Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

I received RFE letter today,they want me to send few things to prove it is an ongoing marriage.I already prepared and will mail it to them first thing in the morning.I included affidavits from my friends and relatives,bank cards in US and Turkish banks in both of our names,lots of phone bills,wedding pictures,Turkish bank accounts in both of our names.Iteninary when I went to Turkey to get married.That should be enough I hope.When I first filed I-130 did not sent any evidence,I thought that was for consular session,at least what I was told That "professional"guy did my paperwork. I feel much better today,USCIS should receive it by Monday and hopefully approval in same week. Thank you guys,love you all Nihal
Nihal, That is great news, see it wasn't anything major and was easily gathered! I have read that you can either "front load" the I-130 or save it for the interview......:blink: it seems like it is damned if you do and damned if you don't :wacko: and just jump through their hoops and you still have to wonder.worry and WAIT...........But the important thing is you have it done and ready to send....:dance: The so called "Professional" well he/she may have read the same thing about the I-130 so don't chew them too hard BUT be sure and give em' your "2 cents":devil: The proofs that you are sending are great and be sure and save your Boarding Pass and Itinerary from the trip that is coming up in APRIL and if you have a nice little getaway while your there, save the Hotel Receipt as well! :wub: Keep us posted on the outcome! LuckyWIfe2007 Edited by Luckywife2007

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thank you for your advice,I will definetly save my iteninary and boarding passes.He will need them at the interwiev.(if we will ever see it) :) Funny thing Kelly,there is other guy,he is Turkish and his wife also Turkish,him and I,we got the same exact RFE from same exact officer.Nobody else got it from our group.

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/03/2010 CASE SENT FROM CSC TO TSC

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

02/14/2011 RFE (MISSING EVIDENCE)

02/15/2011 RFE RESPOND SENT

03/10/2011 NOA2 APPROVAL(exactly 7 months)211 days

03/14/2011 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED

03/16/2011 FILE SENT TO NVC

NVC

03/18/2011 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

03/21/2011 RECEIVED IIN,GAVE E-MAILS,3032 SENT

03/22/2011 SENT PAYMENT FOR AOS FEE

03/23/2011 DS-3032 E-MAIL ACCEPTED,AOS SHOWS PAID,SENT AOS PACKAGE

03/24/2011 IV FEE RECEIVED AND PAID

03/28/2011 IV FEE SHOWS PAID,SENT IV PACKAGE

04/08/2011 SIF (SIGN IN FAILED)

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/25/2011 MEDICAL COMPLETED

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW RESULTS: APPROVED

POE 05/24/2011 HOUSTON,TEXAS

THANK GOD, IT'S OVER! FINAL! FINISHED! BITTI!

Nihal,

Glad to hear that you got the documents sent off, now you can relax a little (yeah right):unsure:

Perhaps the other Turkish filer did not submit the bonafides either.... you should ask him and compare a little more (Sherlock Holmes here):rofl:

How do you know that they are from the exact same officer? You should know soon of when they receive the proofs and if it satisfies them which I am sure that it is sufficient! I am sure that you will be getting your interview shortly. It would be great if it was scheduled while you were there in Turkey. I believe that it helps immensely if the US Spouse is with the beneficiary during the interview! :devil:

Have a good weekend!

Edited by Luckywife2007

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Timeline

Nihal,

Glad to hear that you got the documents sent off, now you can relax a little (yeah right):unsure:

Perhaps the other Turkish filer did not submit the bonafides either.... you should ask him and compare a little more (Sherlock Holmes here):rofl:

How do you know that they are from the exact same officer? You should know soon of when they receive the proofs and if it satisfies them which I am sure that it is sufficient! I am sure that you will be getting your interview shortly. It would be great if it was scheduled while you were there in Turkey. I believe that it helps immensely if the US Spouse is with the beneficiary during the interview! :devil:

Have a good weekend!

On the bottom of the RFE form,officer had his number sign.Officer XM....I had the same officer.I don't think my hubby will have a interwiev while I am in Turkey,besides, Consulate told me, USC can't come with beneficiary to the interwiev.

The other guy did submit all the evidence but he still got RFE.They probably lost it.There are people who got approved last 10 days or so,their case still didn't make it to the NVC yet.Whole thing is a mess.

I am off this weekend and I will be with my husband on MSN.39 more days..and counting!!!

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

NVC

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

Good Morning Nihal,

Well listen here girl, the SPOUSE is ABLE to attend the interview and whoever told you that is wrong! I know that some posts on here state that we cannot BUT I know better! Whether they say yay or nay, I am going with my Husband. MELBAR (who has his interview this coming TUESDAY) also had that concern and I told him to either call the Embassy in Ankara OR email them and ask.... (be sure and include the case number and hubby's name if you email):wacko: He did just that and his WIFE IS going with him!:dance:

I truly think that it helps having the US spouse there and you never know, stranger things have happened, he may get his interview in April :dance: :dance: and you could be back in the US together for you first wedding Anniversay.(L)

Anyway, call or email Ankara and they will tell you just like I said. Hope that your weekend is good and glad that you are able to spend it with the Honey! :D :D

P.S.

It is absolutely bizzare to think that they would try and keep an American Citizen (and especially a FEMALE AMERICAN CITIZEN) out of their own Embassy....

I can just see it now!:devil: :devil:

Timeline

Hey! What's up Ameri-Turks?

How come so many November filer's are asking about the NOA2 when they (like everyone who has applied btw), has seen the USCIS 5 month wait period?? September filers are at 5 months and just getting processed now. Not to mention there are still July & August filers out there. I thought a general rule overall was the code of silence of not complaining until at least their FIVE MONTH WAIT came and went? Why not be supportive of those who are still waiting and really happy for those who get their NOA2? To keep us busy: the list of stuff we get to do to help along when the NOA2 does arrive. Seriously, find something to do beside watch the clock... time is not going to move any faster when you're ancy.

Your Darlings will be here sooner than later and for a lifetime.

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hi vj i am so sad with my wife she cried alot today.. we had our interview today .me and my wife went to embassy we were there early..but we got out at the end there was noone there accept us...first they interviewed me.simple questions the questions asked my wife...everything was great...the lady said she has no time she ask for evidence i gave her emails ,chatlogs.photos.letters.phone records her and mine ...(its about 2000 sheets or more than that) my wife said we have more evidence like plane tickets hotels. and the lady gave us a green paper our marrige certificate and my passaport.she said check the website ... but she mentioned that they are going to check our evidence.... the questions is this why they gave me the passaport.she even did not tell us how long will it take...

please tell me what do i need to do now...yes thats true alot turkish people gettin green papers... and how long will it take

we were early we got out at the end ...why it was like this i didnt understand please help what i need to do ???????????

hi vj i am so sad with my wife she cried alot today.. we had our interview today .me and my wife went to embassy we were there early..but we got out at the end there was noone there accept us...first they interviewed me.simple questions the questions asked my wife...everything was great...the lady said she has no time she ask for evidence i gave her emails ,chatlogs.photos.letters.phone records her and mine ...(its about 2000 sheets or more than that) my wife said we have more evidence like plane tickets hotels. and the lady gave us a green paper our marrige certificate and my passaport.she said check the website ... but she mentioned that they are going to check our evidence.... the questions is this why they gave me the passaport.she even did not tell us how long will it take...

please tell me what do i need to do now...yes thats true alot turkish people gettin green papers... and how long will it take

we were early we got out at the end ...why it was like this i didnt understand please help what i need to do ???????????

melbar,

I am sorry to hear that this has happened BUT it is not a denial! WHAT EXACTLY DID THE THE LADY SAY???? It is important that you remember what they said and more importantly, what exactly does the green slip say?

Where did you hear that "a lot of Turkish people are getting green slip"? You said that you were there early, were you at the interview ALL DAY LONG? You have the right to call the DOS (Department of State) and their number is:

DOS - Get a Human! 202-663-1225 Press 1 then 0 for a live operator. Your wife can do this as well!

FURTHERMORE, the Lady that interviewed you had enough "nerve" to say that she has no time..... for what to look at the evidence further???? WTH, I guess these "GRANTERS of VISAS" or GOD as some think, do not realize what a couple goes through during this process.... Gathering ALL EVIDENCES and Documents that they ask for and as we all know, this isn't as easy as simply going to the store and buying a loaf of Friggin BREAD, Paying what they ask not to mention the money that is spent on Plane Tickets, Phone Calls, Medical Reports, Hotel Costs, Taxis ETC and the list goes on........ and the worse, having to be apart for 8 months at the least and some couples are still waiting (longest that I have know is 4 years and I am sure that there are more cases where the time is much longer! AND last but not least, waiting for an Interview Date to be scheduled and once you get it then you prepare even more and are consumed with the thought of DO WE HAVE EVERYTHING? IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT THEY MAY ASK FOR THAT WE DO NOT ALREADY HAVE???? THEN wait for that special day and BOOM, they say they don't have time? Well they better make time and if time is REALLY the issue, then Perhaps Hire more Counselor Officers or maybe just maybe allow sufficient time when they schedule the day!!! AFTER ALL WHO PAYS THEIR WAGES?

melbar, all is not lost as I mentioned earlier, you have not been denied, this is just a little "hiccup" and in the end you two will prevail !!! But first start by calling the DOS and the Embassy and demand your rights and the rights of your wife, and ask, WHY DID I GET THE GREEN SLIP?

Edited by Luckywife2007

Timeline

Hey! What's up Ameri-Turks?

How come so many November filer's are asking about the NOA2 when they (like everyone who has applied btw), has seen the USCIS 5 month wait period?? September filers are at 5 months and just getting processed now. Not to mention there are still July & August filers out there. I thought a general rule overall was the code of silence of not complaining until at least their FIVE MONTH WAIT came and went? Why not be supportive of those who are still waiting and really happy for those who get their NOA2? To keep us busy: the list of stuff we get to do to help along when the NOA2 does arrive. Seriously, find something to do beside watch the clock... time is not going to move any faster when you're ancy.

Your Darlings will be here sooner than later and for a lifetime.

Mari

OMG cannot agree anymore. And after out discussion yesterday, these people need to realize how much time it takes to get all the darn paperwork together :) Hope you are doing well lady!

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

Melbar, I don't think this is a denial. It sounds like they're going to review evidence. 2000 sheets of paper seems very unnecessary however. What would matter is more of a concise documentation such as the plane tickets, money sharing of bank accounts, photos since the original I-130, marriage certificate that's already translated into English. Remember, the rest... it's secondary evidence (chat logs, phone records, emails), and they do not want to 'sit and read' that stuff because they simply do not care to. Having said that, it might have been better to run a short "Message Archive" page(s) which just shows ONLY the dates you two chatted and who was communicating. ONE POINT** BE sure to identify yourselves IF you two have different screen ID's from your Legal Given Names.

For Kadir and I, our Screenames are not our legal names, so while we were on cam/ messenger, I took cam shots of us with our Messenger ID's boxes all on the same screen! Pictures such as this do not lie and there is no wiggle room for faking communications.

Please you and Mel do not lose hope. I am sure the number that Kelly gave you will help when you call them directly as you have that right. Can you please tell us what kinds of questions they asked you each? And did they take you into separate rooms? Was this a Stokes Interview?

Best to you both,

Mari

Timeline

Hi There,I am so sorry to hear that and I perfectly understand how you guys feel! It feels like lightining hit you on a clear day.My husband and I waited over 6 months for our approval from Texas Service center and last week we got RFE.(request for further evidence)Now, I don't even know how long it will take for them to approve us.I gathered everything(all the evidence)and sent them and at this point nothing I can do but wait.I will e-mail them next week to find out What the heck is going on with my I-130 petition.Your statuation can happen to any of us,it's like gambling.I hope everything will be okey soon and you get to come back with your wife.

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

NVC

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

Timeline

I just wrote Capt Ewok and asked him if he would consider pinning this Turk Kahvesi Thread!

I will let you know status when I hear from him.

Today is Feb 23, 2011... I don't know how long it might take him to get to us.

Mari

I just wrote Capt Ewok and asked him if he would consider pinning this Turk Kahvesi Thread!

I will let you know status when I hear from him.

Today is Feb 23, 2011... I don't know how long it might take him to get to us.

Mari

[/quote

Thank you so much Mari! :thumbs:

Now we AMERI-TURKS will be known forever. :devil:

Timeline

You are very close to the end so hold on tight, it will hopefully get resolved soon.

Did they specifically asked you and your wife to come to the interview? I thought

only the beneficiary goes to the interview!

Is current events in Middle east is effecting the process?

Best of Luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello, we sent off our AOS yesterday. I'm a bit nervous because there was a lot more information on how to file the K-1..so I know I had that nailed:) I really want to get this finished with so we can go back to Turkey for a visit!! I need a Turkey fix soon:)

OUR TIMELINE

03/05/09- First FB message

06/13/09- First visit to Turkey

09/18/09- Second visit to Turkey

02/25/10- Third visit to Turkey

04/13/10- Sent I-129F Packet:)

04/14/10- Delivered to CSC at 10:23:)

04/15/10- NOA 1

04/16/10- Check Posted to account.

And touched.

04/21/10- NOA 1 Hard Copy

04/22/10- Fourth visit to Turkey

05/12/10- Touched

06/24/10- Touched

06/25/10- Touched

06/25/10- NOA 2 APPROVED!!

06/28/10- NVC Received

07/02/10- NVC sent to Ankara

07/12/10- Packet #3

07/16/10- Sent Packet #3

07/20/10- Packet #4 received

10/13/10- Interview- Approved!

10/19/10- Visa recieved

10/21/10- POE JFK

12/2/10- Married:)

02/24/11- Sent AOS packet

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.