Don&Julie

Package rejected

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Would like to share our frustrating experience so far.

We filed on 19th October 2010.

Never heard anything. Made repeated phone calls and emails and told to wait, and wait and wait.

They could not confirm they had recieved our package and said they could not find us in the system.

The package was returned a few days ago with a NOA inside dated the 5th November so we must have been in the system as our case number is on there.

The package had started to be worked on, they had put key evidence inside one of their envelopes (i.e. proof of my flight over there in July and bank statements showing I had withdrawn money over there)

My finance had put the check in a seperate envelope attached to the package but they had not opened this and so rejected the package for no fee being sent.

We have lost our original file date and frustrated about the lack of communication and how this problem could have been rectified very easily.

However, we have filed again and are determined to stay positive and look forward to hopefully a summer wedding!!

1934612.png

http://

Package resent: 14th December 2010

NOA1 dated: 16th December 2010

Cheque cashed: 27th December 2010

Touch: 6th January 2010

Touch: 15th February 2011

NOA2 21st April 2011

Would like to share our frustrating experience so far.

We filed on 19th October 2010.

Never heard anything. Made repeated phone calls and emails and told to wait, and wait and wait.

They could not confirm they had recieved our package and said they could not find us in the system.

The package was returned a few days ago with a NOA inside dated the 5th November so we must have been in the system as our case number is on there.

The package had started to be worked on, they had put key evidence inside one of their envelopes (i.e. proof of my flight over there in July and bank statements showing I had withdrawn money over there)

My finance had put the check in a seperate envelope attached to the package but they had not opened this and so rejected the package for no fee being sent.

We have lost our original file date and frustrated about the lack of communication and how this problem could have been rectified very easily.

However, we have filed again and are determined to stay positive and look forward to hopefully a summer wedding!!

Unfortunately this type of thing happens sometimes. They must not have seen your payment. Did you place it in a regular white mailing envelope? Did you identify the envelope with "Payment enclosed" or some such verbiage?

There is not much you can do at this point, besides what you've done. Re-file, making sure to clearly identify the form of payment. (Some people attach the check/money order to the application by placing it in a clear ziploc bag, so as not to be missed by the mail-room clerks processing these petitions as they come in). Good luck.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Am sorry to hear that, how incredibly frsutrating :-(

We had our first package sent back to us as well because the check my fiance had enclosed had his old address on it.....

Delayed us by a couple of weeks, but it feels like a big deal when your separated from your SO :-(

This process definitely requires a great deal of patience...

Stay strong, and good luck :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.