Sam&Kathleen

I-130 Others Name Used

9 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi again VJ's,

In I-130 form, #7. Other Names Used (including maiden name).

I changed my FIRST name, should I put there the previous name with my family name?

Thanks a lot for your help!

"When love is strong, a man and a woman can make their bed on a sword's blade. When love grows weak, a bed of 60 cubits is not large enough. (Talmud)""Love will find a way, Love U baby K!"7y0kjwl63c3.pngAPRIL 26 2011 - i130 (NOA1)MARCH 29 2013 - i130 Approbed (NOA2)ABRIL 19 2013 - NVC ReceivedAPRIL 22 2013 - Pay I-864 BillMAY 01 2013 - DS3032 - COMPLETED - AUGUST 28 2013 INTERVIEW <p>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi Samriv, my husband had a name change done

A few years ago. So he sent in the court order

Approving name change with form I130 just in case

They asked for it. Since they ask for previous

Names used I would say yes to writing down your

Old name. Good luck to you.

Timeline

Hi Samriv, my husband had a name change done

A few years ago. So he sent in the court order

Approving name change with form I130 just in case

They asked for it. Since they ask for previous

Names used I would say yes to writing down your

Old name. Good luck to you.

Nice tip, but he wrote her previous name in "Others Name Used" ??

Edited by samriv
"When love is strong, a man and a woman can make their bed on a sword's blade. When love grows weak, a bed of 60 cubits is not large enough. (Talmud)""Love will find a way, Love U baby K!"7y0kjwl63c3.pngAPRIL 26 2011 - i130 (NOA1)MARCH 29 2013 - i130 Approbed (NOA2)ABRIL 19 2013 - NVC ReceivedAPRIL 22 2013 - Pay I-864 BillMAY 01 2013 - DS3032 - COMPLETED - AUGUST 28 2013 INTERVIEW <p>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

other NAMES used. before you changed NAME, what other NAME did you use?

how did you change? court order? enclose a copy of it and write down the name you used before.

PS. if I may ask, out of curiosity...why did you change your first name?

Timeline

other NAMES used. before you changed NAME, what other NAME did you use?

how did you change? court order? enclose a copy of it and write down the name you used before.

PS. if I may ask, out of curiosity...why did you change your first name?

They sent you a form requesting that information? or in the interview?, how was it?

and i changed mi first name because i made convertion to another religion, by the way, do you speak spanish, si quieres podemos mejor hablar espanol.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

They sent you a form requesting that information? or in the interview?, how was it?

and i changed mi first name because i made convertion to another religion, by the way, do you speak spanish, si quieres podemos mejor hablar espanol.

I do speak spanish, but it's a little rusty and it wouldn't be a great conversation. plus, I believe it's against the rules of the forum to use a language other than english in public threads (but you are more than welcome to write me a private message).

No, I never changed my name so nobody ever asked for anything. I'm just saying that since the form asks what other names you ever used (including maiden name, which, I guess, is the most common change of name scenario for the ladies that apply for AOS) you should write down the name you had before you changed. you must have some sort of official certificate stating that you changed name (unless it's just a nickname, but that doesn't count because they don't care if your friends called you Maradona because you play like hell). Then put this official certificate in the application to prove that. I don't know how the name change works for religious grounds, but if it is official and you have had them both on your passport at a certain time, then you gotta write it.

Timeline

I do speak spanish, but it's a little rusty and it wouldn't be a great conversation. plus, I believe it's against the rules of the forum to use a language other than english in public threads (but you are more than welcome to write me a private message).

No, I never changed my name so nobody ever asked for anything. I'm just saying that since the form asks what other names you ever used (including maiden name, which, I guess, is the most common change of name scenario for the ladies that apply for AOS) you should write down the name you had before you changed. you must have some sort of official certificate stating that you changed name (unless it's just a nickname, but that doesn't count because they don't care if your friends called you Maradona because you play like hell). Then put this official certificate in the application to prove that. I don't know how the name change works for religious grounds, but if it is official and you have had them both on your passport at a certain time, then you gotta write it.

I already have my new name in all documents... Passport, Citizen ID (in my country), all certificates like: birth, marriage, etc., but like u say, ill attach court order, old and new certificate.

Hi again VJ's,

In I-130 form, #7. Other Names Used (including maiden name).

I changed my FIRST name, should I put there the previous name with my family name?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Your current legal name (whether first name or married name) will go in the NAME section. In section 7 you will put any other names used, including your original first, full name, any maiden full name used. I remember us conversing about the name change before. Should be fairly simple for you. Good luck.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Timeline

Your current legal name (whether first name or married name) will go in the NAME section. In section 7 you will put any other names used, including your original first, full name, any maiden full name used. I remember us conversing about the name change before. Should be fairly simple for you. Good luck.

Thanks a lot again!!... :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.