mountainlover534

MOSCOW HOTELS

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

HI ALL,

LOOKING FOR HOTELS IN MOSCOW FOR MY FIANCEE AROUND OCTOBER 1 THRU 7 ??

UNDERSTAND THEY HAVE A LOTS OF EXHIBITIONS GOING ON DURING THAT TIME AND SEEMS ALL ARE BOOKED???

DINA= KRASNOYARSK, SIBERIA, RUSSIA

SIE= HARPERS FERRY, WEST VIRGINA, USA

MET ONLINE: 10-07-2006

MET IN MOSCOW: 3-04-2006

I129F SEND: 5-16-2006

NOA1: 5-26-2006

RFE RCVD: 6-19-2006

RFE SEND: 6-27-2006

NOA2: 7-10-06

NVC RCVD: 7-12-2006

NVC LEFT: 7-24-2006

INTERVIEW: 10-05-06 PASSED

US ENTRY DULLES. VA: 10-17-06

MARRIAGE: 11-20-06

FILED FOR SS-CARD: 11-22-06

RECV'D SS-CARD: 12-02-06

STATE CARD: 1-05-07

FILED FOR AOS, EAD & AP: 1-10-07

RECEIVED NOA: 1-23-07

BIOMETRICS APPT: 2-03-07

RECEIVED EAD & AP: 3-31-07

INTERVIEW PITTSBURGH 7-11-07

RECEIVED GREEN CARD: 7-30-07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

They ALWAYS have some kind of activity going on that makes it more difficult to book hotels!!

How much do you want to spend?

How close to the embassy or center do you want to be?

There are plenty of hotels available.....

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Timeline
They ALWAYS have some kind of activity going on that makes it more difficult to book hotels!!

HI NEONRED,

I LIKE TO KEEP IT AROUND 2000 ROUBLES A DAY IF POSSIBLE?

HER MEDICAL IS ON OCTOBER 2 AND INTERVIEW ON 10-06.

LOCATION, PREFERRABLE CLOSE.

MY FIANCEE IS PULLING OUT HER HAIR, SINCE SHE SEEMS TO HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING ANY?

SHE IS LOOKING THRU THE INTERNET FROM SIBERIA?

THANKS

DINA= KRASNOYARSK, SIBERIA, RUSSIA

SIE= HARPERS FERRY, WEST VIRGINA, USA

MET ONLINE: 10-07-2006

MET IN MOSCOW: 3-04-2006

I129F SEND: 5-16-2006

NOA1: 5-26-2006

RFE RCVD: 6-19-2006

RFE SEND: 6-27-2006

NOA2: 7-10-06

NVC RCVD: 7-12-2006

NVC LEFT: 7-24-2006

INTERVIEW: 10-05-06 PASSED

US ENTRY DULLES. VA: 10-17-06

MARRIAGE: 11-20-06

FILED FOR SS-CARD: 11-22-06

RECV'D SS-CARD: 12-02-06

STATE CARD: 1-05-07

FILED FOR AOS, EAD & AP: 1-10-07

RECEIVED NOA: 1-23-07

BIOMETRICS APPT: 2-03-07

RECEIVED EAD & AP: 3-31-07

INTERVIEW PITTSBURGH 7-11-07

RECEIVED GREEN CARD: 7-30-07

Filed: Timeline

HI NEONRED,

MY FIANCEE IS PULLING OUT HER HAIR, SINCE SHE SEEMS TO HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING ANY?

THANKS

Check with Moscow Rick, an American Expat who has apartment rentals:

www.enjoymoscow.com

Tell Rick you heard about it from Dan!

and also

http://www.gotorussia.net/apartments.htm

also has apartment rentals in Moscow...

Hope this helps!

-- Dan

Timeline

Since your fiancee is searching you'll be able to get the price you want if not lower.

Has she tried:

http://www.irr.ru/

Also check the surrounding suburbs of Moscow. Small towns located about 20-50 minutes away from Moscow by commuter train have bargain rates. This is how we lived, granted we stayed for free at her uncle's flat in Korolev. But see rental ads in that town with prices comparable to Siberia.

Timeline

HI NEONRED,

THANKS

Too bad you didn't schedule the medical and interview a little closer. My fiancee spent three nights in Moscow and I joined her on the day before the interview. She had plenty of time to get everything done AND do some shopping...LOL You won't find much for 2000 rubles that is anywhere close. We stayed at the Irbis and it was a hike to the metro station and about 30 to 45 minute ride on the metro to the center. I see rates there in Oct. are about $95 per night. You might check out www.hotels-moscow.ru. I booked a night at the Ukraina Hotel on our way to the States for $145. It is a great location as it is walking distance to the embassy and not far to the center and Red Square. Check www.hotelclub.com too. I do think she will find better prices over there.

Perhaps you can change the date of the medical. Shouldn't be too hard to do. What is she going to do with all that free time between medical and interview? My fiancee had her medical at 11:30 and had her results by 5:00. That gave her a full day before the interview to meet me at the airport and do a few last minute things. Next day we went to the interview and flew out that night to her city.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Yes, change the medical date!!!

And like Satellite always says.... "have your girl check the local papers!"

One other option is Olesya (Russiangirlfriday). My fiancee stayed with her (at her flat) for I wanna say 1000 a night. She's also good for coordinating things, ANYTHING, through Moscow. Her website is: http://www.russiangirlfriday.com

Good luck!

Edited by slim

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Maria checked out AO Mediscina at my requests several times. Boris also recommended it from this spring and yes it does have a harpist playing at the entrance sign-in desk. The lady physician attending and then going over the results the next day, the day before the interview, was absolutely as nice as one could ever expect. The complete medical experience was impressive from the "outside."

We booked through Go To Russia that's HQed in Atlanta and has an office in San Francisco. The apartment I requested was on Noviy Arbat literally not 10 minutes from the Embassy. It was also direct into Red Square hardly 15 minutes. I don't remember the price; this was a once-in-a-lifetime event so convenience and price I viewed differently for this special occasion. I was going to use Moscow Rick and after a short interaction with him, I decided against it. GTR does the whole package and for me I was willing to use them for my visa, the apartment 10 mins from the Embassy and so, every so convenient to everything, and the flights. Since I've used GTR for the fourth time, even things I'd like them to change were trumped by everything else going very well ... according to plan.

Maria had the medical on Monday, picked up the sealed envelope on Tuesday, had the interview on Wednesday, the visa issuance date was Friday, and we picked up the visa and packet on Monday. Based on a post on VJ, just before we both left our homes for Moscow, about using the DHL main office up by SVO, we decided to take that advice to try and help getting on the booked flights since I'd calculated the normal issuance was 2 - 4 business days after the interview. My calculations were spot on for what I assume was an uncomplicated petition with all documents properly supplied and no RFEs or APs delays.

And BTW, staying where we did was great with great tourist venues and shopping and restaurants just minutes in most directions. Maria was also a great "tour guide" and got to see some exhibits she'd been wanting to see for years like the diamond fund at the Kremlin.

Larry and Maria

Timeline

If it helps you I have a friend who rents out an apartment in Moscow. I believe the price is $ 65.00 a day. I have stayed there two times. It is a nice apartment about two blocks each way to a metro station, near shopping and restaurants. Equipped with all the essentials and washing machine (never figured out how to use it though) It is not within walking distance of the embassy but it is on the same general side of town. It is near the Zoo if you know where that is. If you are interested PM me and I will give you an e-mail address. I have sent a few others to the apartment who were quite happy with it.

I would be very carefull of Moscow Rick's apartments. I have heard some horror stories up to people walking out with no where to go because they would not stay in such a dump. I think all the other services are ok. Uncle Pasha might be another option.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Timeline

Just in case someone reads my previous post and is interested I do need to correct the information that I gave.

I just had an email from the gal who handles the apartment. I had sent a newly married couple to her who were visiting for two weeks. They had some relatives of the wife stay with them in the apartment without notice and without any extra payment. The landlady got po'd about it and has raised the rent to $ 90.00. Still not a bad price for a nice apartment in Moscow but I sure liked the $ 65.00 better. Just didn't want to have any mis information here.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Thanks Turboguy. If I head back to Moscow, I'll be sure to PM you for that address.

Edited by slim

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I would be very carefull of Moscow Rick's apartments. I have heard some horror stories up to people walking out with no where to go because they would not stay in such a dump. I think all the other services are ok. Uncle Pasha might be another option.

Well that is total #######. And downright slanderous.

I've stayed in his apartments several times in Moscow, stayed there with two different ladies and none of them were a "dump".

So I think you're way off base here, based on "you've heard".... gossip and slanderous innuendo like this totally SUCKS

-- Dan

Just didn't want to have any mis information here.

For someone who doesn't want to have any misinformation you sure were quick to slander someone with what you had "heard", hmmmmmmmmm???

And yes, you pay for an apartment by the NUMBER of people staying there, that's how it works, so no wonder the woman you mentioned was pissed for having more people stay there...

Speaking of "mis-information", not telling the lessor how many people are going to be staying in the apartment is also a huge "mis-information".

-- Dan

Well that is total #######. And downright slanderous.

I've stayed in his apartments several times in Moscow, stayed there with two different ladies and none of them were a "dump".

So I think you're way off base here, based on "you've heard".... gossip and slanderous innuendo like this totally SUCKS

-- Dan

Just didn't want to have any mis information here.

For someone who doesn't want to have any misinformation you sure were quick to slander someone with what you had "heard", hmmmmmmmmm???

And yes, you pay for an apartment by the NUMBER of people staying there, that's how it works, so no wonder the woman you mentioned was pissed for having more people stay there...

Speaking of "mis-information", not telling the lessor how many people are going to be staying in the apartment is also a huge "mis-information".

-- Dan

And for anyone that thinks these are "dumps" try going to:

http://www.enjoymoscow.com/apartments.htm

And look for yourself. Excuse me these are apartments in RUSSIA, they are not the Sheraton or the Marriott... if you want to pay $500 a night for Western-style accomodations, go spend it at a hotel!

Etta Rossiya!

-- Dan

Timeline

Dan, I am sorry you took so much offence to my post. I have never stayed in one of Rick's apartments to have any first hand experience. I have just read so many posts that were negative about them on differnet forums that personally I never would. I am glad you have had good experieces with them. I am not saying the 6 or so different guys who were shocked at the apartments means anything. Maybe they expected the waldorf moscovia. I have heard of someone else besides you who seemed happy with them. Perhaps he has cleaned up his act or whatever. You have stayed in his apartements. I have not. Therefor I have not a bit of problem saying you are right and I am wrong.

Dan,

I looked Rick's website over a bit and to me the apartments look fine. I have no idea why 75% or the people I have heard comments from complaned so much.

Dan, I am sorry you took so much offence to my post. I have never stayed in one of Rick's apartments to have any first hand experience. I have just read so many posts that were negative about them on differnet forums that personally I never would. I am glad you have had good experieces with them. I am not saying the 6 or so different guys who were shocked at the apartments means anything. Maybe they expected the waldorf moscovia. I have heard of someone else besides you who seemed happy with them. Perhaps he has cleaned up his act or whatever. You have stayed in his apartements. I have not. Therefor I have not a bit of problem saying you are right and I am wrong.

Dan,

I looked Rick's website over a bit and to me the apartments look fine. I have no idea why 75% or the people I have heard comments from complaned so much.

I appreciate that. These are not "Western Apartments" but they are GOOD Quality Russian Apartments in Moscow. And maybe those guys were making the trip to Russia for the first time, and couldn't get over the difference, but we say "Etta Rossiya" (It's RUSSIA!)

Rick has two different services. His business class service: http://www.moscow-star.com actually competes with the 4 and 5-star hotels who charge $300-1500/night, so it attracts mostly international businessmen.

He does no advertising for it because he said demand is twice the supply thanks to the outrageous prices for the top hotels he competes against.

His economy service that many guys have used, as I mentioned, at http://www.enjoymoscow.com , has a wide range of flats. I know some are cheaper and mostly Russian-standard, but they were always clean, comfortable, and fairly priced.

And even Uncle Pasha recommends Rick at:

http://www.unclepasha.com/luxury_apartments_moscow.htm

I appreciate the retraction. I've stayed at his flats several times, I never once felt I was in a "dump", just a RUSSIAN apartment, not an American Penthouse, and he's gone out of his way to help me when I needed it.

This includes letting a lady who was meeting me in Moscow get to the apartment before me so she could "freshen up" after a long journey, before meeting me at the airport.

I get no "commission" from my referrals to him, I'll add as well.

-- Dan

Edited by PurrSuede

I can't wait to go back to Moscow!

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.