mrkhan

check list response!!!

8 posts in this topic

Hey respected VJ`s :help:

I received an email from NVC about a check list which i have typed below guys please take a look and let me know if I should send it out and any advice is appreciated

this is the e mail I typed to send out to NVC

Dear, Sir/Madam

Information of Beneficiary:

Case Number: xxxxxxxx

Beneficiary's Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Preference Category: CR1 - CONDITIONAL SPOUSE OF U.S. CITIZEN

Priority Date: xxxxxxxx

Date of Birth : xxxxxxxxxx

Information of Petitioner:

Name:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date of birth: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Address :xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have received an E-mail from NVC about a checklist for I-864 , documents either missing or incomplete it stated,

1).It appears that there is no proof of current employment ( i.e a job letter etc.)

2). The listed income tax documents/IRS statements for the years missing

- Federal Income tax returns [X] 2009

- W-2 forms are missing [X} 2009

3). You have not enclosed an explanation of why you were not required to file income taxes for the recent three years

The Petitioner`s response:

1). I had stapled my job letter along with the I-864 (AOS) package ( which I have attached along with this E-mail as well )

Information on my employment

- Currently employed as a full time xxx-xxxxx ,since April , xx , xxxx

-Company name : xxx xxxxxxxxx

2). For the year 2009 I was unemployed and occupied as a Student ,so therefore I do not have W-2 form to show.

3). I was told that sending the three years recent tax returns were optional.So my preparer told me that I did not have to include the three years tax return along with I-864 AOS package.

Also,

NVC wanted the DS-230 package,

Currently I am working on that package, The beneficiary`s country is taking a long time on giving Her passport and Police Clearance as soon as I receive the package I will send it in as soon as possible.

I thank you for your time,if there are any other matters I need to clear, please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Your income tax returns are never optional. They are the only way to provide that you can truly support your spouse. Unless you have a secondary support affidavit. Being a student is insufficient for reason of no income. Remember you must maintain at least 125% above the national poverty level. I suggest i864 from a parent or guardian. As a note usually a school will send you a tuition W-2. Not all schools, but most schools do provide a student with a W-2. You should submit your parent or guardians income.

I received an email from NVC about a check list which i have typed below guys please take a look and let me know if I should send it out and any advice is appreciated

Dear, Sir/Madam

I have received an E-mail from NVC about a checklist for I-864 , documents either missing or incomplete it stated,

1).It appears that there is no proof of current employment ( i.e a job letter etc.)

3). You have not enclosed an explanation of why you were not required to file income taxes for the recent three years

1). I had stapled my job letter along with the I-864 (AOS) package ( which I have attached along with this E-mail as well )

2). For the year 2009 I was unemployed and occupied as a Student ,so therefore I do not have W-2 form to show.

3). I was told that sending the three years recent tax returns were optional.So my preparer told me that I did not have to include the three years tax return along with I-864 AOS package.

Also,

Currently I am working on that package, The beneficiary`s country is taking a long time on giving Her passport and Police Clearance as soon as I receive the package I will send it in as soon as possible.

I thank you for your time,if there are any other matters I need to clear, please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Overstayed J1 Visa.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate :

Marriage : 2008-04-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-08-11

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-08-21

I-130 Approved : 2008-12-26

I-765 Approved : 2009-06-26

I-131 Approved : 2009-06-26

I-485 Approved : 2009-08-20

Green Card Received: 2009-08-27

Your income tax returns are never optional. They are the only way to provide that you can truly support your spouse. Unless you have a secondary support affidavit. Being a student is insufficient for reason of no income. Remember you must maintain at least 125% above the national poverty level. I suggest i864 from a parent or guardian. As a note usually a school will send you a tuition W-2. Not all schools, but most schools do provide a student with a W-2. You should submit your parent or guardians income.

i have a sponsor I-864A ..hes from the marines ..

Also i was attending a program called college/ged 24 credits Program so it may be different

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Also i was attending a program called college/ged 24 credits Program so it may be different

Hello

Your going to require a co sponsor, You dont have to take my word for it but once your get to the interview

if you dont have one i dont see them issuing you any Visa.

Find somebody to complete the I-864 as a co sponsor and you wont have any problem than.

But no income and student going to make the USCIS worry you can support the person your bringing.

Thats why they look at past IRS tax returns to see if your fit to support somebody else beside yourself.

Good Luck

Hello

Your going to require a co sponsor, You dont have to take my word for it but once your get to the interview

if you dont have one i dont see them issuing you any Visa.

Find somebody to complete the I-864 as a co sponsor and you wont have any problem than.

But no income and student going to make the USCIS worry you can support the person your bringing.

Thats why they look at past IRS tax returns to see if your fit to support somebody else beside yourself.

Good Luck

yeah I already have a Co sponsor his paper work was fine but with my paper work they are giving me problems

Dear, Sir/Madam

Also,

1. You are doing the correct thing by re-submitting your current employment letter.

2. You may wish to be a bit more explicit and state that you had no income, not just no W-2s, since income can be derived from sources other than those reported on a W-2. Since you were in school is it possible that you were living at home and your parents could claim you? If so state that. If not state you had no income sources due to your student status.

3. Tax returns or tax transcripts from the IRS are required, not optional, if they were filed. If none were filed for the previous 3 years then you must state this and give an explanation for each year.

It's good that you have a co-sponsor lined up. Good luck.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

1. You are doing the correct thing by re-submitting your current employment letter.

2. You may wish to be a bit more explicit and state that you had no income, not just no W-2s, since income can be derived from sources other than those reported on a W-2. Since you were in school is it possible that you were living at home and your parents could claim you? If so state that. If not state you had no income sources due to your student status.

3. Tax returns or tax transcripts from the IRS are required, not optional, if they were filed. If none were filed for the previous 3 years then you must state this and give an explanation for each year.

It's good that you have a co-sponsor lined up. Good luck.

Thank you for your precise reply I appreciate it...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.