7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hey ladies and gents I have a quick question for you guys..

On December 20 I checked my case status online and much to my surprise it said my Green card had been approved, to be more specific it the highlighted bubble was the "Card/ Document Production" one...

I just checked it a few seconds ago and it went back towards the previous bubble:

Post Decision Activity

On December 22, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Im pretty sure it means that the Green card is on its way i just want to make sure lol, also will I have to go to an interview or once i get my green card is this whole ordeal finally over?

Thanks in advance for your help and happy holidays everyone i hope santa brings u all green card this year :dance:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Costa Rica

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-27

Touched: 2009-03-05

NOA2(s) : 2009/07/30

NVC Received: 2009/08/03

Departed NVC 2009/08/05

Consulate Received 2009/08/07

Interview Date 2009/10/08 Visa granted...:)

Certainly looks like they've approved your GC - and about time too! I'd have been going nuts if I hadn't received any correspondence since my biometrics and it was more than 7 months after filing!

You won't be interviewed if they've approved your GC, nope. Did they notify you that they were transferring your case to the CSC? That used to be a pretty sure bet that you've bypassed interview, but who knows at the moment. lol

Next step for you would be Removal of Conditions, which you HAVE to apply for no earlier than 90 days before (but no later than) the expiration of your conditional green card, so roughly 21 months from now. I wouldn't leave it too close to expiration though!

Congrats - what an awesome Christmas gift :)

Edited by SunDrop

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Yes the card is on it's way and you won't interview. You are done for now.

once i get my green card is this whole ordeal finally over?

Well, not really over because the card will expire in two years. So 90 days before the expiration you have to file for Removing Conditions (I-751). It will require pages and pages of evidence proving you didn't enter the marriage for fraudulent reasons and the current fee is $590. So keep that in mind and get lots of joint things in both names so you'll have many proofs of co-mingling your lives and money. They want to see things covering the whole two years, so stash away things as you go along rather than wishing you hadn't thrown out old bank statements or joint bills or boarding passes from trips together.

Congratulations. Very nice Christmas present you're getting!

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

They want to see things covering the whole two years, so stash away things as you go along rather than wishing you hadn't thrown out old bank statements or joint bills or boarding passes from trips together.

Ry thinks I'm 'cute' saving all that stuff. I'm pretty organised anyway, but the card envelope from his Grandparents congratulating us on our wedding is now in my AOS/ROC evidence folder. So does the copy of the joint gym application. Lives on my desk, it's bright red and easy to grab in case of fire, flood or acts of God.

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Ry thinks I'm 'cute' saving all that stuff. I'm pretty organised anyway, but the card envelope from his Grandparents congratulating us on our wedding is now in my AOS/ROC evidence folder. So does the copy of the joint gym application. Lives on my desk, it's bright red and easy to grab in case of fire, flood or acts of God.

I recently organized my stash folder into the real application because we're eligible to mail it Friday. Among the things USCIS will receive is our cat Ozzy's rabies certificate because it has both our names on it. :rofl: It's kinda crazy, but with different surnames, I seize every opportunity to get us both on documents. We do of course have more important documents like car titles and taxes filed jointly, but the rabies certificate is in the back with "miscellaneous other documents in both our names." Hopefully they'll approve us before they get to the dorky stuff.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

...Among the things USCIS will receive is our cat Ozzy's rabies certificate because it has both our names on it. :rofl:

Yeah, I'd thought about peeling off the cat and dog's recent med labels, since the cat's listed in Ry's name and the dog in mine, at the same vet's. lol

Drives me nuts, because they often only address stuff to the first/ main account holder. So for our joint bank account, it shows 2 card transactions and I can certainly copy the cards with our names and card no.s on but the statements are only addressed to him. Same with our joint carecredit cards. I'm co-signatory on those, but when they came in the mail, it was only addressed to him. Dunno how to get around that, except by showing proof of both cards and transactions using both.

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

oh yay! sounds like good news to me :dance: . You didn't receive any email concerning your case transfer?

Our Love Story's 1st page: June 15, 2008

K 1: 98 days!
May 11 - August 17, 2010 APPROVED!!!
POE: September 14, 2010 Chicago, IL
Wedding Day: September 22, 2010

AOS from K1: 96 days!
November 19, 2010 - February 24, 2011 APPROVED!!!
November 19, 2010: AOS, EAD & AP applications mailed
December 20, 2010: Biometrics (day 31)
January 18, 2011: case transfered to CSC (day 60)
February 10, 2011: EAD & AP approved! (day 83)
February 24, 2011: GC production ordered! (day 96)

Removing conditions: 5 months and 30 days!
December 6, 2012: package mailed
December 10, 2012: NOA 1 (day 4)

June, 5, 2013: APPROVED!!!

June, 10 2013: 10 yr GC received

event.png

an1cHsW0g410610MjAwMTU1bHwyNTY0MzkxbGF8d

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.