that you received your eligibility letter by email as well as snail mail.

Now you and Chinook are in the same boat...waiting to remove the conditions on the green card. Good luck to all of us! :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone...

Hi tahoma,

1.my approved I129 was delivered by the air21 2.yes the petitioner my fiance receive the letter 3.I the beneficiary receive the letter also 4.It took less than one week for me to receive that letter.5.it was the date they send the letter.6.I scheduled my interview appointment after I received the embassy letter.

Hi tahoma,

1.my approved I129 was delivered by the air21 2.yes the petitioner my fiance receive the letter 3.I the beneficiary receive the letter also 4.It took less than one week for me to receive that letter.5.it was the date they send the letter.6.I scheduled my interview appointment after I received the embassy letter.

Thanks ianandjan...that's good information. You received a snail mail from Air21, but you did not receive an email.

When did you interview?

Timeline

Thanks ianandjan...that's good information. You received a snail mail from Air21, but you did not receive an email.

When did you interview?

Tahoma you are most welcome, the I129 letter was delivered to me by air 21 in our house. then i have no email from USEM manila that time when i have that letter. i called USEM manila for confirmation and what letter is that for and what will i do they told me when will i be ready for medical and interview i gave them the dates then they ask me for my email add, thats the time the USEM manila that day also email me the usembassy letter. supposed to be my interview was in september 28 but i move it to october 5.

Timeline

Hi everyone...

Tahoma i read your embassy letter, tomorrow after my vacation here i will also post my embassy letter,i hope it will help your query . I think they make some changes because in my case last september 2010 as soon as i receive the I-129 from air 21 i called the USEM manila via pldt phone at 53 pesos per minute. During that phone conversation they let me have appointment of interview schedule even i have not paid to BDO yet,they also advise me to have medical 2 weeks before the date of my interview,and during that phone conversation they ask me of my email add..Then hours after that day also i received email from them appointment confirmation email,it was in this appointment confirmation email that i download the embassy letter or K1 instruction packet ..ONLY THE hard copy of 1-129 notice of action was sent to me by air21 ....the embassy letter or K1 instruction packet was not sent to me by air21,i download it myself, as in my appointment confirmation letter they also give me the USEM manila website... I will post the KI instuction packet tomorrow .i hope it will help your query..

Timeline

NO

NO, I DON'T KNOW WHY

YES

2 WEEKS

THE DAY THEY SEND THE LETTER

AFTER, IT TOOK 3 WEEKS HAD A HARD TIME TO MAKE AN INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT

Timeline

Hi everyone...

Tahoma i would like to apologize for the first post i made, i was thinking of the other documents i received till i check the letter that you are referring.

The I-129 notice of action was the only letter sent to me by Air21 last august 2010..the letter you are referring or eligiblity letter was not sent to me by Air21..I download it myself in http://manila.usembassy.gov/www.h323html.,the site was given to me by USEM manila along with my appointment confirmation letter

my fiance did not received the eligibility letter,i have to send him via email my appointment confirmation letter where eligibility letter can be downloaded

When I received the I129 notice of action I called the USEM manila a week after and the lady who answered the phone asked me when i want to have interview,she did advice me to go to medical at SLEC two weeks before that interview date and she said I will pay to BDO before going to interview and she asked for my email add hours after we talked I the beneficiary received the email of appointment confirmation letter where they also include this site manila,usembassy.gov, it is where i download the K1 Instruction packet or eligibility letter

After I received the I129 notice of action,one week after i called the USEM manila and that was the time the lady asked me for my interview schedule and she asked me for my email add, hours after we talk in that day i received the appointment confirmation letter,this letter has usem site where i download the KI instruction packet or eligibility letter

What is the date on your letter from the Embassy?

The date of letter from the embassy was the date i called the USEM manila

I schedule my interview appointment after i received my I-129 notice of action via pldt phone at 53 pesos per minute call...after i set my interview date with the USEM and the USEM asked me for email address thats the time i received the appointment confirmation letter where eligibility letter can also be found. since at the bottom part of the confirmation letter they include the site where i download the eligibility letter for k1 or the k1 instruction packet,the same letter you are referring...only i was allowed to have appointment for interview even i havent paid in BDO yet.

Filed: Timeline

Tahoma! Thanks for your replies regarding my questions! :D I just received the eligibility letter (snail mail) from the US embassy with the MNL case #, dated December 3. I'm the beneficiary and we have not received the email yet.

Edited by cherrylovekalbs

Timeline

hi!

Was the letter sent by email or by snail mail?

- received it last monday thru Air 21 dated Dec 3 :blink:

- no just me

- Yes

- more than one month

- Dec 3

- i scheduled my interview right after i passed my medical last Dec 21

i hope this helps

tahoma here is the letter the manila embassy sent to me via air21 --->post-95267-0-95765900-1294028621_thumb.jpg..

ianandjan...Thanks for posting your eligibility letter. That's the letter (email) I'm interested in.

If I understand you correctly, you received an eligibility email only after you called the Embassy and scheduled an interview. Then the Embassy emailed you the eligibility letter.

Tahoma! Thanks for your replies regarding my questions! :D I just received the eligibility letter (snail mail) from the US embassy with the MNL case #, dated December 3. I'm the beneficiary and we have not received the email yet.

Walang anuman, cherry. :)

That's interesting...you received your eligibility letter by snail mail, but the Embassy did not email you an eligibility letter.

hi!

Was the letter sent by email or by snail mail?

- received it last monday thru Air 21 dated Dec 3 :blink:

- no just me

- Yes

- more than one month

- Dec 3

- i scheduled my interview right after i passed my medical last Dec 21

i hope this helps

Thank you for replying, Dorine.

Wow...it took one month after your NVC letter for the Embassy to send you a snail mail to tell you that you are eligible to schedule an interview, and you never received an email from the Embassy telling you that you are eligible for an interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.