TwoCats

K-1 Initial Filing Checklist

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone.

My fiance has been over here in the U.S. for the holidays and we've been gathering things together.

I'm just about ready to get things sent off (I'll be putting the packet in the mail the day he heads back to the UK).

I'd just like a second set of eyes to glance over what we're sending and tell me if I'm missing anything obvious.

Thanks.

Copied from my Cover Letter:

• Payment in the amount of $ 340.00
  • I-129F Form
    • I-129F Attachment – Part A, Question #11, Previous application information (This is my second K-1)
    • I-129F Attachment – Part B, Question #18, Explanation of meeting in person
    • I-129F Attachment – Proof of citizenship (petitioner passport and birth certificate)
    • I-129F Attachment – Proof of ability to marry: Divorce decree (Petitioner)
    • I-129F Attachment – Letters of intent to marry (Petitioner & Beneficiary)
    • I-129F Attachment – Supporting Evidence
      Proof of having met in person in the past two years and ongoing relationship.
      • Airline itineraries for six trips to the US/UK 2009-2010
      • Airline boarding passes / receipts / etc. for various visits
      • Passport stamps (Petitioner & Beneficiary)
      • 14 photographs with dates and descriptions
      • Skype call history logs (June, July, August, November)

[*]G-325A Form and passport photo (Petitioner)[*]G-325A Form and passport photo (Beneficiary)

• G-325A Attachment – Residence List (Beneficiary)

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Yours looks a lot like mine, but I've not been married before. My fiance will be here in the u.s. until feb 8th and we mailed ours off last week. Is there a reason you're waiting until he leaves?

You may want to include the electronic g1145 i think it is if you want to be notified.

Edited by DiZZyLoX

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

So far, this sounds complete. Make sure all documents are signed and dated. Make sure you make copies of every single piece of paper you send (even the cover letter). Also, make sure all items listed include a reference to the petitioner and beneficiary, in case any items may end up separated.

Thats all I can think of right now. Happy filing.

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Yours looks a lot like mine, but I've not been married before. My fiance will be here in the u.s. until feb 8th and we mailed ours off last week. Is there a reason you're waiting until he leaves?

You may want to include the electronic g1145 i think it is if you want to be notified.

Thanks for reminding me about the g1145! I'd almost forgotten.

I'm actually not sure about waiting to send it out. I've heard (and I'm not sure how much truth there is to it) that you have to provide extra documentation that your fiance' is actually going to leave? Does anyone have any input on that, as if we can squeeze it in before, it would probably put his mind at ease a bit.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

I'm not really sure. But, what I did was included his ESTA# and application form, his flight itinerary with receipt that he made payment for it, his full passport, highlighting the date his passport stamp in the U.S. expired (Feb 10th) and a letter dated and signed by him stating when he entered the U.S. and when he was leaving with references to the pages in his passport that showed it was so. (he's from England on the Visa Waiver Program).

I haven't been approved or even seen NOA1 yet, but I imagine that might be all he needs. He doesn't have I-94 number as on VWP you wouldn't have that. So we just added as much information as we had at the time of filing.

If we do end up getting an RFE, we have a letter from his employer stating he is due to return to fulltime work on such n such date upon his arrival back in the UK on February 8th.

I probably should have included it, but I will if they ask for it. *shrugs*

Edited by DiZZyLoX

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.