VisaWanderer

I need a 1 Day CFO Seminar Process in Manila, is there?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys,

i'm not sure if im posting this on a right forum post... but anyways, i need help on CFO Seminar Processing here in Manila, which would only take just for 1 day, i live in a province and i don't want, if possible going back and forth to get this Seminar done..

which is the best way to do this? walk me thru please? :)

i know there are 3 places to go to.. ST. MARY's near Katipunan LRT / PRISM in ??? / CFO Main in Quirino Ave

if i take St. Mary's , will i get the certificate and the sticker/stamp on passport done here? or i still need to go to CFO for the sticker/stamp?

thanks in advance! :)

i suggest go to ST.MARY, if u have done for seminar u wil get certificate and stamp and sticker if u have a VISA already...if not only the certificate u wil get then u wil go back to st.mary for sticker and stamp..GUDLUCK!!!

hi guys,

i'm not sure if im posting this on a right forum post... but anyways, i need help on CFO Seminar Processing here in Manila, which would only take just for 1 day, i live in a province and i don't want, if possible going back and forth to get this Seminar done..

which is the best way to do this? walk me thru please? :)

i know there are 3 places to go to.. ST. MARY's near Katipunan LRT / PRISM in ??? / CFO Main in Quirino Ave

if i take St. Mary's , will i get the certificate and the sticker/stamp on passport done here? or i still need to go to CFO for the sticker/stamp?

thanks in advance! :)

St. Mary's and PRISM( on Taft across from De La Salle University in the BDO building) are the two places in Manila where you can take the seminar. The three or four people that I know that have done it have gone to PRISM. They say it's "easier", meaning a lower stress environment. The seminar will last a couple of hours and then you have a one on one counseling session. It costs 250 pesos and you receive a seminar attendance certificate (yellow). After that you head over to the CFO Main Office and pay 400 pesos and get your CFO "guidance & counseling" certificate, and if you already have your visa package you'll get the CFO sticker placed in your passport. If you don't have you visa yet, you can go back to the CFO Main Office at a later date to get the sticker or you can get the sticker at the CFO extension office in the airport. I'm uncertain of the hours for the CFO extension offices, so I'd call and verify their hours if you think you might want to take this route. You wouldn't want to show up at the airport and have them be closed. They WILL prevent you from boarding your flight if you do not have your CFO sticker.

Hope this helps...Good luck.

George

P.S. this should have been asked in the "Philippines" regional forum since it's Philippines specific and doesn't concern a specific visa type.

Edited by George & Gina

11/15/10: I-130 package FEDEX'd to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/10: NSO Marriage and Birth Certificates available for pick-up at NSO

11/17/10: Receipt Date of I-130 petition at Chicago Lockbox

11/19/10: NSO Marriage Cert and Birth Cert (4x each) received by Gina in Philippines

11/19/10: CRBA package couriered to US Embassy in Manila

11/22/10: CRBA package/application including NSO BC & MC received by embassy

11/22/10: NOA1 Date

11/24/10: Electronic notification of receipt received from Chicago Lockbox

11/24/10: Embassy scheduled CRBA appointment for 12/21/2010

11/26/20: Check cashed

11/27/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received via USPS

12/21/10: Interview/Personal appearance at Manila Embassy for CRBA **approved**

01/03/11: CRBA and US Passport for daughter received by Gina via FEDEX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks guys! i went to ST.MARY's and there was no hassle going to the place, just took LRT2 from Cubao going to Katipunan and once outside, it was on the next Blue/Green Building standing on the other side of the road..

i came right on time as i decided to take the LRT instead of taking a Cab as there was some heavy traffic going on down the road... taking LRT was just 2-3 minutes... very convinient! :)

the counseling started @ 8:30AM with just 6 of us, started filling up forms and paid fees one for P200 registration and the P400 for the sticker and certificate.. watched some clips from an old news report from Noli de Castro "MGB" :) and

after a few hours.. i had mine stamped and got my certificate of attendance and placed the sticker on the passport! yay!

[i didnt have to go to the CFO main office as they already had an extension office at St. Mary's toO so that means less hassle going to the main office]

Thank you so much for sharing and all the advice!

very helpful! :)

next stop.... Point of Entry... :)

Edited by VisaWanderer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.