Channah&Aaron

; What to bring with me when visiting the US..

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Heeeey,

First of all, happy holidays!!!

I have a question..

My fiance, USC, visited me in the Netherlands 2 weeks ago, and although he just left Europe, we really don't want to spend New Years alone, we both decided to celebrate NYE together. So, I'm planning to visit him within a couple of days for a week.

Since my acces to the US got denied last may (trauma!), I had to obtain a specific visa. 2 months later I flew back, without any problems. Everytime, like everybody, they want my finger print, and because my acces got denied earlier this year because of something stupid, I'm afraid for having a hard time (last time was not that hard, but different airport right now).. so the question is: should I bring a copy of the I-129f package with me to make them sure and know that I'm not planning to stay or get illegally married????

I also have a:

* letter from my employer stating I have to get back to work on January 5th

* a note from my dentist stating I have an appointment on February 10th

* salary specifications

Thank you for reading and hopefully you reply :))

Edited by Channah&Aaron

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

First of all, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you too!

Make sure you carry as much proof as you can with you which depicts ties to Netherlands.

1) Copy of lease or a rental agreement would be good.

2) Employee letters, which you have already arranged.

3) Bank statements, if you can.

4) Student loan documents, if you have any!

5) Car documents, or payment slips, if you have making payments.

Basically, anything which proves that you have significant ties with your country.

Apart from that, YES, please carry a copy of your entire I-129F package.

Do not divulge more details, but if they ask you specific questions, do not lie.

Also, I have no idea why were you denied entry in to the US, but the burden of proving that you do not intend to stay in the US right now, lies on you!

Good luck!

KnR aka slider100

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.