40 posts in this topic

Please read this post/thread:

January 2011 interviews (F2A)

I'd love to hear your comments. I'm starting to lose hope. sad.gif

I-130

12/22/09: I-130 receipt date (Sent by lawyer to CSC)

8/20:10: Approved/NOA2

9/03/10: NVC # generated, gave e-mail adds

9/08/10: Received IV/AOS fee bill

9/09/10: Paid AOS/IV

9/13/10: Mailed completed AOS, enetered into the system on 9/14

9/19/10: Mailed completed DS-230, entered into the system on 9/22

10/13/10: CASE COMPLETE!!!

04/06/11: Case upgraded from F2A to CR-1

05/03/11: Final review completed

05/17/11: Interview date scheduled!

05/20/11: Forwarded case to USEM

06/10/11: Interview - APPROVED!!!

This is not good news, for those of us who got their cases completed and didn't get an interview for January, our case are going to be put oh hold until our priority date becomes current.

This is not good news, for those of us who got their cases completed and didn't get an interview for January, our case are going to be put oh hold until our priority date becomes current.

Unfortunately all we gonna have big paper work too! I just spoke who'se interviewed rescheduled for previouse retrofression. When his visa was current embassy wants to fill up again I-864 amended & new tax transcript, pay stub, bank statement all these..This is just rediculous. US government shouldn't play with innocent people life. This is only country that make people life harder. I should just pay $10k to mexican drug dealer help my wife sneak in the border. This kind of US government activities put immigrants hopeless & more miserable.

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

@ Diar, as i saw your inerview has not scheduled yet though your case completed by NVc. In that case when do you expect to have a interview scedule at Dhaka consular? Although I have seen a lot of immigrants assuming that the retrogession will be over by next 4 months based on their research with last ten years visa bulletins. Hope that will come true. Good luck everyone with their IV cases.

@ Diar, as i saw your inerview has not scheduled yet though your case completed by NVc. In that case when do you expect to have a interview scedule at Dhaka consular? Although I have seen a lot of immigrants assuming that the retrogession will be over by next 4 months based on their research with last ten years visa bulletins. Hope that will come true. Good luck everyone with their IV cases.

@tanya,

Not even mine interview hasn't schedule yet. Where did you find that retrogression will over in 4 months? According to AILA website, it will take another 1-2 years otherwise US government again ran out of fund. US government just took an advantage of innocent immigrants as they know no one will protest agains them.

US CITIZENSHIP

Taniya Bhabi

Bhalo laglo ekhane dekhe. I think the retrogression will stop after 3 months, but there will be a very slow movement until October.

I don't think I will get an interview before October. But I am applying for citizenship very soon that will speed up the process.

There is no alternative to retrogression as there is limited number of visas available also there was a flooding of Petitions when the bulletin was moving very fast. Last six months excessive number of petitions were submitted

Taniya Bhabi

Bhalo laglo ekhane dekhe. I think the retrogression will stop after 3 months, but there will be a very slow movement until October.

I don't think I will get an interview before October. But I am applying for citizenship very soon that will speed up the process.

There is no alternative to retrogression as there is limited number of visas available also there was a flooding of Petitions when the bulletin was moving very fast. Last six months excessive number of petitions were submitted

@diar,

can you tell me where did you find that retrogresion will stop after 3 months? I am curious about that!!

US CITIZENSHIP

I want to believe what you are saying is true - but look at this - this is from the immigrant info page on the Dhaka US embassy website:

A Note Regarding Visa Availability

The issuance of family sponsored and employment based preference visas is numerically limited by Congress. Interviews for applicants in these categories are scheduled when the applicant's priority date becomes current and visa numbers are available. However, priority dates may change, and it is possible that at the time of the interview, visa numbers may no longer be available. If visa numbers are no longer available for your visa category, your interview will proceed as scheduled, but your visa not be issued until the priority date again becomes current and new numbers are available. Applicants should check the Visa Bulletin on the Department of State's website for up to date information on priority dates for all immigrant visa categories.

http://dhaka.usembas...rant_visas.html

Updates:

The cutoff dates for the countries of chargeability in each FB category is beyond the scope of this article. That information is always available from the DOS via MurthyDotCom's visa date page. However, as predicted in the December 2010 Visa Bulletin, significant retrogression occurred in key FB categories.

This is the result of considerable advancement of the cutoff dates, most notably in the FB2A category for spouses and children of permanent residents (green card holders). This enormous advancement created, as intended, additional demand for visa numbers in this category. Accordingly, the increased demand has forced the retrogression of the cutoff dates in FB2A. The January 2011 Visa Bulletin indicates that further FB retrogression could be possible, depending upon continued demand for visa numbers.

http://murthy.com/bulletin.html

US CITIZENSHIP

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I want to believe what you are saying is true - but look at this - this is from the immigrant info page on the Dhaka US embassy website:

A Note Regarding Visa Availability

The issuance of family sponsored and employment based preference visas is numerically limited by Congress. Interviews for applicants in these categories are scheduled when the applicant’s priority date becomes current and visa numbers are available. However, priority dates may change, and it is possible that at the time of the interview, visa numbers may no longer be available. If visa numbers are no longer available for your visa category, your interview will proceed as scheduled, but your visa not be issued until the priority date again becomes current and new numbers are available. Applicants should check the Visa Bulletin on the Department of State’s website for up to date information on priority dates for all immigrant visa categories.

http://dhaka.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

yup this make sense ....it is true..they regulate the number of visa allocation, it doesn't guarantee an interview for a visa..we have to wait....

Timeline

my case was completed last 12-14 , and my husband didn't make it for january interview, we have to wait ....but dont know how long...i wonder why they did'nt make some planning for this...they collected documents and payment ...then with the last step they put it on HOLD ...it sucks...really sucks....

Timeline

i agree good luck to all of us...we are all on the same boat...lets just pray and hope for the BEST.

Timeline

I am not sure how you can be so sure that interview date = guaranteed visa. The embassy website says if the PD is not current at the time of the interview, they can't issue visas. see my post above.

my friend have her interview while her PD i current, but unfortunately she did'nt got her visa but instead got his passport back and letter that say "cannot continue processing my family's papers due to the recent changes in the statutorily mandated availability of visa numbers in F2a category, visa numbers will be made available strictly in order of priority dates" so it doesn't garantee anything.....but to wait, only consolation is that it was already processed right! don't loose hope guys

my friend have her interview while her PD i current, but unfortunately she did'nt got her visa but instead got his passport back and letter that say "cannot continue processing my family's papers due to the recent changes in the statutorily mandated availability of visa numbers in F2a category, visa numbers will be made available strictly in order of priority dates" so it doesn't garantee anything.....but to wait, only consolation is that it was already processed right! don't loose hope guys

Well, Your friend case kinda interesting to me. Even, his PD is current they dont have the visa number for him. It is hard to believe. So, his petition will sitting at the embassy until Visa number available......for how long 2/3/4/5 years?? It sounds like Cow sh!!!T :whistle:

Edited by Miami_Boy

US CITIZENSHIP

Timeline

Well, Your friend case kinda interesting to me. Even, his PD is current they dont have the visa number for him. It is hard to believe. So, his petition will sitting at the embassy until Visa number available......for how long 2/3/4/5 years?? It sounds like Cow sh!!!T :whistle:

yup ..i was also surprise that thing is happening , all the while i thought having an interview will mean a visas would be issued , unfortunately ###### just happens, and it scares me cause i did finished all the processesing last 12-14, unfortunately was not part of the january interview...i just wait till my case becomes current ...by the way the consul did told her he have to redo her medical exam and resubm,it expired docs...thats painful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.