Obama 2012

Feds To Take Unconstitutional Actions On Health Insurers.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

In your opinion profits should not be a factor in your health care. If you believe that, you are allowed to go to school to become a doctor and open up your own clinic. That's the beautiful part about the country we live in. You have that choice and that option to run a clinic and charge what you want or not charge at all if you can get donors.

Paul, you seem to be contradicting yourself from another thread. You were outraged at doctors and wanted them reported to some sort of authorities when they were choosing to offer services and charge as they saw fit in the marketplace. You wanted some regulation, some control there. Why the change in attitude? Did my post change your opinion that completely?! Maybe there is hope for you yet but there is still so much work we have left!! :lol:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG.

For a product or service to be "socialized", everything about the product or service has to be administered or owned by the government, including the physical plant.

Not really. If the government forces the populous into taking part in that product, then it is socialized. The government doesn't have to own anything. If the government tells everyone to buy Blue Cross Insurance, then they are still socializing that product by making everyone take part in it.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

Paul, you seem to be contradicting yourself from another thread. You were outraged at doctors and wanted them reported to some sort of authorities when they were choosing to offer services and charge as they saw fit in the marketplace. You wanted some regulation, some control there. Why the change in attitude? Did my post change your opinion that completely?! Maybe there is hope for you yet but there is still so much work we have left!! :lol:

You take things the wrong way. I can think all day and night that overpricing products is outragous. However, I will always stand up for the right to do so.

People on these boards try to equate wants with what's right or lawful. I do my best to separate the two. That's the difference...

Do I think we'd be better off under a single payer system? MAYBE, but that maybe comes with conditions that effect quality. However, that doesn't mean that I'm willing to go against what is right/lawful/constitutional.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

Single payer is socializing medecine if you force everyone to participate. If people have an option to participate, then it's not.

Technical correction here. Single payer would be socialized health-care INSURANCE, not socialized medicine. We have this already for people over 65, it is called medicare!

Timeline

Do I think we'd be better off under a single payer system? MAYBE, but that maybe comes with conditions that effect quality. However, that doesn't mean that I'm willing to go against what is right/lawful/constitutional.

So is medicare 'right/lawful/constitutional'? If not, why not? And if it is OK why not extend it to everyone in the country?

Timeline

So is medicare 'right/lawful/constitutional'? If not, why not? And if it is OK why not extend it to everyone in the country?

Medicare is hardly right. Whether it's constitutional or not is still very debatable.

Medicare has way too many faults and pays far too little for services rendered. On top of that it has the highest percentage of denied claims amongst insurers.

Government has no business criticizing other insureres until they can fix their own...

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

For a product or service to be "socialized", everything about the product or service has to be administered or owned by the government, including the physical plant.

By your definition, even the NHS is not socialized. Most GP practices are private businesses contracted to the NHS.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg